Pattaya To Koh Chang

Gone

I did the forum search and the latest post was from 2008. I have some friends visiting me here tomorrow then they will want to get to Koh Chang from Pattaya. I don't thing the Sukhumvit bus station goes direct without changing in Kanchanaburi right?

Is there a better more direct way to go these days? Like mini van etc? If anyone knows can you please let me know where to catch the vehicle from and if you know the times and cost that would be great too. :)

Why would you post a link to my replied to another person who was asking about day trips?

When I go to Koh Chang I normally drive and was giving that person some facts. This post I am asking how to get there by bus/mini van etc from Pattaya. The second link you posted had nothing to do with schedules etc to Trat really but thanks for taking the time to help anyways.

MJCM: Thank you for that link. Very helpful and I will call them when my friends re ready to go.

I haven't seen them in 15 years so I'm not sure how energetic or adventurous they are but at least they have 2 options now. Get the bus to Chanthaburi (yeah I know I was wrong and it's not Kanchanaburi lol) then switch buses to Trat or take the mini van you linked me to.

XEN yes you are right thanks.

Re #4 from "MJCM" I've used this minibus several times now,Their office is on Pattaya Tai,not far from Sukhumvit Road.The minibuses are new,and comfortable.The staff in the office speak good English-I normally go there in person and book and pay for the tickets.It costs 350THB one way from Pattaya to the Koh Chang ferry,which I think is pretty good value.The minibus stops a couple of times on the way at petrol stations to refuel and for toilet/refreshments.Definitely the best way to go.Last time they picked me up at the hotel as well,included in the price(I didn't realise this was an option previously)

Re #4 from "MJCM" I've used this minibus several times now,Their office is on Pattaya Tai,not far from Sukhumvit Road.The minibuses are new,and comfortable.The staff in the office speak good English-I normally go there in person and book and pay for the tickets.It costs 350THB one way from Pattaya to the Koh Chang ferry,which I think is pretty good value.The minibus stops a couple of times on the way at petrol stations to refuel and for toilet/refreshments.Definitely the best way to go.Last time they picked me up at the hotel as well,included in the price(I didn't realise this was an option previously)

Wow that is definitely a good deal. You cannot beat that. Good info and thanks again. I will bring then there for sure. Wow hotel pick up as well is awesome. They are staying on soi 13 beach rd now so I will go there on my bike tomorrow and book for them and tell them where they are etc.

GREAT RESPONSES FOLKS !!!!!