Annual Non-Immigrant "O" "Renewal"

I want to know if I can do my paperwork for my non Im "O" (financial statement and other paper work) annual "retirement" visa. this will be my eighth time I I think I remeber hearing something like it couldn't be done more than 30 days before old one expires. Is that true? thanks for any help.FF

Thanks beechguy and JohnC I am at Prachuap Khiri Khan in Hua hin and they are pretty straight forward even after a few uniformed folks tried to come in from Pattaya years ago and start to try to get bribes and all that nasty stuff. So now we are still doing busdiness as normal and I will try to speak to them this week but if others have done it 60 days early i think it should be no problem. Don;t need to do it til end of May but want to make plans in advance and maybe see Carlos Santana in Vegas in June and tickets go on sale on the 27th. thanks Again Figurring on Fords Forever

I have a almost identical question:

I travel in and out of Thailand every 3 weeks to work abroad, I went to the immigration in Chiang Mai to do a first time renewal of my O visa in September 2011 one month before it expired but 3 weeks before I had to leave Thailand to work abroad.

All paperwork was ready, bank statement with money in the bank for more than 3 months, pictures of my wife and I together etc. everything was by the book, however they did not extend my O visa due to the fact that I was staying LESS than 30 days in Thailand, this is a requirement they said - to verify my address.

I eventually went out of Thailand, passed trough Singapore on the way back where they issued me a new O visa in just 24 hours

When they need 24h in Singapore, why do they need 30 days in Chiang Mai?

Do you really have to stay home for 30 days to extend your O visa in Thailand? - it doesn't make sense to me.

In Singapore you obtained a visa for 90 day entry - in Chiang Mai you were asking for a one year extension of stay from Immigration - entirely different things. For Thai wife one year extension of stay there is a 30 day under review period anywhere in Thailand.

In Singapore you obtained a visa for 90 day entry - in Chiang Mai you were asking for a one year extension of stay from Immigration - entirely different things. For Thai wife one year extension of stay there is a 30 day under review period anywhere in Thailand.

I obtained a one year multi entry "O" visa in Singapore - it was not a extention correct, it was a new visa.

Any idea how I can get around this 30 day rule?

Do have to travel out of Thailand every 3 weeks to work. - I see my only option lying to the immigration telling I'll stay in Thailand than hope they extend my visa before i leave!!

I rather tell the truth, but in this case the truth will not work or?

You are better using mutl entry with foreign employment as stays up to 90 days is likely all you will need and no need to obtain re-entry permit (extra 3,800 baht cost) and spend extra time at immigration on each entry to reset day stamp to your old extension of stay date.

I am a little confused here. I have a non immigrant O visa issued at Hull in the UK and was under the impression that i would have to go back to the UK to get another 1 year non immigrant 0 visa when it expires....can i remain in thailand and renew it by providing proof of funds and address?......can somebody please point out my options

On what basis do you have such a visa? If Thai wife or child there are specific extension of stay critera you must meet to stay in Thailand one year at a time. You can not obtain a non immigrant O visa in Hull currently that you can not obtain elsewhere so there would not be a need to return to UK.

I am a little confused here. I have a non immigrant O visa issued at Hull in the UK and was under the impression that i would have to go back to the UK to get another 1 year non immigrant 0 visa when it expires....can i remain in thailand and renew it by providing proof of funds and address?......can somebody please point out my options

Yes, you are defenetly able to stay in Thailand, you will need to show 400.000 THB in a Thai Bank account for at least 3 months, you need a statement from your Thai bank about the funds on your account, you need proof of address - someone will come to our address to see if you are actually living there. You need to show connections with your wife pictures etc.

Full requrements are found here:

http://www.immigration.go.th

But you DO NOT have to travel back to UK, in worst case you can travel to Singapore with the documents and get a new "o" visa

I think you are over 50 years of age.

You can apply for a 12 month extension in Thailand providing you have either 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank. OR 65,000 Baht a month income OR a combination of the two.

If you have a Thai Wife you can extend with 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 a month salary.

i am over 50 which is how i got the non immigrant O visa

will a bank statement from the UK with funds showing be sufficient to renew the visa here ?...i has to show i had £10,000 (500,000 baht)

i am not married but have been living at the same address for two years with a thai lady

will a bank statement from the UK with funds showing be sufficient to renew the visa here ?...i has to show i had £10,000 (500,000 baht)

i am not married but have been living at the same address for two years with a thai lady

You will need to show 800K THB in a Thai account, or 65K monthly income from anywhere.

You will need to show 800K THB in a Thai account, or 65K monthly income from anywhere.

so its the same rule as for a retirement visa?.......then whats the point of getting a non imm O when u can just get a retirement visa and not have to leave the country every 3 months........the first year i got a non immigrant from Hull 2010 they didnt ask fo any proof of monies

You have had a Non Imm O Visa.

You can now apply for a 12 Month Extension of Stay (not a visa)

You will need to report to Immigration after every 90 days of continuous stay in the country.

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

so its the same rule as for a retirement visa?.......then whats the point of getting a non imm O when u can just get a retirement visa and not have to leave the country every 3 months........the first year i got a non immigrant from Hull 2010 they didnt ask fo any proof of monies

Non immigrant "O" is a marriage visa and the Non immigrant "O-A" is a retirement visa - they might be classified both as "O" but then I can't see any difference in retirement and "O"

I might be missing something out here ??

If the OP is entering only 3 weeks at a time, if he's from the UK (Hull is mentioned), he doesn't need a visa and can simply do the 30 day entry stamps (which are free).

If he gets his driving licence while he's got the visa for now, and has opened a bank account already (which, along with eligibility for PR is the main things where having a visa makes it possible/easier), then the only downside would be ineligibility for PR in a few years.

Alternatively, assuming the job is oil-related, he could talk to his back-to-back, and see about maybe doing a longer stint at home for the extension when required in return for a longer stint when the back-to-back goes on holiday, etc.

In the local area suspect most Consulates will not provide multi entry non immigrant O visa for just being over age 50 as easily as those in home country as a single entry is all that is required to start immigration extension of stay process inside Thailand.