Thai Girls Angling For Rich Farangs... Bo-O--O-Oring!

isanbirder

Tell me....in which country in the world, do women not go angling for wealthy men?

However I do agree with the OP that some subjects are done to death here.

Maybe we should have a done to death forum.

Tell me....in which country in the world, do women not go angling for wealthy men?

Yeah, and I'm getting bored to death with the 'Western women are all as greedy as Thai bar tarts'. If I had 100 baht for every time I've heard 'My wife back 'ome took me for everthin' I 'ad', whilst his new Thai tee ruk smiles simperingly on plotting to divest her latest ATM of everything he has left.

"If I had 100 baht for every ... " - then your tirak would be a happy lady!

"If I had 100 baht for every..." my wife would take it off me and fritter it away on school fees or some such

SC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ianforbes is our resident expert on taking Thai girls angling.

SC

in P&P Elizabeth scorned Darcy's wealth (he owned 'half of Derbyshire') until she was convinced that his love was true and she had every reason to believe that it was not...then, he repaired to her lodgings in Bakewell (cute place, I been there meself, nice baked tarts and cream teas, drove up in me 1985 Skoda from Derby) during her inadvertent tour of his estate to mutely declare his love and she, being a prescient woman, finally understood...and, then happily forever after...

bah! I want violence, retribution and enduring hatred...madness and grand estates burning to the ground...otherwise, P&P is very entertaining...the Bronte sisters were a few years later...

Then you need..........

http://en.wikipedia....hang_Khun_Phaen

alright, alright...the next thing is that yer gonna tell us that you read it in the original 18th century thai script...

but, seriously, I'll haveta look into it as I love asian storytelling...just seen it in film and never read any...Ozu's Tokyo Story is a common theme and has been told many times...so why is it that I am reduced to a blubbering lump every time I watch it?

Women 'want rich husbands, not careers': New survey claims drive for gender equality is a myth

http://www.dailymail...ds-careers.html

From the article:

"It has become impossible to say, “I wouldn’t mind being a housewife," she said.

"It is so politically incorrect that a lot of women don’t want to admit it."

It's a shame that this is the case in the west anymore. I'm glad in Thailand, women still have choices.

Yeah, and I'm getting bored to death with the 'Western women are all as greedy as Thai bar tarts'. If I had 100 baht for every time I've heard 'My wife back 'ome took me for everthin' I 'ad', whilst his new Thai tee ruk smiles simperingly on plotting to divest her latest ATM of everything he has left.

Touched a nerve have we???

Fairy tales come in all shapes and sizes but are easily spotted. At times like this they used to say smell the coffee and put on the trousers with long deep pockets and hope your arms are short, lock your heart and wallet up and get your head out of stand by.

"If I had 100 baht for every ... " - then your tirak would be a happy lady!

"If I had 100 baht for every..." my wife would take it off me and fritter it away on school fees or some such

SC

Now only if i could earn 100 baht for each of my GFs friends who constantly ask me to line them up with a rich farang mate...id be...

well, i wouldnt have to consider working as an English teacher thats for sure...

trouble is finding a rich farang whoose not already married to a thai/chinese,uni grad, great job, rich family.... jap.gif

I think you should have left off the last 3 paragraphs, let the thread get to boiling point then drop that little number in. Would have been much funnier.

Great insight. Where is the laughter button when you need it.

Not really. It was obvious the OP was not talking about a recent event in the UK and there was a 'punchline' coming up.

Admittedly though, I didn't immediately recognise the 19th century novel Pride and Prejudice.

Edit - probably because, as a previous poster pointed out, the heroine didn't marry for money and initially loathed the incredibly wealthy (but socially inept) hero.

Edited by F1fanatic

Fairy tales come in all shapes and sizes but are easily spotted. At times like this they used to say smell the coffee and put on the trousers with long deep pockets and hope your arms are short, lock your heart and wallet up and get your head out of stand by.

Yes.

I think you should have left off the last 3 paragraphs, let the thread get to boiling point then drop that little number in. Would have been much funnier.

Great insight. Where is the laughter button when you need it.

Not really. It was obvious the OP was not talking about a recent event in the UK and there was a 'punchline' coming up.

Admittedly though, I didn't immediately recognise the 19th century novel Pride and Prejudice.

Edit - probably because, as a previous poster pointed out, the heroine didn't marry for money and initially loathed the incredibly wealthy (but socially inept) hero.

I thought of Draftvader's suggestion, but discarded it because I thought the story was too well-known, and it would probably just bomb. The parallel, while obvious, wasn't close enough in detail. As it is, the thread has chugged along without getting acrimonious which, these days, is an achievement in itself.

Happy reading, guys!