Is Online Lover Exist?

BambinA

Hi Bambina

This isnt a romance story coz I am happy married  :D

I have met some wonderful people on the internet and am lucky to meet them later in real life.  I met someone 8 years ago on internet chat and that person became my best friend and my sister.  We met in real life first time after about 1 year of chat. Now we talk together everyday and see each other in real life as often as possible.

I have met others from chat and always have enjoyed the experience.  There used to be regular meeting of chatters from Yahoo chat at Hardrock in Bangkok, always was fun to link faces with IDs  :D

I've met a few people at various settings that I met on the internet (on a few thai sites.) these were at pissups (as you say) They have been some fine people, some of whom post on thaivisa, some who don't. A few have visited with me in the US, and I hope I was a good guide and fellow bar crawler when they were here. As I don't go out much to bars anymore, I'm not sure I was able to take them to the best places. One very nice lady was kind enough to explain the thai wedding ceremony to the assembled guests at my wedding to my wonderful thai wife. She basically acted as an impromtu master of ceremony to the mostly non thai guests. It was a grand gesture on her part that added much to my wedding. (held in the US)

It was odd to talk online in a forum, then find out her and her husband live in the same city I do and go to the same Wat Then a couple of years later to have her take a significant part at my wedding. She helps out at the Wat during services and has taught classes of some sort there as well as in her business life, as she was a teacher and now works for the state dept of education.

So I'm not adverse to meeting folks online, just haven't ever looked for love there, but I guess I'd take big grains of salt to what was being said. :o

(Quote Icey): Alex I didn't question the motives of people using the internet for dating

I know Icy, but the real question should be: Why are people looking for a partner.

What/why is it that people want to have a loved one, other then their family.

What are they looking for or missing.

Can cyber dating help to select your possible future partner.

KR,

Alex

Edited by AlexLah

(Quote Icey): Alex I didn't question the motives of people using the internet for dating 

I know Icy, but the real question should be: Why are people looking for a partner.

What/why is it that people want to have a loved one, other then their family.

What are they looking for or missing.

Can cyber dating help to select your possible future partner.

KR,

Alex

IMHO (he, he I just learnt this)...

people who is sick is seeking health

people who is very poor is seeking ways of survival

people who feels lonely seeks for love

sometimes the love that you receive from your family is not enough.

I used to live with a guy who had many friends...however he felt lonely and insecure...he felt in love and everything change. He felt more secure and he start to appreciate his friends frienship more Why? I don´t know

but I think that ´s the beauty about love is still a MISTERY. :o

Edited by Glauka

(Quote) Glauka: IMHO (he, he I just learnt this)...

I am not sure what you mean....

Alex

Alex

I just finish working so I have to explain myself later :o

Ok Lah, Take care and have a good shower and an iced coffee or something.

Alex

Alex

Hi again

Refering to single people

People who is sick is seeking for health...well what I mean is if you have a serious illness your major concern is to get well, IMHO you are not thinking about finding partner...your health is your priority .

People who is very poor is seeking ways of survival...well if you have not money to eat or you are struggling to pay your rent...your major concern is about getting those things fixed...again you are not thinking about finding a partner...your economy(next day nourishment, next month rent...) is your major priority

People who feels lonely seeks for love...well If you health is ok and your economy is not that bad ( you can survive) you may feel lonely and you feel like finding that person who is willing to share with you the happy and sad moments that life will bring to both of you...

Do you understand ? :D

Even though your are loved by your friends and family that kind of love has nothing to do with the way you love the person you fall for...

I don´t know what it is I just know that is different...

:o I will think about it ...

The internet is just a means of communication. Who's to say you can't make friends this way (did anyone else have penpals at school?). My mate just got married to a bloke she met through a mis sent company email. A few cheeky emails later and they met at the pub.

I do believe care and common sense has to be taken into account when chatting online though. Too many horrible stories of child predators lurking online, using the internet to find and meet their victims.