Thai Girls Angling For Rich Farangs... Bo-O--O-Oring!

isanbirder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:9 There is - There is nothing in the world but a continued and tiresome repetition of the same things. The nature and course of the beings and affairs of the world, and the tempers of men, are the same that they ever were and shall ever be; and therefore, because no man ever yet received satisfaction from worldly things, it is vain for any person hereafter to expect it. No new thing - In the nature of things, which might give us hopes of attaining that satisfaction which hitherto things have not afforded.

http://wes.biblecommenter.com/ecclesiastes/1.htm

yer fulla shit...I just finished a re-read of P&P and the passion between Elizabeth and Mr Darcy is unique and genuine...he can't live without her and I agree...

the love of my life useta punctuate our passion with 'oh, you bastard...'...implied in P&P but never allowed in Jane Austen's world...

an'...you wanna bring in Sophocles and them other incestuous perverts into the discussion?...you defile a pre-victorian tradition...(although I haveta admit that Antigone and the bit with her and her dead brother's corpse was a bit sexy...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

yer fulla shit...I just finished a re-read of P&P and the passion between Elizabeth and Mr Darcy is unique and genuine...he can't live without her and I agree...

the love of my life useta punctuate our passion with 'oh, you bastard...'...implied in P&P but never allowed in Jane Austen's world...

Hmmmm, will have to think about that one. cowboy.gif

Of course the passion can be genuine (as it is between Elizabeth and Mr Darcy), but the preliminary manoeuvres are the same.

Edited by isanbirder

1:9 There is - There is nothing in the world but a continued and tiresome repetition of the same things. The nature and course of the beings and affairs of the world, and the tempers of men, are the same that they ever were and shall ever be; and therefore, because no man ever yet received satisfaction from worldly things, it is vain for any person hereafter to expect it. No new thing - In the nature of things, which might give us hopes of attaining that satisfaction which hitherto things have not afforded.

http://wes.biblecomm...lesiastes/1.htm

Well, I could have gone back to Penelope and the suitors in the Odyssey, which is the same thing in reverse (and rather earlier than Ecclesiastes).

Of course the passion can be genuine (as it is between Elizabeth and Mr Darcy), but the preliminary manoeuvres are the same.

<deleted>?...what about character development and the usual flourishes?...insane...

transam, yew got to get yer mind out of the gutter or outta the back seat of yer muscle car as the case may be...we's genteel folks over here...

as a matter of fack, there are a lot of salon balls with dancing in P&P and plenty of room fer you to get one of the girls drunk and take her out to the parking lot...'oh, he's a rake and rambling boy and there's many a city that he did enjoy'...in his Pontiac...perfect Jane Austen material...

you OK, transam and I'm just jivin' and don't mean to offend...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

When my gf and myself were out an an island NP, we were on a boat with some cruddy looking Italian guy with broken yellow teeth and his "Thai girlfriend" - a plain looking lump of a woman that could not stop banging on to my gf about what the guy was going to do for her and buy for her (a house!). After the third day of running into her, my gf just told me we have to avoid her at all costs - she was a bad person.

From Kon Kaen - No doubt a bargirl in a former life but she did not look or act that harsh, either way - certainly still just as mercenary.

The hand never closes - not enough!

Edited by bangkokburning

When my gf and myself were out an an island NP, we were on a boat with some cruddy looking Italian guy with broken yellow teeth and his "Thai girlfriend" - a plain looking lump of a woman that could not stop banging on to my gf about what the guy was going to do for her and buy for her (a house!). After the third day of running into her, my gf just told me we have to avoid her at all costs - she was a bad person.

From Kon Kaen - No doubt a bargirl in a former life but she did not look or act that harsh, either way - certainly still just as mercenary.

The hand never closes - not enough!

editor: comprehensive revision is required; 'cruddy looking' can imply a range of disreputable appearances...'bar girl' in a Thailand context is trite...

however, the narrative is promising and the writer is to be encouraged...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

transam, yew got to get yer mind out of the gutter or outta the back seat of yer muscle car as the case may be...we's genteel folks over here...

as a matter of fack, there are a lot of salon balls with dancing in P&P and plenty of room fer you to get one of the girls drunk and take her out to the parking lot...'oh, he's a rake and rambling boy and there's many a city that he did enjoy'...in his Pontiac...perfect Jane Austen material...

you OK, transam and I'm just jivin' and don't mean to offend...

No probs, always willing to learn and yes, learn something every day. Some good, some not good. drunk.gif

I really don't understand why someone should bother writing a post about his own bad choices, and believe that anyone should care?

"I find the stories under general topics in Thaivisa boaring, but I continue to log in and read them... "

Yes, nothing new under the sun, but nevertheless still enjoyable reading, just like Jane Austens novels.

I really don't understand why someone should bother writing a post about his own bad choices, and believe that anyone should care?

"I find the stories under general topics in Thaivisa boaring, but I continue to log in and read them... "

Yes, nothing new under the sun, but nevertheless still enjoyable reading, just like Jane Austens novels.

Yep, and thats what the forum is about. Same as reading a news paper, read it or rubbish it giggle.gif , BUT, here it cost you nothing and you didn't have to buy a paper you cannot read, annnnnnnnd it might someday help you out.

Tell me....in which country in the world, do women not go angling for wealthy men?

However I do agree with the OP that some subjects are done to death here.

Maybe we should have a done to death forum.

Perhaps we are all not as obviously intelligent as you. Me for one. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

literature is a recycling of lifes all to limited number of plots.

wasnt madame bovary the story or a bargirl gone bad?

oh yeah?...I believe that M. Flaubert would have something to say about that; yeah Emma was a bit low class but we're talkin' provincial France and so what?...a more wanton woman without scruples is certainly Anna Karenina; high class, scandalous and not caring...and they both caused damage...

with regard to the rest, I don't think that I have heard a story like Raskolnikov's anywhere...but, I don't get out much...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

This is a very simple thing. Why would any reasonably attractive intelligent woman want to find and marry a poor bum? That would make them stupid and a reasonably attractive man wouldn't want to marry a stupid woman.

This is a very simple thing. Why would any reasonably attractive intelligent woman want to find and marry a poor bum? That would make them stupid and a reasonably attractive man wouldn't want to marry a stupid woman.

Love is a very strange thing. If you have or can experience it you will understand. I have. jap.gif

• Like 2