My Update For Oz Spouse Visa

Put visa in 22/2/2012 got email today to go and get medicals for for mrs,daughter,nephew,and have been appointed case officer,they did say that i will recive contact from case officer,within 12 weeks and visa could take 12 months,not sure if this is the norm, but i think its quick.

cat

We put ours in 5th sept last year, had the med check and police check done within weeks, they said within three months we would have our interview ( December) wife flew back in december and has been waiting since...any phonecalls have been a waste of time and they dont seem to care my wife has been away from our 2 y.o son for over 3 months now .....so dont expect too much from them!

Thanks Elwood, Did they say anything about having to do a interview?because when i spoke to the case officer she said that there is no interview

then when my wife spoke to her she said she has to wait to do an interview??????

catwho has there been any change for you ?

No.. we had to wait for schools exams to finnish,now the mrs has her period and it says on the form not to have urin test when have period,so i have to wait till next week to gets medicals,they did say in the email not to sell property,etc till visa comes through,but things take time to sell here,and thais dont like to pay in one go,always pay off,pay off,lucky i have time ,I HOPE

cat

catwho has there been any change for you ?

No.. we had to wait for schools exams to finnish,now the mrs has her period and it says on the form not to have urin test when have period,so i have to wait till next week to gets medicals,they did say in the email not to sell property,etc till visa comes through,but things take time to sell here,and thais dont like to pay in one go,always pay off,pay off,lucky i have time ,I HOPE

cat

Hi there cat.

Mate I wish you the best of luck in getting your Visa ... but there is something called TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

Might I be a bit presumptive and re-write your opening line?

No ... we had to wait for schools exams to finnish,now the mrs has her period and it says on the form not to have urin test when have period,so i have to wait till next week to gets medicals

No ... we had to wait for schools exams to finish. Just now the Mrs is a bit busy post exams and we will possibly have to wait till the next week to get her medicals.

Keep us posted how the application goes and any problems you encountered and how you both overcame them.

If anyone is interested to know my wife got her visa approved yesterday! (permanent residence visa) all up it took 6 months which is good im happy . it seems if you put together a good application you dont have to do an interview or wait the 12months which they state ..so if you dont have your interview at the 3 month mark it probally means you wont need to do one.. so dont freak out like me!

If anyone is interested to know my wife got her visa approved yesterday! (permanent residence visa) all up it took 6 months which is good im happy . it seems if you put together a good application you dont have to do an interview or wait the 12months which they state ..so if you dont have your interview at the 3 month mark it probally means you wont need to do one.. so dont freak out like me!

Well done getsome ... thumbsup.gif

Nice one getsome... good on ya,now to organize trip home.

cat

Did medicals thurs, at BNH hospital [opp oz embassy]filled in forms [160,26,]with photos,took letter from embassy,cost 3,000 each adult,, 1500bt child under 16,forms and photos and letter given back after medicals,and xray's ...as unbeknown to me,all is done on line,they take photo, fill in online form,sign.,pay money,all 3 took less than 2 hrs,and they send to embassy,ALL 3 given ALL CLEAR by doctors,the wife asked.

That was this hospital others may do it the old way.

cat

Did medicals thurs, at BNH hospital [opp oz embassy]filled in forms [160,26,]with photos,took letter from embassy,cost 3,000 each adult,, 1500bt child under 16,forms and photos and letter given back after medicals,and xray's ...as unbeknown to me,all is done on line,they take photo, fill in online form,sign.,pay money,all 3 took less than 2 hrs,and they send to embassy,ALL 3 given ALL CLEAR by doctors,the wife asked.

That was this hospital others may do it the old way.

cat

very good there........all the best.

it has been just about 2 weeks since it was given to "the decision maker" who ever that is and where they are. so hope that next week we get an answer.

• 4 weeks later...

just an update for you all so you know there is light at the end. visa submitted September 27 201. visa granted for GF and daughter April 11 2012.

so hang in there make sure you provide more than enough information and all will be well we hope :)

cheers

Recived, email today for wife and nephew to go for interview..1/5/2012, which i thought was a holiday,but i'll check,they wanted 6 things we had already given to them on application day.[birth cert,etc] but hey i'll give them to them again,no prob,daughter needs xray [only] as she was 10 yrs old a month ago,when we did medical, [now 11 last week] she needs one, again ,no prob,

APP put in on the 23/2/2012,so... so far its moving along well.

cat

• 2 weeks later...

Went in yesterday for wife and nephews interview[no traffic hoilday],interviewed wife first 25 minites,then wife and nephew together,nephew 18yrs old,asked same questions as my wifes,everyone came out laughing,about 50 min all up,case officer very nice lady,we had meet her before at the tower when asking for help,didnt know it was the same person.

they just wanted to check that we were responisble for him and has been in our care for 4 years,

i hope all goes well.

cat

Edited by catwho

Went in yesterday for wife and nephews interview[no traffic hoilday],interviewed wife first 25 minites,then wife and nephew together,nephew 18yrs old,asked same questions as my wifes,everyone came out laughing,about 50 min all up,case officer very nice lady,we had meet her before at the tower when asking for help,didnt know it was the same person.

they just wanted to check that we were responisble for him and has been in our care for 4 years,

i hope all goes well.

cat

Good luck with it all. Let us know when you are in possession of...