Red Shirts Stage Anti-Coup Rally In Khao Yai

Lite Beer

Lungmi, #42

But I scare they don't know for what they fight.

Don't worry Lungmi, they know exactly what they are fighting for.

Don't believe the Opposititonal mantra that these people are stupid, and Oppositional people are smart.

Who is sitting on the political sidelines?

That should put their arrogance to rest.

Edited by CalgaryII

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blows, #48

So you are admitting he was already deposed, which he would be since he was no longer in office legally. Who better to remove a political dictator than the military sworn to uphold the law.

Coups are very uncomfortable for coupists to defend when subsequent electoral realities demonstrate how far off-base they were.

That alleged political dictator won the next election........Oops!

A little historical torturing will help a coup seem not be a coup.

And using legalities to provide cover for criminalizing someone who keeps kicking-ass in elections, seems to work.

So you think the Opposition running to the judges is a coincidence, and yet another indication that everyone but them, is unlawful in their conduct..

Think again.

Edited by CalgaryII

Theses thugs and the TV apologists have nothing better to do "literally NOTHING BETTER TO DO. even though they have their Drunken Thug Buddy terrorists in government

Have you never attended a rally for something you believe in?

Maybe some are there just for the music, but I can imagine that the people attend because they believe in having a voice and chose to participate.

Thida said it was the first red-shirt rally since she officially took the position of chairperson, so she would announce proactive fighting plans for the group over the next two years.

Fighting plans. Let me think. Would this include molotov cocktails, AK47, RPG, splashing blood on people's residence that don't support them, random illegal roadblocks stopping and searching vehicles, invading hospitals, burning shopping centers and city halls, burning city buses, parking an LPG tanker truck in a residential area threatening to blow it up? I guess we will just have to wait and see what the official chairperson comes up with.

<snip>

The last election totally validated their reasons for protesting. They knew they were the electoral majority being deprived of governance by an electoral minority.

<snip>

Yes a 53% majority... Is that a total validation?

Yup!

This country is rapidly becoming like a communist state. Where all are created equal but some are more equal than others.

Very sad that most of these red supporters can't see the bigger picture Toxsin has in store for them.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Denigrating this mainstream Political Movement who elected the previous Govt. as being short of political acumen, is not right.

For the minority to try and deny them political space backfires totally.

Who is on the political sideline?

Coming off their arrogant contemptuous political highorse and becoming politically inclusive, would serve their self-righteous interests much better.

But this seems to be beyond them, and on the sidelines they remain.

Can you imagine the furor would have been created if Oppositional elements had been able to muster a gathering of this size?

The coupists would be demanding their armed element to deliver the country to them.......again.

I take it you are a die hard red shirt supporter then? I also take it nothing we can say, no matter how fair minded, will stop you from promoting one side unconditionally, whilst labelling everyone else coupists? Everyone has a right to there own beliefs. However an intelligent and fair minded person can also stand up and admit that his side are not perfect. I can, can you?

The difference is I am right, you are wrong.........Hey, I'm just joking.

I just enjoy providing insight into the other side.

I am very familar with the side opposite from UDD/Red Shirts, due to the Domestic, English Language media.

Generally speaking, Farangs have little understanding of the Red Shirt/UDD Movement, other then characterization the English Language domestic media provides them.

And I always want to emphasise, that us Farangs are nuthin"

I don't purport to support any side, just sympathise with one side.

The fact we are inconsequential is fine with me.

But I reserve the right to spout off as all political junkies do.

And I lay no claim to nuetrality. Being nuetral is chicken-shit.

Edited by CalgaryII

The rest of Thailand should vote, organize, and participate in Democracy. This is what the red shirts have done and are doing.

More of the same "reds = democracy, rest of Thailand = not" nonsense.

And yet hardly a week goes by where the democratic credentials (or lack of) from Phua Thai are splashed all over the news. Today it's Chalerm and his love for a tipple while on the. Job.

Why do Red Shirt supporters fall for this style of brain-washing! It makes them look like a crowd of zombie's chanting the name of some god they worship...the God Thaksin.

That's because they think he walks on water. All about control and Thaksin is the master.

Edited by asiawatcher

Lungmi, #35

Thai people will kick out Thaksin, it will take more time.. PPT MP's already think about.

Kick him out? The way they did at the last election"

PPT MP's thinking about it?.......Saw no evidence of that during his phone-in to over 300,000 politically aware taxpayers last night.

MP's pay attention to such things, so don't expect too much "kicking out" for the moment, even should you be correct.

theNation wrote 10,000+, the other English language newspaper 30,000. Probably you were almost overcome by emotions thinking about the phone-in, explains the extra zero.

As for 'taxpayers', if that's income tax, those in attendance earn at least 180,000 to 227,000 THB / year. Where were the poor?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

The rest of Thailand should vote, organize, and participate in Democracy. This is what the red shirts have done and are doing.

More of the same "reds = democracy, rest of Thailand = not" nonsense.

And yet hardly a week goes by where the democratic credentials (or lack of) from Phua Thai are splashed all over the news. Today it's Chalerm and his love for a tipple while on the. Job.

You are the one who said the rest of Thailand is not, those are not my words. Also, I am referring to the millions of red shirts who participate in democracy, not the politicians they elect.

The red shirts are combination of many local groups. The closest concept from the west is to cal them a grass-roots social movement. It may not be exact and precise as a description, but it is close. A journalist, as far as I can tell not aligned with one side or the other, stated that the UDD consists of 400 different groups. I don't have the link at my fingertips, but at least numbers like that can be checked.

My comment was in reply to your statement "put up and shut up". Certainly seemed dished out with a small dose of sarcasm, but none the less, if I were the opposition, that would not be my approach.

I think the opposition, those who would otherwise put up and shut up, have 2 basic choices, fall back on extra-constitutional means of influence, or participate in democracy with a good strategy and compete on ideas and ideals.

Certainly both the PAD and the Democrats' supporters have their own set of ideals, and they believe in them strongly (particularly the PAD). Why could they not participate in the Thai democracy (such as it is) with equal enthusiasm? They can.

Of course there are powerful non-democratic interests in Thailand (and Dubai, I might add) : at least 2 are the military and the social elite. The latter includes Thaksin as well as his opponents.

I think that it is a mistake to view the UDD as Thaksin's pawns. They are dependent on each other, and they reinforce each other, ... clearly. But ask the question : if Thaksin had, let's say a stroke and fell over stone cold tomorrow in Dubai, would the red shirts disappear? I think the answer is "no".

So, "reds = democracy, rest of Thailand = not" is not my position, nor is it what I intended to say in the previous post.

Edited by tlansford

AleG, #57

If the Calgaryll, as UDD/PTP/Thaksin mouthpiece is any indication, is obvious that the movement has no idea of what Democracy entails. They are under Thaksin & Co. perception management spell, thoroughly isolated in their Red Bubble kept angry and scared so as to be more easily manipulated. Fomenting paranoia and divisions in society.

• Being sympathetic to one side of the Political Divide, does not a 'mouthpiece' make. Neither for you, or for me. (Well, I worry about you......just joking)
  • At least one thing they understand clearly, is that Coups are not Democracy, and standing up to coupists who were subsequently humbled electorally, is a thoroughly democratic action.......and by their works shall ye know them.
  • To relegate their political motives to singular and simplistic associations, is very disrespectful of these people. This Oppositional mantra will also keep the opposition in political purgatory. To be accused of politically not knowing your "ass from a hole in the ground" is not designed to win friends and influenec people. The majority electorate so accused have long memories and will act accordingly three years +/- from now.
  • Actually coups are well known for fomenting paranoia and divisions in society. One needs to look no further than Thailand for a demonstration of that.

Edited by CalgaryII

AleG, #57

If the Calgaryll, as UDD/PTP/Thaksin mouthpiece is any indication, is obvious that the movement has no idea of what Democracy entails. They are under Thaksin & Co. perception management spell, thoroughly isolated in their Red Bubble kept angry and scared so as to be more easily manipulated. Fomenting paranoia and divisions in society.
  • Being sympathetic to one side of the Political Divide, does not a 'mouthpiece' make. Neither for you, or for me. (Well, I worry about you......just joking)
  • At least one thing they understand clearly, is that Coups are not Democracy, and standing up to coupists who were subsequently humbled electorally, is a thoroughly democratic action.......and by their works shall ye know them.
  • To relegate their political motives to singular and simplistic associations, is very disrespectful of these people. This Oppositional mantra will also keep the opposition in political purgatory. To be accused of politically not knowing your "ass from a hole in the ground" is not designed to win friends and influenec people. The majority electorate so accused have long memories and will act accordingly three years +/- from now.
  • Actually coups are well known for fomenting paranoia and divisions in society. One needs to look no further than Thailand for a demonstration of that.

.... should read 'influence'..... If ONE is going to denigrate an inferior, then ONE really should learn how to spell. LMAO burp.gif Time to go and watch some football. All of this political rhetoric is making ONE feel decidedly nauseous what!

• Like 1

Blows, #55

The last election validated that the MAJORITY of the Thai people did NOT vote RED SHIRT.

But a Red Shirt Government. We wont quibble the details.

BTW, just learned that the local Obitaw was won by the Red Shirt candidate, replacing a Democrat Party guy.

The Democrat Party canvassed furiously, but to no avail.

They just need to clean up their act Nationally, which I don't know if they have the ability to do.

To continue characterizing these voters as dumb dolts, while glorifying their superiority, just ain't gonna do it.

And the tentacles spread.

Excellent!

Edited by CalgaryII

Lungmi, #35

Thai people will kick out Thaksin, it will take more time.. PPT MP's already think about.

PPT MP's thinking about it?.......Saw no evidence of that during his phone-in to over 300,000 politically aware taxpayers last night.

MP's pay attention to such things, so don't expect too much "kicking out" for the moment, even should you be correct.

theNation wrote 10,000+, the other English language newspaper 30,000. Probably you were almost overcome by emotions thinking about the phone-in, explains the extra zero.

As for 'taxpayers', if that's income tax, those in attendance earn at least 180,000 to 227,000 THB / year. Where were the poor?

Given that the vast majority were watching on TV and internet 300,000 is a conservative estimate. It was nice to hear another inspirational and visionary speech by the true leader of the country, soon may he return.

[The last election totally validated their reasons for protesting. They knew they were the electoral majority being deprived of governance by an electoral minority.]

The last election validated that the MAJORITY of the Thai people did NOT vote RED SHIRT.

The numbers I've seen say that about 17% of the Thai population identifies as being Red Shirt.

Which was amply on display in Khao Yai yesterday.

A friend and I estimated the crowd at about 300,000, as we were checking out its more "attractive features"

I am told that officially, it was estimated at closer to 500,000.

So what is 200,000 more or less.

Lungmi, #35

Given that the vast majority were watching on TV and internet 300,000 is a conservative estimate. It was nice to hear another inspirational and visionary speech by the true leader of the country, soon may he return.

Thank you for deeming my post worthy of a reply. I really appreciate that. It makes it difficult for me to disagree, but I feel a need to be clear in this.

Calgaryll gave 300,000 as a guestimate indicating "So how many people were at the Red Shirt event in Khao Yai, from which I returned home around 5:30 AM?" (post #34). So he was talking about the crowd present.

BTW it seems he has been told that officially the count was 500,000. Not sure who made that official, maybe an emergency decree passed by parliament?

Edited by rubl

[The last election totally validated their reasons for protesting. They knew they were the electoral majority being deprived of governance by an electoral minority.]

The numbers I've seen say that about 17% of the Thai population identifies as being Red Shirt.

A friend and I estimated the crowd at about 300,000, as we were checking out its more "attractive features"

More than 10,000 people had arrived at the venue before dusk. Police Major General Phanu Kerdlarpphol, head of Region 3 police, said 500 officers had been deployed for the concert

Must have been busy then some 490.000 more arriving after dusk.

Edited by janverbeem

Saw no evidence of that during his phone-in to over 300,000 politically aware taxpayers last night.

Please qualify how you know that the attendants where all taxpayers or in any shape and form more taxpayers than anyone opposing this gathering. Thank you.

Ratcatcher, #62

I'm not personally concerned with the politics but where in the name of Thaksin do 10,000+ people evacuate their bowels? That would require a convoy of porta potties surely.

There ya go.

10,000+

Only those of us who have attended these huge Red Shirt rallies over the years, are sensitized to this media ploy, to diminish Red Shirts.

The ploy is very consistent. They will give a report, purportedly recording observations at the beginning of an event, and will quote some irrelevant number. They will pretend to be there as these people start arriving, and state the believable number of 10,000 so far.

Such misinformation happens so regularly, one finally gets sensitized to it.

They just want to plant 10,000 in the readers mind, and avoid giving the true figure which their anti-Red Shirt stance wants to avoid.

It worked with this Poster, or maybe he is just agenizing, with a nonsensical question about toilet facilities.

Make that 300,000 to 500,000 and dont fall for the tricks of the trade.

"I'm not personally concerned with politics"....yeah right. I think it wasn't 20 minutes ago that I made note of the penchant for PADites first to claim nuetrality, before dumping all over the UDD/RS.

It is done so pervasively, That I wonder how they manage such uniformity.

It is part and parcel of the misleading mentality that is also motivated to create all these so-called independent protest groups, mostly populated by the same people.

Thanks for highlighting how you are handling facts and numbers. A quote to keep for the future.

I see the semi-employed purveyor of propaganda sound bites for the Thaksin cause

hasn't let up a bit.

If you agree with me you are honorable...

but can't think for yourself

if you don't agree with me you are dishonorable

by not believing the brainwashing.

The answer against the premise actually makes the argument stronger.

Epic Fail. The damned hampster hasn't taken the day.

Hmmmm.

Message vs. messenger?

Wot to do?

I see the semi-employed purveyor of propaganda sound bites for the Thaksin cause

hasn't let up a bit.

If you agree with me you are honorable...

but can't think for yourself

if you don't agree with me you are dishonorable

by not believing the brainwashing.

The answer against the premise actually makes the argument stronger.

Epic Fail. The damned hampster hasn't taken the day.

Hmmmm.

Message vs. messenger?

Wot to do?

I'm puzzled too. I even put the last line of the little poem through google translate, but it still didn't make any sense!happy.png

Edited by JAG