Abhisit Fears Renewed Political Turmoil During Mid-Year

webfact

Abhisit Fears Renewed Political Turmoil During Mid-year

BANGKOK: -- The Democrat Party leader is concerned that another political turmoil might break out during the middle of this year, considering a number of unresolved problems including the Red Shirt village expansion and the campaign towards charter rewrite.

Opposition Democrat Party Leader Abhisit Vejjajiva expressed his concern that Thailand might face another political turmoil during the middle of this year as there are still many unresolved problems, especially the constitution amendment and the expansion of red-shirt villages in Udon Thani Province to 10,000 villages.

He said the Red Shirt village expansion will deepen social divide and could breed a new round of conflicts and violence, which contradicts the government's initiative on national reconciliation.

Abhisit added if the government is sincere about solving the problem, it should ask all sides to work together to move the country forward and stop dividing people on their political stance.

The Democrat leader commented on charter rewrite, saying that the move involves highly sensitive subjects and the government should make it clear which provision it is going to modify so that further conflicts could be prevented.

Meanwhile, Abhisit refused to predict the outcome of the Constitution Court's review of the two proposed borrowing decrees as earlier petitioned by Democrat party-list MP Korn Chatikavanij and Appointed Senator Kamnoon Sitthisaman.

He reiterated that if the decrees are found to be unconstitutional, someone has to show responsibility, particularly those who proposed them. However, Abhisit admitted he has no objection if the decrees are proposed as bills instead.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-02-22

footer_n.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as he is not saying much what political force can match that of the governmental one and oppose rise of red villages, he is warning of yet another military coup. He has the power to influence it one way or another. He is a better lapdog of the thai ruling elite, than the present government

• Like 1

Abhisit Fears Renewed Political Turmoil During Mid-year, #1^

He said the Red Shirt village expansion will deepen social divide and could breed a new round of conflicts and violence, which contradicts the government's initiative on national reconciliation.

What conflict and violence can occur from red Shirt Villages?

As long as his armed aggressors he used to enforce their coup, are not utilized again, what is the problem.

Economically and politically speaking, the elites Abhi represents are the non-electoral power in the country.

Red Shirt Villages are merely an attempt to bring some balance to this political and economic scale.

Also a manifestation of electoral realities, and what coup-ists would be up against should they try their trick again.

Abhisit added if the government is sincere about solving the problem, it should ask all sides to work together to move the country forward and stop dividing people on their political stance.

The way he did at R'song with his mafia offer, and contempt for the demonstrators?

I see.

Meanwhile, Abhisit refused to predict the outcome of the Constitution Court's review of the two proposed borrowing decrees

His intent by appealing to the judges is obvious.

But never mind all that.

Quoting this guy, and taking his views seriously just seems so odd.

He is the devil-personified by the biggest electoral block in Thailand, and doesn't have a hope of electoral success due to his own weaknesses.

WOW Government turmoil. Did he figure this out all by himself? What a rocket Scientist.

That's government caused turmoil.

I have read this sentiment before.

It most often results from Oppositional types who cannot conceive having their hereditary governance privileges denied.

In their mind, if they don't rule, it must be turmoil, or in another instance I read - chaos.

WOW Government turmoil. Did he figure this out all by himself? What a rocket Scientist.

It most often results from Oppositional types who cannot conceive having their hereditary governance privileges denied.

In their mind, if they don't rule, it must be turmoil, or in another instance I read - chaos.

As opposed to nepotistic governance privileges?

As opposed to nepotistic governance privileges?

Elections!

Peau Thai and UDD need Conflict and division to motivate their supporters .. The Future of Thailand can go to hell

Didn't see that in last years elections.

Again, spoken by someone who has never been near a PTP/UDD entity.

The comment attests to that fact, and is parroting of Oppositional agenda.

as he is not saying much what political force can match that of the governmental one and oppose rise of red villages, he is warning of yet another military coup. He has the power to influence it one way or another. He is a better lapdog of the thai ruling elite, than the present government

Does Abhisit have power, or is he a lapdog?

Peau Thai and UDD need Conflict and division to motivate their supporters .. The Future of Thailand can go to hell

Evidently you also have never been near a red shirt entity. Here in Udon during the burn Bangkok campaign they were stopping every car and searching them. They tried to stop me and I ran through them much to my wife's chagrin and screaming "stop or they will shoot us". They were armed with guns, sharpend bamboo sticks and anything else they could find. They hit my car with their sticks and it cost me B12,000 to get ithe dents out and repainted. Don't talk to me about these people being peaceful. It ain't so. You need to learn the facts before you start posting nonsense.

True democracy, Red Shirt style. As*oles

Evidently you also have never been near a red shirt entity. Here in Udon during the burn Bangkok campaign they were stopping every car and searching them. They tried to stop me and I ran through them much to my wife's chagrin and screaming "stop or they will shoot us". They were armed with guns, sharpend bamboo sticks and anything else they could find. They hit my car with their sticks and it cost me B12,000 to get ithe dents out and repainted. Don't talk to me about these people being peaceful. It ain't so. You need to learn the facts before you start posting nonsense.

You may have liked former NSW Premier Bob Askin. When his official car was blocked by protesters he famously told his driver "Run the b@stards over!" (sic).

• Like 1

You may have liked former NSW Premier Bob Askin. When his official car was blocked by protesters he famously told his driver "Run the b@stards over!" (sic).

My kind of guy!

Abhisit Fears Renewed Political Turmoil During Mid-year, #1^

What conflict and violence can occur from red Shirt Villages?

As long as his armed aggressors he used to enforce their coup, are not utilized again, what is the problem.

Economically and politically speaking, the elites Abhi represents are the non-electoral power in the country.

Red Shirt Villages are merely an attempt to bring some balance to this political and economic scale.

Also a manifestation of electoral realities, and what coup-ists would be up against should they try their trick again.

The way he did at R'song with his mafia offer, and contempt for the demonstrators?

I see.

Meanwhile, Abhisit refused to predict the outcome of the Constitution Court's review of the two proposed borrowing decrees

His intent by appealing to the judges is obvious.

But never mind all that.

Quoting this guy, and taking his views seriously just seems so odd.

He is the devil-personified by the biggest electoral block in Thailand, and doesn't have a hope of electoral success due to his own weaknesses.

Once again: Utter nonsense from this poster. Unbelievabe that any rational human being cannot see the danger of setting up 'political villages'. As one friend of mine (a Thai teacher) living in one of these villages said: "I am very scared because now you have to be very careful of what you say even to your neighbour. What is happening to our conutry. Nice folk have suddlenly become really nasty." (Quote from Khunying Oh, mother of three, teacher, resides in a red village near Khon Kaen.) There are many examples in history where this type of network politcal organisation has led to a diminishing of human rights, the end of free speech and, when the going gets rough: extermination. Rather than respond with all your rhetoric, lets make a deal: Let's talk to each other in two years and see who was right.

Edited by ianf
  • Like 1

More nonsense. Even the sentence construction doesn't make sense.

Elections!

Russia. Iran. Venezuela. Peron era Argentina.

Yeah, those are bad elections.

Thailands elections are not good either, but better than anything else.

The vote-buying thing obviously comes to mind.

Unlike one side of the political divide tries to sell, that they are angelic in this regard, is so much hoeie.

Even if vote buying had been totally eradicated from the last election, you can be sure the results would have been the same.

Pimay, #11

Evidently you also have never been near a red shirt entity.

You know not of what you speak Pimay.

Here in Udon during the burn Bangkok campaign they were stopping every car and searching them. They tried to stop me and I ran through them much to my wife's chagrin and screaming "stop or they will shoot us". They were armed with guns, sharpend bamboo sticks and anything else they could find. They hit my car with their sticks and it cost me B12,000 to get ithe dents out and repainted. Don't talk to me about these people being peaceful. It ain't so. You need to learn the facts before you start posting nonsense.

By the the burn Bangkok campaign, do you mean those bad taxpayers standing up to the armed aggression from coup-ists.

As for the rest of your stuff about Red Shirt Villages, it is utter and blatant deception. You are probably not even in Udon.

There were no Red Shirt Villages before R'song, and even if there were, the story you spin would never happen.

Never happen!

I know of what I speak Pimay...believe me!

You didn't see? Really?

No mass protests, no calls to violence, no actual violence, no mass arson, no bombs going off around Bangkok, I didn't wake up one morning with the acrid smoke of a burning city, nothing happened at all...

And since then no further divisions between Them and US, you being a prime example of that blatant "double standard", constant fear mongering about coups, lies, threats and ghoulishly feeding on the corpses of the victims of the violence they propitiated.

You are delusional. Get out of your Red Shirt bubble and visit reality some day.

Wow.

Oppositional agenda blaring out in full volume.

The agenda of demonizing those who had the audacity to stand up to the Armed aggression by the coupists, of the coup they were protesting against.

Molotov cocktail thrower - bad

Gunman - good

Guilty as charged - fear mongering about coups I mean.

Edited by CalgaryII

By the the burn Bangkok campaign, do you mean those bad taxpayers standing up to the armed aggression from coup-ists.

No. I think he means the criminals that lit fires in central Bangkok and a number of other buildings around the city ... even buildings with people in them.

• Like 2

True democracy, Red Shirt style. As*oles

Did you actually believe that story Skywalker69?

Pimay, #11

Here in Udon during the burn Bangkok campaign they were stopping every car and searching them. They tried to stop me and I ran through them much to my wife's chagrin and screaming "stop or they will shoot us". They were armed with guns, sharpend bamboo sticks and anything else they could find. They hit my car with their sticks and it cost me B12,000 to get ithe dents out and repainted. Don't talk to me about these people being peaceful. It ain't so. You need to learn the facts before you start posting nonsense.

As for the rest of your stuff about Red Shirt Villages, it is utter and blatant deception. You are probably not even in Udon.

There were no Red Shirt Villages before R'song, and even if there were, the story you spin would never happen.

Never happen!

WOW ... a god ... he's everywhere and knows everything.

Wow.

Oppositional agenda blaring out in full volume.

The agenda of demonizing those who had the audacity to stand up to the Armed aggression by the coupists, of the coup they were protesting against.

Molotov cocktail thrower - bad

Gunman - good

Guilty as charged - fear mongering about coups I mean.

Obviously you don't tire of spewing BS.

Red Shirts and their "friends" did a lot more than throwing Molotov cocktails long before they faced firing soldiers.

In fact (do you know what that is?) nobody was killed last year until your heroes upped the ante by murdering the commanding officer at Victory Monument.

ianf, #21^

Once again: Utter nonsense from this poster. Unbelievabe that any rational human being cannot see the danger of setting up 'political villages'. As one friend of mine (a Thai teacher) living in one of these villages: "I am very scared because now you have to be very careful of what you say even to your neighbour".

Nonsense

There are many examples in history where this type of network politcal organisation has led to a diminishing of himan rights, the close of free speech and, when the going gets rough: extermination.

Very effectively bringing some equilibrium to power relationships in Thailand.

This power imbalance was powerfully on display than during the 2006 coup, and R'song slapping down of those who objected.

Rather than respond with all your rhetoric, lets make a deal: Let's talk to each other in two years and see who was right.

Ya may as well respond to my reasoned and supported Posts, cause we will lose track of this thing two years from now.

Besides, I'm old and decrepit, but with a powerful sense of political equitableness and justness.

Pimay, #11

Never happen!

Tell you what Calagryll. If you ever get to Udon PM me and let me know when your flight arrives. I'll be happy to meet you at the airport. It's only four kilometers from my house. We can dicuss this over a beer. I'll bring along my maid. Her brother is one of the ring leaders of the Udon red thug mob. She detests everything they do and stand for. She can enlighten you first hand on all these things that "never happened"!

By the way you might want to improve your reading skills. I did not say anything about a red village during the burn Bangkok campain. Those came later.

In closing, no one believes you because your post have no credibility. Only nonsense.