Wikipedia

dantilley

Is it just me, or has Wikipedia become incredibly slow over the last couple of days, to the point where it's barely usable? The most I can get from any page is a plan text version (i.e. no CSS), and even that can take 10 minutes to appear for even a short page. Connecting on True, generally a decent line, all other sites are fine... Is this a known problem with Wiki?

I'm on a Smartzone WiFi system (which is generally crap), and their lines are True Highspeed, and Wikipedia opens just fine. Generally, your local ISP may have problems with their proxy/cache server (like Squid), and it shows up as slow access.

Now the home page displays fine: admittedly, I don't think I've been to the main home page before just now, I always went to bookmarked inside pages, and also the home page I'm seeing could be cached. Trying to go to any non-home page still won't display - it seems to be getting stuck on something coming from bits.wikimedia.org.

Not tried at home (on TOT there, same as flash77) but will do later.

Check your IP address by typing into google My Ip - it will display it. If you have anything other than a number beginning 58. then restart your modem a few times until you do. True keep sticking people behind a proxy which is a load of rubbish basically and incredibly slow. I also think it filters content as well but that might be just me.