Thai Criminal Code Book

Gone

Well I have seen so many people with questions regarding laws, email laws etc. etc.

I was in the Mayors office the other day and he showed me his book and it is in English. He says you can buy at many bookstores but suggested Lotus on Pattaya Nua.

It is a real copy o the Thai Criminal Code just in English. Here is the picture if you want to print it and take it into a store to inquire.

I should have probably posted this in the General Forum but if the Mods. want to change it thats cool.

post-147691-0-66810000-1330262350_thumb.

Edited by Gone

If you cannot get the book or want more info on Thailand codes (criminal, civil and commercial, customs etc) or acts in english go to http://www.thailaws.com/ and click "acts in english", select required document for PDF download and peruse at your leisure.

Some may not have the latest amendments, but a good resource imho.

(standard disclaimer..I have no connection to Thailaws)

Wow! Thanks to both Gone and Terryq. I have been looking for the Thai laws in English for five years with no luck.

I see that this business of not being allowed to drive in the right lane (one a divided four lane) is hogwash. The law says you must drive in the left lane, but there are exceptions: "e. When driving faster than vehicles in the lefy hand side lane." I'll carry this one in Thai and English. Next time I'm stopped for this, I'll point out I was driving faster than everybody else and then pay the tea money for speeding!

• Like 1

I also have been looking for a book like this for a long time. I have done a lot of business etc. here and it's just nice to know some of the laws here. I would not use it to push into any policeman's face for traffic infringements etc. however when you are using lawyers it is nice to show them that you know a bit about Thai Law and that way they might not be inclined to get more money from you if you know what you are talking about.

I will be buying one today and will inquire about a Thai Labor Law book in English also and get back to you on that one.

The Thai police are only trained to know the basics so they don't really know Thai law. That is why you always need a lawyer and when seeking a good lawyer if you plan on staying in Thailand long term it is good to let then know you are not a novice regarding your knowledge.

Tea money is becoming less and less possible these days. i mean even the hi-way police will not accept payments for traffic infringements these days for speeding etc.

I also have been looking for a book like this for a long time. I have done a lot of business etc. here and it's just nice to know some of the laws here. I would not use it to push into any policeman's face for traffic infringements etc. however when you are using lawyers it is nice to show them that you know a bit about Thai Law and that way they might not be inclined to get more money from you if you know what you are talking about.

I will be buying one today and will inquire about a Thai Labor Law book in English also and get back to you on that one.

The Thai police are only trained to know the basics so they don't really know Thai law. That is why you always need a lawyer and when seeking a good lawyer if you plan on staying in Thailand long term it is good to let then know you are not a novice regarding your knowledge.

Tea money is becoming less and less possible these days. i mean even the hi-way police will not accept payments for traffic infringements these days for speeding etc.

They still were last week on Sukhumvit between Huay Yai Rd. and Ambassador Hotel.

Although technically not for a real infringement, just a made up one so they could get some tea money.

Are you takin the piss??

Are you takin the piss??

Taking the piss? In what way? About not taking hi-way pay offs?

Not at all, sometimes I can be an idiot and do not wear my helmut etc. and when I get stopped I try to give them money instead of them taking my license then having to go to soi 9, paying, getting my license then back to get my motorbike but these days they just won't take the loot.

A few years ago no probs.

Are you takin the piss??

Not at all, sometimes I can be an idiot and do not wear my helmut etc. and when I get stopped I try to give them money instead of them taking my license then having to go to soi 9, paying, getting my license then back to get my motorbike but these days they just won't take the loot.

Certainly not my experience lately, quite the opposite in fact, i got stopped the other day with no seatbelt - and in no way was he going to give me a ticket, he started off at 1000 baht and i said fk it give me the ticket, then 500, no no give me the ticket, then 200 and i was on my way, but absolutely no way was he going to give me a ticket, he had the book of tickets out and you could see by the curled up edges it must have been the same ticket book he got issued the day he joined the force!!

I think you must have got the odd one out, or a complete novice!!

Are you takin the piss??

Certainly not my experience lately, quite the opposite in fact, i got stopped the other day with no seatbelt - and in no way was he going to give me a ticket, he started off at 1000 baht and i said fk it give me the ticket, then 500, no no give me the ticket, then 200 and i was on my way, but absolutely no way was he going to give me a ticket, he had the book of tickets out and you could see by the curled up edges it must have been the same ticket book he got issued the day he joined the force!!

I wouldn't say that 11 years strait here would be a novice. No I don't go back home like many do however I do travel all over Thailand and I can assure you that the corruption of road-side pay off's has dwindled. It was only 3 or 4 years ago you could actually pay a cop off right in down town Pattaya. Won't see it now with CCTV's everywhere, the NACC on the hunt and the re-shuffling of Police.

Actually I think YOU must have found the odd one out.

Also good books and probably somewhere in city hall:

59853b80bc.jpg

This ad was for people who would like to buy a Thai Criminal Code book in English, not for people looking for jet-ski books in City Hall.

I wouldn't say that 11 years strait here would be a novice. No I don't go back home like many do however I do travel all over Thailand and I can assure you that the corruption of road-side pay off's has dwindled. It was only 3 or 4 years ago you could actually pay a cop off right in down town Pattaya. Won't see it now with CCTV's everywhere, the NACC on the hunt and the re-shuffling of Police.

Actually I think YOU must have found the odd one out.

He wasn't calling you a novice, he meant the cop.

They are still taking tea money though, as I said, only last week on Sukhumvit.

If you cannot get the book or want more info on Thailand codes (criminal, civil and commercial, customs etc) or acts in english go to http://www.thailaws.com/ and click "acts in english", select required document for PDF download and peruse at your leisure.

Some may not have the latest amendments, but a good resource imho.

(standard disclaimer..I have no connection to Thailaws)

that website is not working for me ..

"This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel - leading hosting automation control panel. If you see this page it means:

1. hosting for this domain is not configured or

2. there's no such domain registered in Parallels Plesk Pan"

Yes, same for me now, was available at that link, honest !!. Now cannot reach any Thailaws site.

If find doc somewhere else will repost.

Edit Another copy on ThaiLawOnline by Isaan Lawyers.

http://www.thailawonline.com/en/thai-laws/laws-of-thailand/435-criminal-code-of-thailand.html

Click on Criminal Law of Thailand for pdf download.

Edited by terryq

Also good books and probably somewhere in city hall:

59853b80bc.jpg

This ad was for people who would like to buy a Thai Criminal Code book in English, not for people looking for jet-ski books in City Hall.

If it is an add why wasn't it on classifies.

Where did you end up buying the law book and what was the price?

Thanks..

Actually I went into a few SEED's stores and none had it but said they could order it within 1 week but I didn't. Didn't as the price either.

I was told to go to Central Festival 2nd rd again to seeds and tell her I want the hard edition that also covers Criminal, Civil and Labour but we ended up getting a bit pissed last night so I will go in there later today (evening) and let you know.