Tmb Correspondent Bank In Usa

I will soon be due a modest payment from a US-based organisation for some work I've done, and together with details of my TMB account have been asked for details of a US correspondent bank. So far I haven't received a reply to my e-mail to TMB asking them to provide that information.. Does anybody know whether I need to specify more than my account details and if so what TMB's correspondent banks might be? Naturally I prefer the most economical option, I don't have a US bank account, did not do the work in the US and am not a US citizen.

Edited by citizen33

US bank must route it correctly and through a bank that will deal with TMB so will want a SWIFT code and the name of bank is US they deal with. They can look this information up but often do not want to do so in case they misread and at fault of non payment. In most cases a phone call will be replied to much faster than email. 0-2299-2029, 0-2299-2878-9, 0-2299-2876

Thanks. I am endeavouring to provide information that the US organisation (a large one) is requesting. It is possible that a payment could be made without me providing the information but no doubt they have their procedures. Clearly TMB does have a correspondent bank in the US and it is just a case of finding out which one(s). Interestingly TMB hasn't given a straight answer to my e-mail and I have had to reply with more information. "Who is your correspondent bank for payments made in the USA?" seems to me to be a straightforward question.

TMB I am sure has no correspondent bank in the US. Correspondent banks are used by small banks (like with 1 location) that only do local deposits work in one country AND don't have SWIFT codes, it allows them to do money transfers internationally by using the correspondent bank's SWIFT code. TMB is not a small bank and has it's own SWIFT code.

I would guess that since you did work, are overseas, have no US bank account, you'll get hit with a 30% non-resident withholding tax on any money they send you. It's the USA's way of thanking you for working for a US based company. wai.gif

TMB I am sure has no correspondent bank in the US. Correspondent banks are used by small banks (like with 1 location) that only do local deposits work in one country AND don't have SWIFT codes, it allows them to do money transfers internationally by using the correspondent bank's SWIFT code. TMB is not a small bank and has it's own SWIFT code.

This might not be an accurate statement. All large banks I have dealt with have correspondense banks in many countries of the world. Sight drafts, cashiers checks, etc are honored on the spot by correspondent banks.