Bank Or Money Exchange To Change £ Notes?

pattayadingo

Lately i've noticed that the money exchangers aren't much different to some banks

on their rates.

Banks i would check are Krung Thai on the south pattaya rd, Bangkok Bank, and UOB Bank,

they usually give the better rates for cash than the others.

There are two that I use and they are very similar the latter being the best, soi beokow just past LK metro going south on right the is a pharmacy across the road and the best is the gold shop off south pattaya road, going along 3rd road turn left at the juction then take next right (opposite CAT telecom) I think it's called soi rungland and about 10 meters on the left - this is the best I've found anywhere in pattaya

I always use the money exchange kiosk opposite the Subway on Beach road near junction Soi 11. The rate is only slightly better than the bank but if you are exchanging £500 then it makes quite a difference.

I'm looking to be bringing £1000. That is part of the reason for asking besides not having exchanged money in Patts before. So a couple of extra Baht can make a difference even though £1K is not a fortune.

I appreciate the replies given :)

There are two that I use and they are very similar the latter being the best, soi beokow just past LK metro going south on right the is a pharmacy across the road and the best is the gold shop off south pattaya road, going along 3rd road turn left at the juction then take next right (opposite CAT telecom) I think it's called soi rungland and about 10 meters on the left - this is the best I've found anywhere in pattaya

The place on Soi Rungland is called "Bank Gold" and they do have one of the best rates in town. you can call them at 038-42-0097 before you go down to get the rate you are interested in.

post-32036-0-15364100-1330518012_thumb.j

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

The place on Soi Rungland is called "Bank Gold" and they do have one of the best rates in town. you can call them at 038-42-0097 before you go down to get the rate you are interested in.

post-32036-0-15364100-1330518012_thumb.j