Phuket Hotel On The Beach, Not Behind The Road

frenchFARANGbkk

The Impiana Cabana is on the beach at Patong but I'm not sure if it is open - it MUST have been wiped out by the tsunami. When I was in Patong in October there was work being done and I couldn't tell if it was open.

The Kata Beach Resort is on the beach - Kata Beach (believe it or not!) and is quite a nice hotel and Kata Beach is heaps better than Patong.

The Kata Thani at Kata Noi Beach is also right on the beach and looks very nice but is quite expensive.

I think staying at Kata is much better than Patong, quieter, cleaner, far far nicer beach etc. I usually hire a motorbike for a couple of hundred baht a day (max) - Patong is only ten minutes away.

Edited by Sporting Dog

Try also Andaman Cove at Evason Resort and Spa in Rawai, just a walk down from the Restaurant you can find a small beach and there's another beach called Laem Ka.

Its very nice and quiet and from there you can take a complimentary shuttle boat to Ko Bon Island (private island and beach) belongs to the Resort.

I think you will enjoy it.

You can check their website www.andamancove-phuket.com

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think the Impiana has reopened yet. The Patong Bay Garden, which is next door and also on the beach, has reopened.

However, there is contruction going on all along the beachfront in Patong. Some kind of beautification project. I dont know which genius decided to start it at the beginning of the high season when they had all year to do it, but they should be hung by the short and curlies.

The southern end of Kata is a good bet. Kata Beach Resort and Mom Tris Boathouse are right on the beach. In Kata Noi you have Kata Thani which has the beach all to itself.

The Evason is Rawai is lovely, but the beach there is not so nice. Laem Ka is quite rocky, and the other beaches are muddy. I think the Evason ferries its guests over to Bon Island to enjoy the beach there. Also, Rawai is a fair distance from nightlife etc.

Apart from whats already mentioned, you might want to consider:

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort (Relax bay, between Karon and Patong)

Karon Beach Resort

Marina Phuket Resort (Karon)

Chedi (pansea)

Amanpuri (pansea)

Sheraton (bangtao)

Dusit (bangtao)

Laguna Beach Resort (bangtao)

Best Western (bangtao)

Pearl Village (nai yang)

JW Marriot (mai khao)