Elderly Thai Father Of Australian Citizen

I am a Thai born Australian citizen who grew up and lived in Australia for over 20 years. My father is a 73 yo Thai retiree with 4 other children from previous marriage however there are complete f-wits who constantly scheme money of dad and neglects him. I can no longer stand this as dad now has mild Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. I am prepared to move back to Thailand although I have a great job in aust and considers aust my home. However I would like to see if there are any possibility of having him come and live with me? I understand retirement visa requires a phenomenal amount of money and parental visa is not possible due to the scums that I call brothers residing in Thailand outweighs the only child living in aust. Thank you for any responses in advance.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this after a request, I did not pursue finding out anymore information on the visa as my father did not want to come over. I did have a look at some information online prior and apparently the waiting list is about 10 years anyway.

Just an update on this after a request, I did not pursue finding out anymore information on the visa as my father did not want to come over. I did have a look at some information online prior and apparently the waiting list is about 10 years anyway.

I also have a father in Thailand and these very thoughts have gone through my mind.

Yes the waiting list is 10 years or a substantial amount of money to be paid!

I have absolutely no objection to ensuring that my father would not be a burden on the Government but I would have thought a retiree would have brought something to add to the economy... seems to me that unless you are wedged up a retiree is usually onto a no win win situation.

There was a case http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-10/20110810-frail-96-year-old-faces-deportation/2833542 which actually did resolve itself in the end, and the lady probably arrived on the wrong visa initially.. family migration can be exceptionally painful at times.

Edited by edwinclapham