Latenight Airport To Pattaya

allyoops

the flights from perth arrive late and its too late to get a bus to pattaya i think.it will probably be 11.30pm before i get out of airport.is a meter taxi the best bet and how much do i pay .googling it i saw a price of 1100 +60 for tolls and another sight mentioned 1300 to 1500.

i will only have 3/4 days so don't want to waste a night in bangkok.

When you arrive, go upstairs and exit thru the departures area. Then, cross the roadway 10 meters, to where taxi's are dropping people off. Those drivers love to see you coming out with your bags; they can drop off one fare & pick up another one in one fell swoop. Best I've gotten was 800 baht and he paid the tolls. Normally, I pay 900 baht, tolls included. Good luck, and hello welcome.

cool.png

Mr T. used the service many times without any problems

1000 bht swampy to pattaya inc the tolls (60 bht ) plus any tip

return service pattaya to swampy 900 bht inc tolls plus any tip

if you go up to departures you do not know who you are getting or where they came from. They may not even be familiar with pattaya.

better to use an established service like Mr T than get an unknown car for the sake of 100 bht

transit time to pattaya at that time of night probably no more than 90 mins

Edited by striderman

Mr. T is great. I had a trip last week and was picked up in a almost new Fortuner. Arrived after an overnighter and slept all the way to Pattaya. Great service and many of the drivers speak a bit of English.

Nice having somebody there waiting for you and take the luggage for you out to the waiting car.

Mr. T is great. I had a trip last week and was picked up in a almost new Fortuner. Arrived after an overnighter and slept all the way to Pattaya. Great service and many of the drivers speak a bit of English.

Nice having somebody there waiting for you and take the luggage for you out to the waiting car.

Almost new Fortuner? Business must be good, or his margin is too fat.

I know this is a case of sods law, but after reading good reviews about Mr T on this forum,

on my last trip out of Pattaya i decided to give them a try, made my booking and driver arrived on

time to pick me up at 4am to take me to Swampy.

As we were leaving Pattaya on the Sukhumvit Rd the driver pulls up and stops on the chevrons right on the

exit to the motorway flyover, switches his hazards on and tells me the engine's overheating, gets out and opens the

boot, sits inside and starts making a series of phone calls, at this point i get out and start to walk to the back of the car

to see whats going to happen and im faced with on coming traffic speeding either side of our parked car.

Some oncoming cars were heading straight for us as they thought we were moving from a distance and only realised we were stationary

as they approached us at 70-80mph, (very frightening).

The driver though just sat in the boot and continued smoking and making phone calls without any fear or anticipation that a car could

at any minute drive straight into the back of his car.

Luckily another driver arrived after a 45min wait and took me to Swampy, could have missed my flight but i always allow an extra hour

for situations like this and i arrived 2hrs before my flight, instead of my estimation of 3hrs.

All ok in the end but the 45min wait on the chevrons was more nerve racking than anything else.

I know this is a case of sods law, but after reading good reviews about Mr T on this forum,

on my last trip out of Pattaya i decided to give them a try, made my booking and driver arrived on

time to pick me up at 4am to take me to Swampy.

As we were leaving Pattaya on the Sukhumvit Rd the driver pulls up and stops on the chevrons right on the

exit to the motorway flyover, switches his hazards on and tells me the engine's overheating, gets out and opens the

boot, sits inside and starts making a series of phone calls, at this point i get out and start to walk to the back of the car

to see whats going to happen and im faced with on coming traffic speeding either side of our parked car.

Some oncoming cars were heading straight for us as they thought we were moving from a distance and only realised we were stationary

as they approached us at 70-80mph, (very frightening).

The driver though just sat in the boot and continued smoking and making phone calls without any fear or anticipation that a car could

at any minute drive straight into the back of his car.

Luckily another driver arrived after a 45min wait and took me to Swampy, could have missed my flight but i always allow an extra hour

for situations like this and i arrived 2hrs before my flight, instead of my estimation of 3hrs.

All ok in the end but the 45min wait on the chevrons was more nerve racking than anything else.

A hair raising experience being parked like that. I cannot imagine why he did not pull over to a safer spot.

It goes to show that the extra time allowed came in very useful as we can never predict road conditions or other hazards.

I would send an email to Mr. T or call him. He should know what happened. Problems do arise, but he seems to be a good person and I'm sure would want to hear about this.

And yes, I also build in a lot of extra time just in case something like this happens also!!

I would send Mt.T a mail too. Whenever I have spoken to him he does seem genuine. He could then have a word with this driver.

Another point being that if Mr.T does not know about these things he cannot do anything about them. Plus if he has a few bad reports about a driver it would be in his best interest to get the problem sorted.

anyone know the email address of mr T .agree that he should be made aware of the incident reported by SOTSIRA .but it is easy way to book aswell.

081 2587716

081 3513612

are the last contact details I have.

Edited by Rimmer
Email removed as per forum rules

anyone know the email address of mr T .agree that he should be made aware of the incident reported by SOTSIRA .but it is easy way to book aswell.

081 2587716

081 3513612

are the last contact details I have.

If you need an alternative, I would recommend PT Taxis. I've used them a lot over the last couple of years and they have never let me down and never been late.

They have an office on 3rd Rd, not far from the junction with Pattaya Tai, email is: and telephone: 0863921240, 0854449035.

Last month it was 900 to / from SVP and 1000 to / from BKK (including tolls)

I've never been picked-up in a Fortuner though violin.gif

Edited by Rimmer
Email removed

Some email addresses have been removed from posts, please see the following rule:

13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

If you want to send an email then best to use the PM system which is secure.

Some email addresses have been removed from posts, please see the following rule:

13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

If you want to send an email then best to use the PM system which is secure.

<----- slaps himself for being a bad boy ;)

Another option, more appropriate if you have a longer stay in Pattaya, is to stay at an airport area hotel for about B850, and after shower and sleep, in the morning take an airport bus to Pattaya. You'd probably get to Pattaya before noon. If you take a taxi at midnight directly to Pattaya, by the time you get there, shower and sleep, when you wake up it could be late morning, as well.

As a resident of Jomtien, when I would return on long trips from the USA arriving at midnight, that's what I did. However, I was not on a one-week bender, eager to score some booze/sex within hours of landing. Not saying the OP is, but my suggestion would not be viable for someone who is. Although I bet some quick boom-boom could be arranged at the airport hotel, as well. whistling.gif

thanks for suggestion wpcoe i had thought of the hotel near the airport option and on a longer trip it may make sense .this trip is a stopover for a few days on route to uk so just want to get there quickly without hassle.will be doing the same on return journey but plane lands in bangkok early morning so will bus it.

thanks to pattayadingo for email address.