Memory Card Unreadable

Wes Turner

The 128 bit memory card I keep for business use was recently stored in an envelope for a number of weeks before being removed for use again recently.

The screen on the camera informed me that it was unable to read the card.

It's not a metter of life or death if the photos are irritrievable but it would save a bit of hassle if it was possible to get them back.

Is the memory card permanently busted or can this issue be resolved by a visit to my local Kodak shop?

There is no dirt visible whatsoever on in the contact holes but I don't want to pay for it to be looked at if nothing can be done.

Thanks in adv

WT

The 128 bit memory card I keep for business use was recently stored in an envelope for a number of weeks before being removed for use again recently.

The screen on the camera informed me that it was unable to read the card.

It's not a metter of life or death if the photos are irritrievable but it would save a bit of hassle if it was possible to get them back.

Is the memory card permanently busted or can this issue be resolved by a visit to my local Kodak shop?

There is no dirt visible whatsoever on in the contact holes but I don't want to pay for it to be looked at if nothing can be done.

Thanks in adv

WT

This happenned to me with some wedding photos in England, took it to the local Kodak shop and they managed to improve the situation a lot by getting some pics off.

If they can't find any pics to print I don't see them charging you for looking, but they may have some expertise or a machine that may read it whereas yours cannot.

Worth a try I'd say.

Two things to try first find a pencil eraser and rub the gold contacts till they shine brightly, try the card in the camera again.

Second take the card to a shop that sells cameras and ask then to try formating it in a different make of camera..then try it in your camera ( might have to format it again in your camera )

Good luck..

You are wonderful, all you guys suggesting he format his card. :o

Come on.

He has photos on there that he wants.

Formatting is the absolute last ditch action.

See if you can contact the manufacturer of the card, they may be able to help

you recover the data.

Many of these cards have lifetime guaratees as well.

Actually he was asking if it could be repaired - not if the photos could be retrieved. From his post the photos were of secondary importance.

Believe if I could not get it working by cleaning contacts it would be a trip to the garbage bin as 128k just not worth the trouble of repair/replace hassle.