Pregnant Aussie Teenager Beaten, Robbed In Phuket Ladyboy Attack

webfact

I am a 'Cold Case' Detective in the Police. I read a lot of statements and try to get to the truth. sometimes I read things and somethings just jumps out at me. I know Patong and having read this article I have to say that my gut instinct is that this just didn't happen. I would love the opportunity to interview this 'alleged' victim!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 'Cold Case' Detective in the Police. I read a lot of statements and try to get to the truth. sometimes I read things and somethings just jumps out at me. I know Patong and having read this article I have to say that my gut instinct is that this just didn't happen. I would love the opportunity to interview this 'alleged' victim!!

Please share with us.

But try to instil a sense of compassion for the victim.

Just out of interest, were you there?

• Like 1

glad to hear the baby is alright but....

1. why go out at one in the morning into a dark alley in patong beach?

2. why wasn't the boyfriend with her?

when you're five months pregnant...

1 she did not go out at 1 am she was returning to the hotel

2 they are not chained together and pregnancy is not an illness ,in pregnancy your capable of working too,& walking is good excercise

sounds like you are trying to justify an unprovoked attack on a innocent victim , 10-12 years ago this sort of attack on a tourist would be very rare anywhere in thailand, unfortunatelly its becoming common..................its not the safe place for tourists that it used to be

• Like 1

and driving round in jam sandwiches does'nt help you to be streetwise,....especially in thailand , why would a pregnant woman want this hasle , her concern {unless shes nuts} will be for her unborn .

...and kicking my belly.

What is it with Thais in kicking/hitting females in the stomach. You see it on Thai soap operas all the time.

Kicking gives one a better 'distance' than hitting. Far less chance of being hit back.

Plus all Thais are Kungfu experts according to the soap operas. But even in the soap operas it's common to see the bad guys "punch" (not kick) the female in the stomach.

when the judge asked me why i always beat my wife i replied '' its probably my wieght advantage,superior footwork and longer reach "

So many perverse posts by disfunctional rubes with their nostrils open for pretending same sex isn't.

Bottom line: pregnant young lady beaten by a gang of four men disguised as if anybody would believe they aren't men.

Except it makes no sense.

Its incredibly rare for anyone to be attacked with no underlying motive.

The underlying motive might simply be they wanted money?

sure it was,......thais are'nt they ?

i hate to be cynical but something about this smells - what the ladyboys did was horrendous and reprehensible and by no way am i an advocate of the "going out dressed like that, asking for it" school but 1am, down an alley, 5 months pregnant, in a foreign place, bf back at the room? i'd bet dollars to donuts there's another shoe to fall.

i know of a lad, sends his pregnant gf out to buy the mary-jane as less likelihood of her being stopped - jus' sayin'

anyhoo glad the kid is ok, shame Phuket is trending for all the wrong reasons lately

+1

are you suggesting she deserved this cos she MAY have been looking for a bit of draw ???..... let he who is without sin.........

....true....BUT.......

there is no reason in this world to beat up a pregnant woman.....visibly pregnant(5 months)....

no f.....g reason at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the story true??

i hate to be cynical but something about this smells - what the ladyboys did was horrendous and reprehensible and by no way am i an advocate of the "going out dressed like that, asking for it" school but 1am, down an alley, 5 months pregnant, in a foreign place, bf back at the room? i'd bet dollars to donuts there's another shoe to fall.

i know of a lad, sends his pregnant gf out to buy the mary-jane as less likelihood of her being stopped - jus' sayin'

anyhoo glad the kid is ok, shame Phuket is trending for all the wrong reasons lately

+1

are you suggesting she deserved this cos she MAY have been looking for a bit of draw ???..... let he who is without sin.........

No on is suggesting she deserves any such thing or that she was out for draw. What I'm saying is the article appears incomplete and I think more will follow or as it involves a tourist we'll never know the full story.

As for those saying she should be allowed to walk around at 1am without being physically assaulted, I concur on that also, however in 2012 whatever we believe should be a basic human right, belief has effectively been disproved as a useful shield from attack. Please jump down from the high horse, it's ok to be indignant but don't let it get in the way of the fact that everyone should take precautions when out late at night, a small woman moreso and a pregnant woman is responsible for 2 lives.

As I have stated the attack makes my blood boil and I don't subscribe to blaming the victim, I'm not sure why your question of deserved blame is being asked?

Bottom line: The Thai Authorities or what passes for them DO NOT GIVE A SHIT! If the Thais want us out they should say so and they can watch their country go back to being a third world nation. This whole matter is obscene and the politicians should be called out to be held accountable.

This is what the police do all over the world. It's not just Thailand. If there was no serious injury or murder to a tourist, the police will file the case away and that happens everywhere, not just Thailand. THe police will not spend a great deal of manpower investigating a case when the victim will be leaving the country shortly. Will the victim return to testify in court? Unlikely. THe police in London, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Seoul, Sydney, etc would not investigate this case either if it concerned the simple assault of a tourist from out of the country.

Bottom line: The Thai Authorities or what passes for them DO NOT GIVE A SHIT! If the Thais want us out they should say so and they can watch their country go back to being a third world nation. This whole matter is obscene and the politicians should be called out to be held accountable.

This is what the police do all over the world. It's not just Thailand. If there was no serious injury or murder to a tourist, the police will file the case away and that happens everywhere, not just Thailand. THe police will not spend a great deal of manpower investigating a case when the victim will be leaving the country shortly. Will the victim return to testify in court? Unlikely. THe police in London, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Seoul, Sydney, etc would not investigate this case either if it concerned the simple assault of a tourist from out of the country.

You are wrong I have never just filled a case away.

You are wrong I have never just filled a case away.

So, because you never filed a case away, that is representative of the Police world wide? You honestly don't think that police in every country don't file cases away that involve tourists?

I think it's time to call the Posse Round up them coyotes dress as sheep and give em a good ole western hang em highcowboy.gif

Yes....what a great idea...................and after that lets continue with.....mmmm.....let say all Aussies because of the disgusting action from bogans dry.png ?!?!

Something just doesn''t add up, particularly, the geography.

There are no "alleys" near the Tai Pan. Basically Tai Pan sits at the top of Bangla and it is a T intersection. This is one of the busiest intersections in Patong. On one side is soi Sansabai and is the side street of the Jungceylon shopping center, On the other side, some ways down towards the bank are the C&N hotel and a few low end guest houses off a side street from Rat U. That side street could be considered an "alley" for some, but it has alot of vendors and a couple bars. It's hardly deserted, at 1 Am.

Here's a blown up map. I am neither advertising for, nor linking the guesthouse here. It's just that they have the best map to illustrate.

I've walked Rat U so many times, and its always busy, whether it is 1 Am or even 3 Am. The only place where it can get sketchy are in the walkways that lead to the Paradise Hotel and the Paradise 'entertainment zone". I've often cut through to the Paradise hotel which is one of the largest hotels in Patong and there are always people around. Some details might be missing.

map.jpg

There are no "alleys" near the Tai Pan. Basically Tai Pan sits at the top of Bangla and it is a T intersection. This is one of the busiest intersections in Patong. On one side is soi Sansabai and is the side street of the Jungceylon shopping center, On the other side, some ways down towards the bank are the C&N hotel and a few low end guest houses off a side street from Rat U. That side street could be considered an "alley" for some, but it has alot of vendors and a couple bars. It's hardly deserted, at 1 Am.

Here's a blown up map. I am neither advertising for, nor linking the guesthouse here. It's just that they have the best map to illustrate.

I've walked Rat U so many times, and its always busy, whether it is 1 Am or even 3 Am. The only place where it can get sketchy are in the walkways that lead to the Paradise Hotel and the Paradise 'entertainment zone". I've often cut through to the Paradise hotel which is one of the largest hotels in Patong and there are always people around. Some details might be missing.

Google map shows several "alleys" off Bangla going towards Jang Resort.

First it was the taxi drivers, then the tuktuks, then the jet ski mafia, now it appears to be the ladyboys. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before the staff in your hotel assault you for soiling the clean sheets.

The whole dump wants shoving in the ocean along with the rats that live there.

First it was the taxi drivers, then the tuktuks, then the jet ski mafia, now it appears to be the ladyboys. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before the staff in your hotel assault you for soiling the clean sheets.

The whole dump wants shoving in the ocean along with the rats that live there.

I am curious, with all the complaining, do any of the people complaining keep going back to Phuket? If so, why? Or, if you live there, why not move if it's so bad?

I live a long way from any tourist area and don't seem to have near the problems expats face in tourist areas. A lot of posts about how the Thai's hate us. When I am in the UK, the Brits complain about the foreigners, in the USA, it's the same. Same in Canada, Korea, and other places I have lived. Stay out of the farang tourist areas and it's a completely different Thailand. Tourist areas all over the world attract the criminal element. It's not just Thailand. When I was in Amsterdam a few years back, I never ran into so many scammers in my life.

• Like 2

....true....BUT.......

there is no reason in this world to beat up a pregnant woman.....visibly pregnant(5 months)....

....true....BUT.......

Yes I was wondering when the implied 'Well she was just asking for it' posts to arrive.

True, this won't be the last attack to tourist, the Hotel must post warnings about travel alone at night, some very easy basic Mua Thai defensive moves for ladies... best place to post this is in elevator or ladies bathroom. Also leave valuables in Hotel safe, one where you have a double key to open safe, and the security boxes are in full view of CCTV.

Learn Mua Thai basics for ladies ... a 1/2 days training would be with you any where in the world!!!...here in Pattaya, FairTex Sports club offers defensive training for European women, I see novelist women gain confidence and know this is the best insurance for defence and opens doors for further physical conditioning, this would inspire a NEW opportunity for Thai's to seek employment in the tourist industry.

kidding??? 1/2 day and pregnant teen could wallop 4 men in a dark alley? does FT Sports Club know you're making them look foolish? or do you own it?

It's some greedy git just thinking of his business and not the welfare of his customers.

That's not near Taipan. It is on the other side of the street, on the other side of Jungceylon. The report clearly says it occurred in proximity to Taipan near Bangla.

Besides, that is an actual soi and it's busy. The tuk tuks park around there as well. The kathoeys don't hang around that side of the street. They are towards the Paradise complex, and there is inded a gang of nasties, including the creature from the black lagoon as I call it. And that's being polite, as it weighs at least 200kg. None of these nasties is a day under 40 which doesn't match the description given.

As an aside, when is the last time there was a fight when a crowd didn't gather? In Patong, when something happens, you can be sure that a scrum develops, no matter the hour, especially near Taipan. And yet, there was no crowd. The area is packed with bars and has high pedestrian traffic.

As I said before, the details do not seem complete.

That's not near Taipan. It is on the other side of the street, on the other side of Jungceylon. The report clearly says it occurred in proximity to Taipan near Bangla.

Besides, that is an actual soi and it's busy. The tuk tuks park around there as well. The kathoeys don't hang around that side of the street. They are towards the Paradise complex, and there is inded a gang of nasties, including the creature from the black lagoon as I call it. And that's being polite, as it weighs at least 200kg. None of these nasties is a day under 40 which doesn't match the description given.

As an aside, when is the last time there was a fight when a crowd didn't gather? In Patong, when something happens, you can be sure that a scrum develops, no matter the hour, especially near Taipan. And yet, there was no crowd. The area is packed with bars and has high pedestrian traffic.

As I said before, the details do not seem complete.

The OP says there were people and they did not help her. You have not seen a katoy with the jaw as described? An earlier poster has calimed to have.

Edited by blows

And all this because 1 person, a 19 year old, claims something has happened. No mention of it elsewhere, not even in the most sensational of news websites we have.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1