Facebook Partly The Cause Of Unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies: NESDB

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't want to send the Board on a wild goose chase, but it could be a conspiracy on the part of Facebook and the Condom manufactures to distribute condoms that are not exactly sperm or bullet proof as we say specifically target for Thailand and Thai teens..Its only a theory, but what the heck.spamsign.gifcoffee1.gifdrunk.gifintheclub.gif

It could be the condom manufacture too...poking small pin holes in the end of the condom before they are wrapped and sealed. Of couse this is just a theory...intheclub.gifgiggle.giflicklips.gifviolin.gifhit-the-fan.gif

..and it's as good as the "Facebook- theory"!

The public health survey in 2010 indicated that out of 760,000 babies born, 411,000 had died. The NESDB said that the figure shows that a number of mothers decided to have abortion.

When a baby is born, then dies, how does abortions contribute to this number? I must be dense?

The only contributing factor to having a baby is "SEX", at least last time I checked. Maybe there is a new Facebook "APP" I don't know about???

Could be right... the time-frame from birth to death is not quoted... rolleyes.gif

I have it on good authority that of the 760,000 babies that were born in 2010, they will all die.

Please cite your sources

smile.png

Everybody dies. It's just a fact of life. 100% of all people born ever will die.

Not me! I'm going to live forever! (or die trying.....)

• Like 1

The reason why Facebook is to blame, is that Thais are very good people. They have no bad qualities. They are angels, very close to the bosom of God himself. Their level of natural divinity is very high. They never, ever think bad thoughts on their own. They never do anything to hurt people, and they never do or say bad things. All of the wrongs committed in thai society are caused by foreigners. Even the prostitutes would never consider such an act, if the foreigners were not present to tempt them, with their evil money. Ask any monk, he will confirm this. Ask any politician, he or she will confirm this. These are facts. Thias are the best, and the brightest, and the most superior of all the world.

And they all go straight from pre-puberty to happily married with nothing happening in-between.

This wins the most stupid headline of the week!

Yes. Why stop there? This is just about the most ridiculous article ever published. I do not know which is more terrifying, that someone wrote it...or somewhere...someone...is nodding their head "Yes, that makes sense."

Facebook is to blame? I do not normally drink in the mid day...but am giving it some thought.

I have it on good authority that of the 760,000 babies that were born in 2010, they will all die.

Please cite your sources

smile.png

Everybody dies. It's just a fact of life. 100% of all people born ever will die.

The Catholic church refutes this idea. J's mum was apparently transported to heaven before death, I kid you not.

Please cite your sources

smile.png

The Catholic church refutes this idea. J's mum was apparently transported to heaven before death, I kid you not.

Well if they say it then it must be true ;)

I do not normally drink in the mid day...but am giving it some thought.

Say "hi" to Chalerm while you're at well.

Although his ear infection might keep him from hearing you too well.

And he might think you said "Die".

And he might say: "Die? Why should I die?! I survived 2010 when 54% of Thai babies died. I shall not die. Ever!"

The public health survey in 2010 indicated that out of 760,000 babies born, 411,000 had died. The NESDB said that the figure shows that a number of mothers decided to have abortion.

Woot! shock1.gif

54.1% died? Really?? What % represent abortions? What % other causes? unsure.png

That would rate childbirth in Thailand as dangerous as the UK in the Dark Ages. Not really. In fact that figure is so far wrong as to indicate that the species cannot survive.

Are they including the the thousands of fetuses found in Buddhist temples?

Abortion is illegal in Thailand so how do they come up with stats of any kind? Thatever the "official" number is, it is going to be way low. Back alley abortionists, of which there are many in Thailand, do not report figures to the government.

I am now convinced that this and other similarly ambigious, porely written, nonsensical reports are written by a guy who enjoys reading how riled up farangs can get after reading his articles on Thaivisa. He's a troll!

No NESDB. Thai teenagers get pregnant becosue you fail to teach them that unprotected sex makes girls pregnant. Start teaching about contraseptives and install condom automats

in all school and make it normal to use them, and the problem will solve itself. The sollution is not to blame everything, and everyone else.

All of this is a pretext for banning Facebook, which is something a number of people in the government would like to see (social networks now have serious reputations [except in China] for helping foment change and revolution). There have been grumblings like this going on since the Red Shirt incidents in 2009 and 2010. That would certainly be major development: if Thailand limited (not sure how) or banned Facebook use. I'm pretty sure that would cause a general rebellion though, so I can't see any real chance of it happening.

Pointless anyway as there are a multitude of ways to circumvent any type of block. Egypt figured out how to block FB. Turn off the internet.

"Facebook is Partly to blame" for teenage pregnancy? For what percentage of Teenage pregnancies? There are no hard figures to back up the claim and the claim that suggestive posts is the cause of teen pregnancies cannot be linked. So at most, the article is just a guess (a bad one at that) as it is not backed up by incontrovertible figures.

Edited by toybits

Yes I can just imagine Mark Zuckerberg standing over every thai teenager with a shotgun telling her to open up her legs so her boy friend can have his way with her. When are people going to start taking responsibility for thier own actions instead of finding someone else to blame. It is not just Thailand. If it was for laws and the legal system of the world there would be no bloody crime. Don't blame me for raping and murdering that woman, it's your fault not mine I din't make the laws.

Edited by chooka