Non Immigrant O "Marriage" Visa

Gents,

Looking to see if anyone has been able to extend there 12 month stay Non Immigrant O visa with out having 400K in the bank by using thier (out of country) employers letter of cerification and what is the process?

I make well over 400K per year put I work overseas and not in thailand. I do not have a Thai work permit as I do not work in thailand but only abroad.

Can it be done with you own employer letter stating and certified you make a certain amount per year and what all is involved? Do you have to have your embbasy certify as well and translate everything to thai?

thanks

For Americans you can get an affidavit of income at the US Embassy for $50. You fill out the form, pay the fee, and they sign/stamp it. No proof of income is required from them. You sign the form in their presence affirming that you are telling the truth on the form.

I have included the form used at the US Embassy for this purpose.

income_affidavit_retirees.pdf

Edited by Jayman

And when using income the requirement is 40,000 baht per month not 400,000 baht per year. That is probably not a problem for you since you make "well over 400K per year", but I mention it just in case your income falls somewhere in the 400,000 - 480,000 baht range.

Sophon

While the American Embassy doesn't require a letter from your employer or other proof of monthly income to obtain the income letter, it's a good idea to bring that type of letter with you to Thai immigration in case they ask about your source of income. Don't fret too much over translation, stamps, certification, etc. Just bring the letter from your employer, a year-end pay stub, tax returns, something that shows what you earn overseas. Usually they just want to see if you can answer the question without breaking into a sweat and if you can wave around something that looks kind of official.

• Like 1

I understand that the American Embassy can supply an income affidavit. The British Embassy does not. Something you can get at the Britsh Embassy is a Statutory Declaration. Basically, it's a form that is stamped and signed by the embassy after you have written your declaration. Cost, around 3000 bht. Has anyone tried using one of these to obtain a marriage extension?

There is no problem with either, it is just a diffrent system. Some countries Embassy want you to make a sworn statement about your income, other countries embassy give you a letter stating your income after been shown proof.

Both are accepted by immigration.

So, would I be able to just rock up at the British Embassy, walk in, make a statutory declaration with regards to how much I earn or have in the UK, get it signed and stamped, and take it to immigration to extend my marriage visa?

All this without showing any proof?

So, would I be able to just rock up at the British Embassy, walk in, make a statutory declaration with regards to how much I earn or have in the UK, get it signed and stamped, and take it to immigration to extend my marriage visa?

All this without showing any proof?

It's not a Statutory Declaration, they just give you a letter giving your name, age and passport number and address, and a list of the sources of income that you have shown to them. It's income that you have to show, not UK bank balances or other assets. Documents from pension providers and a copy of a bank statement showing receipt of the amounts from them, ditto for house rental income is what I used recently (for a retirement extension).

They don't just accept your say-so, you have to show them proof of your income.

Edit:- they don't "give" you the letter, it costs the thick end of 2500baht.

Edited by Eff1n2ret

Does anyone know if there's a minium time limit required for proof sallary?

For example, If you had only been getting paid for a month before you went for the extension? would that be long enough?

Cheers in advance