Is This Possible In Mbk?

idman

My wife really has her heart set on an Apple I-Phone 4. I am going to San Francisco at the end of March for a visit and can get a new phone there for only 12,000 Baht. The problem is my wife is not proficient enough in English to use this to it's fullest capabilities. We have been told that if we go to MBK, head up to the 4th floor there are shops there with people who can change the language to Thai on the phone, jailbreak and unlock the phone. Is this information correct or are they blowing smoke up my arse? She has told me that the prices here in Thailand are too expensive, a first I believe for a Thai wife or girlfriend and she does not want me to buy here one in Thailand. I want to surprsie her for her birthday so any information about this would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Just looked in my iPhone settings in keyboard settings and Thai is an option on there, so no need for jail breaking etc....if anyone sends her a txt or email in Thai that is how it will be displayed too, so I think you could just go ahead and buy without having to get anyone to do anything to it. Good this helps?

Edited by CaitlinHappyMeal

Just looked in my iPhone settings in keyboard settings and Thai is an option on there, so no need for jail breaking etc....if anyone sends her a txt or email in Thai that is how it will be displayed too, so I think you could just go ahead and buy without having to get anyone to do anything to it. Good this helps?

You are correct. Go to setting> general> international> language. There is a setting for Thai written in Thai. You can also change the keyboard to Thai or have two keyboards, one Thai and the other English. I left my wife's iPad in the English language setting, but added a Thai keyboard. She has no problem using it everyday. And if there's a problem I can fix it really easily! All Apple devices are international, so are their computers. Many languages are built into the OS, that's why they are very popular in many countries. You will need to jail break it if you buy it from AT&T. I would suggest buying an unlocked phone from Apple through their online store. http://store.apple.c...phone/iphone4s? Click on a phone, then on the bottom where it says unlocked phone. But it looks as though they only sell the 4S now and it starts at $649. You have more options at the Apple Store online in Thailand than the US store. See; http://store.apple.com/th/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone They have the 3, 4 and 4S.

Edited by Jimi007

Changing the language settings from English to Thai is simple; changing back can be bear if you don't read Thai or don't remember where all the icons are.

Pay the THB 500 at MBK to unlock the phone. I've done the unlock by myself before, and it's worth paying the money to have them do it, unless you just like doing those kind of things.

You are correct. Go to setting> general> international> language. There is a setting for Thai written in Thai. You can also change the keyboard to Thai or have two keyboards, one Thai and the other English. I left my wife's iPad in the English language setting, but added a Thai keyboard. She has no problem using it everyday. And if there's a problem I can fix it really easily! All Apple devices are international, so are their computers. Many languages are built into the OS, that's why they are very popular in many countries. You will need to jail break it if you buy it from AT&T. I would suggest buying an unlocked phone from Apple through their online store. http://store.apple.c...phone/iphone4s? Click on a phone, then on the bottom where it says unlocked phone. But it looks as though they only sell the 4S now and it starts at $649. You have more options at the Apple Store online in Thailand than the US store. See; http://store.apple.c...e/family/iphone They have the 3, 4 and 4S.

And you get a warranty that’s good in Thailand...

You are correct. Go to setting> general> international> language. There is a setting for Thai written in Thai. You can also change the keyboard to Thai or have two keyboards, one Thai and the other English. I left my wife's iPad in the English language setting, but added a Thai keyboard. She has no problem using it everyday. And if there's a problem I can fix it really easily! All Apple devices are international, so are their computers. Many languages are built into the OS, that's why they are very popular in many countries. You will need to jail break it if you buy it from AT&T. I would suggest buying an unlocked phone from Apple through their online store. http://store.apple.c...phone/iphone4s? Click on a phone, then on the bottom where it says unlocked phone. But it looks as though they only sell the 4S now and it starts at $649. You have more options at the Apple Store online in Thailand than the US store. See; http://store.apple.c...e/family/iphone They have the 3, 4 and 4S.

And you get a warranty that’s good in Thailand...

I bought the factory unlocked for my thai wife and she loves it. Has it in thai to. If you wait till they come out with the 5 you may get an unlocked 4 for a bit cheaper than they are now.