Pregnant Aussie Teenager Beaten, Robbed In Phuket Ladyboy Attack

webfact

I think the boyfriend has some responsibility for what happened. I would not let my 5 month pregnant girlfriend out alone at that time of night any where in the world and especially a place like Phuket where there are many dangers for a woman alone.

Considering Thailand and all travel agents sell Phuket as paradise on earth where the Thai people are all friendly, full of smiles, all welcoming you into their home for food, there is no reason for anyone who doesn't live here to know otherwise.

Haven't you seen the advertisements?

Amazing Thailand.... once in a lifetime.

And honestly, 4 ladyboys (probably drug addicts) beating up a girl sounds exactly like something that would happen in Phuket or Pattaya.

I am not so sure your right about Pattaya.Have been there many times and have not really heard much about ladyboys attacking tourists. But Phuket is a whole different story. Have been there many times as well and have heard numerus stories about the ladyboys there.

For the Phuket versus the Pattaya gang, the facts are that we only get to hear about a fraction of the crime that happens in these places and this also includes other parts of Thailand such as Chiang Mai for example. It is only on occasions that an incident gets highlighted and makes the national or international news.

There is Thai on Thai crime, plus Thai on farang crime and farang on farang crime. Farangs are being robbed, cheated and murdered in Thailand, most of it does not hit the headlines so we cannot accurately estimate which areas of Thailand have the highest crime rates or which crimes are the most prominent in any particular areas.

For me, I still feel safer in Thailand than I would in the States or in Britain and as for the victims of crime in Thailand, especially farangs, I believe the majority of victims are those who become involved in stuff that is way over they’re heads and as for this poor girl, it`s just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and could happen to any of us. We can only live in hope that next time round it wont be one of us or anyone close to us, just fate that’s all.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I saw four ladyboys and I asked them the way to the main road."

Sounds like patong has become East St. Louis? "Can you give me directions back to the expressway?" "What, for free?"

Clark gets lost in the hood "Vacation" (1983)

I had a friend come to visit a couple years back and he liked to tease the ladyboys. He got the "hello handsome man, hello sexy man" from the bar girls and, when he saw a ladyboy he would say to them "hello handsome man, hello sexy man". None smiled at his 'humor' a quite a few flipped him off and yelled at him in Thai. I explained to him that, they may look like girls but, those are guys and can kick your ass if you make fun of them. In Pattaya, several years ago, I saw a drunk Brit or Aussie (hard to tell when they are drunk and slurring their words) saying nasty things to the ladyboys on Walking Street. a crowd formed to watch. He thought he was being funny and kept grinning at the crowd. But, after a couple minutes, it was like a hornets nest had been shaken. HE got swarmed by ladyboys and got his butt kicked right there on walking street. He was curled in a ball and getting punched and kicked by 3 or 4 ladyboys. Then, the crowd started to laugh, the ladyboys may look like girls, he was the one crying like a girl then.

<deleted>! This story really steams me! I have a mind to fly down there and do a walk about. At 180 lb.'s and an accomplished brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I would love to tie these waste of a human life into ladyboy knots.

I hope the police get to them soon!

The story is well crafted with the intention of "steaming" you. You've fallen for it.

I had a friend come to visit a couple years back and he liked to tease the ladyboys. He got the "hello handsome man, hello sexy man" from the bar girls and, when he saw a ladyboy he would say to them "hello handsome man, hello sexy man". None smiled at his 'humor' a quite a few flipped him off and yelled at him in Thai. I explained to him that, they may look like girls but, those are guys and can kick your ass if you make fun of them. In Pattaya, several years ago, I saw a drunk Brit or Aussie (hard to tell when they are drunk and slurring their words) saying nasty things to the ladyboys on Walking Street. a crowd formed to watch. He thought he was being funny and kept grinning at the crowd. But, after a couple minutes, it was like a hornets nest had been shaken. HE got swarmed by ladyboys and got his butt kicked right there on walking street. He was curled in a ball and getting punched and kicked by 3 or 4 ladyboys. Then, the crowd started to laugh, the ladyboys may look like girls, he was the one crying like a girl then.

3 or 4 sober men onto one drunk man. I guess they felt tough

And all this because 1 person, a 19 year old, claims something has happened. No mention of it elsewhere, not even in the most sensational of news websites we have.

So are you saying it didn't happen???

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying I think it didn't happen.

<deleted>! This story really steams me! I have a mind to fly down there and do a walk about. At 180 lb.'s and an accomplished brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I would love to tie these waste of a human life into ladyboy knots.

When you imagine these things, do you play the part, or does an actor?

Doesn't matter where you are in Thailand... They don't f*****g like us!!! End of!!

You don't know what you are talking about. Or it's just you and your kind they don't like!

What is our kind? Enlighten me...

I doubt if enlightenment will come your way for a while, but I hope it does, because at the moment you present as an angry undesirable.

"They don't f*****g like us" is understandably your view of things. I don't like you either, at the moment. .. or at least the pulsating, steaming red face. However, for those who are in Thailand to exploit and give back nothing, .. who see it as a saga about "them and us", .. who want everything like it is in the tourist brochures, and with a system just like it is back home, except for a fifth of the price, who expect the Thais to accommodate your fantasies, no questions asked, well, I guess you are going to run into a few problems. I'm not saying that all about you, but give it a thought.

I spend most of my "In Thailand days" 150+ km North of Bangkok, and get alone just fine with my townsfolk. There are no tourists and I like it, and I've yet to be confronted with anything resembling resentment for my presence or how I fit in there. I do sometimes walk out late at night, to talk to and feed a few street dogs. I have never felt threatened in Bkk, but then I don't frequent the bar and disco scene.

To the story of the original post, if indeed she did go out alone at that time in that place, dressed like a slut, and demanding, in English, directions or whatever, she's a fool. Or else the whole thing is a load of crap, and was created as a preamble for an insurance claim.

Take care, lighten up and you'll be ok.

• Like 1

Taunt a group and expect the group to respond unless you are a total cretin.

i hate to be cynical but something about this smells - what the ladyboys did was horrendous and reprehensible and by no way am i an advocate of the "going out dressed like that, asking for it" school but 1am, down an alley, 5 months pregnant, in a foreign place, bf back at the room? i'd bet dollars to donuts there's another shoe to fall.

i know of a lad, sends his pregnant gf out to buy the mary-jane as less likelihood of her being stopped - jus' sayin'

anyhoo glad the kid is ok, shame Phuket is trending for all the wrong reasons lately

Yes +1

jb1

Sorry hadn't seen how long the thread was when I made post

Edited by jimbeam1

It's really hard to expect young adults to exercise good judgement but to be beaten up by five guys "ladyboy or not". They need to have the <snip> kicked out of them. I don't advocat violence but I am really getting tired of hearing about all the attacks that are going on, expecially when you think about how much our governments give to Thailand...Right now we have 300 troops in Thailand...I wonder how much they are robbing the American government for that. Or how much the government alllowed the Tuk Tuk drivers to rob from the Navy. There must be away that someone can kick some sense into those idiiots down there.

Edited by metisdead

It's really hard to expect young adults to exercise good judgement but to be beaten up by five guys "ladyboy or not". They need to have the <snip> kicked out of them. I don't advocat violence but I am really getting tired of hearing about all the attacks that are going on, expecially when you think about how much our governments give to Thailand...Right now we have 300 troops in Thailand...I wonder how much they are robbing the American government for that. Or how much the government alllowed the Tuk Tuk drivers to rob from the Navy. There must be away that someone can kick some sense into those idiiots down there.

Read through all the posts here. You will see members that how big they are and how strong they are and how they intimidate Thai's. Heavyweights saying how they can take down a welterweight.

When I was in Singapore, a drunk Aussie with his Filipina g/f was in an argument with a doorman at a club. The Aussie was yelling and cursing the doorman and the door man continued to be polite but, had a few back up employees standing behind him. The Aussie finally shoved the doorman and they were all over him like white on rice. Unfair? doubtful as he was much bigger than they were.

I was in Thailand when I was in the US Army in the mid 70's and loved it. When the Kitty Hawk made liberty calls here, the prices went up but, the prices were paid. It was still cheaper than having liberty in Europe or the US. You can't overcharge if someone is willing to pay. Fortunately, living in Thailand, I have learned the system. If I feel I am being overcharged, I pass it by and don't buy the goods or services. I know what the going rate is for locals and that's what I pay. I don't pay the farang price.

First of all, there is no good excuse to attack a lonely pregnant women...EVER!!! :-(

......but, something smells not right about this (don´t think the whole story is told yet..)??

/ Z

I concur, there is something about this story that smells like yesterdays fish. With all the fat farang women in Phuket, it's hard to tell who is pregnant.

First of all, there is no good excuse to attack a lonely pregnant women...EVER!!! :-(

......but, something smells not right about this (don´t think the whole story is told yet..)??

/ Z

I concur, there is something about this story that smells like yesterdays fish. With all the fat farang women in Phuket, it's hard to tell who is pregnant.

Dear TV please build the, "oh no he ditn't" icon immediately - I just spat coke on my phone!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

glad to hear the baby is alright but....

1. why go out at one in the morning into a dark alley in patong beach?

2. why wasn't the boyfriend with her?

when you're five months pregnant...

probabaly looking for "nam kheng" Two sides to every story....!!

&lt;deleted&gt;! This story really steams me! I have a mind to fly down there and do a walk about. At 180 lb.'s and an accomplished brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I would love to tie these waste of a human life into ladyboy knots.

When you imagine these things, do you play the part, or does an actor?

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

So I just clicked the link to see if there had been any updates and noticed the Phuket Gazette version says she went to the hospital at 3:30pm whereas the copy in the OP says 3:30am!

If the gazette updated and is correct.... Repeatedly kicked in the stomach at 1am went for a checkup at 3:30pm....

Oh wait not allowed to intimate something doesn't add up here or King Arthur and all the knights of the round table gallop down one's throat!

So I just clicked the link to see if there had been any updates and noticed the Phuket Gazette version says she went to the hospital at 3:30pm whereas the copy in the OP says 3:30am!

If the gazette updated and is correct.

And the track record of accuracy in English language newspapers here is?

• Like 1

If the gazette updated and is correct.... Repeatedly kicked in the stomach at 1am went for a checkup at 3:30pm....

Oh wait not allowed to intimate something doesn't add up here or King Arthur and all the knights of the round table gallop down one's throat!

My God. 80% of the people who post on this thread are so borring. It's like a train wreck. Got to slow down to see the carnage and then listen to the ridiculous speculations of what happened by people who have no real idea what they are talking about because they make up their own version of the events.To the smart asses who think they have a witty response to my comment,save it,because I have unsubscribed to this thread that is getting out of hand. Good Night Edited by morocco

well being an Aussie I hope she is not bullshitting, having said that we do hear of this stuff at home and i see when i am there scum that should not even be allowed to breed letalone visit other countries, I personally tend to keep away from the touristy areas and have no problems at all, I take it as I find it

If the gazette updated and is correct.

And the track record of accuracy in English language newspapers here is?

Very low. That together with their investigative journalism are other indications it may not be true at all.

• Like 1

Taunt a group and expect the group to respond unless you are a total cretin.

see they don't like us they just want to beat us up...

My God. 80% of the people who post on this thread are so borring. It's like a train wreck. Got to slow down to see the carnage and then listen to the ridiculous speculations of what happened by people who have no real idea what they are talking about because they make up their own version of the events.To the smart asses who think they have a witty response to my comment,save it,because I have unsubscribed to this thread that is getting out of hand. Good Night

i bet u'll still sneak back for a peek tho lolol

My God. 80% of the people who post on this thread are so borring. It's like a train wreck. Got to slow down to see the carnage and then listen to the ridiculous speculations of what happened by people who have no real idea what they are talking about because they make up their own version of the events.To the smart asses who think they have a witty response to my comment,save it,because I have unsubscribed to this thread that is getting out of hand. Good Night

Really though, bottom line is, I don't care what city in the world you are in:

Red light district

dark alley

1AM

single female

adds up to danger

Should have never happened in the first place.

19yrs old

In Thailand

Pregnant

Out at 1am

Taking shortcut through alley

Asking directions from ladyboys

Must have stupid written on her forehead.

But did it happen at all?

She stated she used the alley as a shortcut but had to ask for directions because she was not sure where she was at. After attack she hightailed it out of there back to the hotel. Hmm, she suddenly realized where the hotel was? I smell a rat..................................

Note, it is still not excuse for the attack if it did happen.