Facebook Partly The Cause Of Unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies: NESDB

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The figures must be totally wrong of course and show that Thailand has a kind of Greek statistical bureau. IF 54% of all born babies died in 2010 than the medical profession in Thailand is not only non existent but killing off babies itself. I bet that the figure that the BESDB mentioned has at least a zero too much. Nobody seem to be able to check facts at the Nation.

I love the way Thai's continue to blame anyone and everything for their problems.

It's like their attitudes to car accidents. If I as a foreigner am involved in a car accident, it's automatically my fault because (by their logic) if I wasn't here, the accident wouldn't have happened lol

Got to love Thailand <grins>

• Like 1

Partly, maybe, A significant part? Hardly.

Always ready to believe something other than the fact Thai kids,

like most kids, are horny as hell and have sex.

Coincidentally FB is an early adopters thing in any culture

and the same demographic wanting hot sex in their youth

is ALSO the same that joins FB early too.

If they want to blame something,

blame the reduction in sex education and anti-AIDS education,

brought on from the complacency after there was a very successful

campaign years ago. If they did it again, and consistently, teenage

pregnancies would be lower.... but will NEVER stop, human nature

is at play, and no governmental edicts can stop that fundamental force.

Absolutely, IF there is something to blame here its the Thai-Government and its ongoing efforts

keeping the people and specially the kids stupid.... Stupid people doesnt ask questions and which

government needs educated people demand answers? so EDUCATION is a problem here, not

FaceBook or Camfrog or Twitter or or or....

Mobile phones are also to blame, and the various e-mail and messaging services. Quite a list when you work through all the contributors. sleep.png

It is the normal and natural sex drive of the teenage as the cause,

all other things are just modalities to reach an already known end game;

Get laid tonight.

Which still happened before electricity,

but now via communications, they can find cuter, or more compatible partners.

So in one way it can cause better, more compatible couplings to meet

and possibly stay together longer.

I never really liked facebook, but I may need to change my mind. How do you have sex on it?

Isn't it bad for the keyboard? Maybe I need a bigger hard disk.....

Researchers also discovered that normal sexual urge of adolescents contributed insignificantly to unwanted teen pregnancies. The main factors included Facebook, Blackberries, iPhones, cars with smoked windows, lack of respect for Thai culture and inadequate sports facilities. He he. Keep 'em coming NESDB.

The public health survey in 2010 indicated that out of 760,000 babies born, 411,000 had died. The NESDB said that the figure shows that a number of mothers decided to have abortion.

Woot! shock1.gif

However many of these 411,000 babies were aborted.. or 'died' in the womb if you want to put it so.. it means that they WEREN'T born were they, so CANNOT also be part of the first set of figures/ stats of 760,000 BORN?!.. and it was all down to Facebook anyway, yeah? ('I think we got another one o them there eejuts on the payroll, Jed'!!)

Perhaps it has just a little to do with Thai society's "anything goes" attitude. For instance, it is considered ok for a girl in her twenties (or even teens) to leave her rural village to work in a Pattaya bar then abandon her young soul to marry a man 2-3 times her age (and weight) after knowing him but a few weeks. He can't speak Thai and she can't speak his language - no problem. Anything for an ATM card. This place is unbelievable.

Edited by Lopburi99

I love the way Thai's continue to blame anyone and everything for their problems.

It's like their attitudes to car accidents. If I as a foreigner am involved in a car accident, it's automatically my fault because (by their logic) if I wasn't here, the accident wouldn't have happened lol

True, its the ThaiWay of life...BUT please, dont blame it on the Thais...they just dont know it better, the people in Power and Religion

educated them beeing like this.... ....has someone mentioned Thaksin yet? giggle.gif ....things will change when HE is finally back and

then the educating will start..jap.gif

Thailand is in a transition from a patriarchal context to a society where people become self-aware. Unfortunately those high up there in the administration cannot avoid the patriarchal tendency of perceiving the population as "innocent" and as "victims of foreign systems".

People who are in positions of responsibility should be more imaginative and avoid lapsing into obsolete speech.

Edited by xavierr
  • Like 2

People who are in positions of responsibility should be more imaginative and avoid lapsing into obsolete speech.

Do you mean they should stop talking s**t????

If you have a preference for blunt speech yes, but blunt speech does not go down well in these latitudes

• Like 1

Thailand is in a transition from a patriarchal context to a society where people become self-aware. Unfortunately those high up there in the administration cannot avoid the patriarchal tendency of perceiving the population as "innocent" and as "victims of foreign systems".

Totally agree with you.

True, its the ThaiWay of life...BUT please, dont blame it on the Thais...they just dont know it better, the people in Power and Religion

educated them beeing like this.... ....has someone mentioned Thaksin yet? giggle.gif ....things will change when HE is finally back and

then the educating will start..jap.gif

Really, I didn't see much change in education in his first 6 years in charge. I do seem to remember endless reshuffles of ministers so they could all get their snouts in the trough.

• Like 1

Wow. Nothing to do with morality, with the lack of good sex education, with parental supervision? Certainly young people can look to such people as MPs or the police for sterling examples of moral leadership in all areas.

"If it's fun and makes you happy, what can be wrong with it?" :)