Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart dies at 43

News_Editor

Maybe didn't kill anyone, but manipulated video tapes to misrepresent the truth...that's kind of like spinning lies...err, that is spinning lies. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Wasn't that the quote Bush couldn't get straight?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe didn't kill anyone, but manipulated video tapes to misrepresent the truth...that's kind of like spinning lies...err, that is spinning lies. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Wasn't that the quote Bush couldn't get straight?

Not knowing much about the man I'll have to take your word on that, but would suggest that is exactly what the mainstream press does all the time, so I revert; If Michael Moore were to have died I wonder whether he would get a more sympathetic obituary from both the mainstream press and some posters here.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

Edited by Steely Dan

Three pages of posts and all we have from his detractors is ad hominem attacks on the man, he didn't kill anyone and couldn't be given that wonderful euphemism 'freedom fighter', though I do believe it was freedom from oppression and the protection of freedom of speech that the man stood up for. Still in the absence of any defensible argument the far left chooses to resort to profaning the dead.

At least we still have Pat Condell. to point out some home truths the lib-left don't want to hear.

Hey Dan , Many on "the left" simply refuse point blank to watch Condell,s Video's ,I wonder why?? Edited by Colin Yai

Not knowing much about the man I'll have to take your word on that, but would suggest that is exactly what the mainstream press does all the time, so I revert; If Michael Moore were to have died I wonder whether he would get a more sympathetic obituary from both the mainstream press and some posters here.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

Yeah Moore the worlds biggest hypocrite!
  • Like 1

Michael Moore rocks...whatever could you mean?

But seriously, Bowling for Columbine was pretty straight, especially in light of the Giffords shooting and recent high school shooting. IMHO, when is America gonna get a clue that access to guns enables these mass killings? How many times has this happened? Ridiculous. And how many times has an event like these been prevented/stopped by a citizen with a gun? Err...none? So what protection is citizen possession providing?

And another disrespectful, off-topic post has been deleted.

Suspensions will start shortly. This is a topic. It's not an opportunity to get your digs in at other posters.

And another disrespectful, off-topic post has been deleted.

Suspensions will start shortly. This is a topic. It's not an opportunity to get your digs in at other posters.

Point taken.

This guy Breitbart wouldn't last long on TVF then.

Well this is definitely on topic regarding whether its OK to deeply diss an unethical, dirty player right after they have died.

http://www.slate.com...his_death_.html

“Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBreitbart dead.”

Don't think too much JT.

Breitbart did damage to others when he was alive.

I didn't even know who he was til he died.

kd

Well this is definitely on topic regarding whether its OK to deeply diss an unethical, dirty player right after they have died.

“Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBreitbart dead.”

Don't think too much JT.

kd

Not sure about your point. I knew who he was. Considering his actions, I think it is OK to diss him now with the caveat that its sad for his family, etc.

Don't think too much JT.

kd

Not sure about your point. I knew who he was. Considering his actions, I think it is OK to diss him now with the caveat that its sad for his family, etc.

Go fast before you go too slowly JT.

This guy Breitbart knocked people with different opinions. He did them personal damage to discredit them.

Dishonourable tactics however well motivated. And I'm being lenient.

Don't think too much JT.

kd

And Breitbart's family is his responsibilty not yours.

Whenever someone championing the Right dies (ex. Breitbart or Reagan), the majority of the Left can be counted on to attack while the body is still warm. When someone on the Left dies, the majority of the Right show respect (Ted Kennedy is a good example - and he actually KILLED a girl).

This open display of hate is a FACT that can be backed up by reviewing the ThaiVisa forum over the past several years. An objective Behavioral Science student can sift through these threads and count the # of instances and # of different posters who rejoice at the death of someone with differing political views. Not only scathing attacks on the dead, but on the living as well. President Bush and President Obama are both disliked by people here opposed to them for various reasons. The majority of the Left have made an art out of the ad hominem attacks on Bush (Cheney, Rumsfeld, phantom "neo-cons") while the majority of the Right attacks Obama's policies and what they believe they will do to the country. You can always find an exception, that's why I purposely say "majority".

Andrew Breitbart wasn't perfect. Other than the one time with the out-of-context tape with the racist comment about white farmers, he was spot on. Compare that to the poster child of Out of Context, Michael Moore. Holy crap! He wouldn't even have any films if he didn't rely on taking things out of context, editing and combining images on the screen with his narrative which aim only to misinform. Yet, many on the Left think he's brilliant. Moore is too obese to last much longer. When he inevitably passes on, pay attention to how the Right on these boards treat him. It will be with much more respect than we have seen those on the Left here give Breitbart.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

Whenever someone championing the Right dies (ex. Breitbart or Reagan), the majority of the Left can be counted on to attack while the body is still warm. When someone on the Left dies, the majority of the Right show respect (Ted Kennedy is a good example - and he actually KILLED a girl).

This open display of hate is a FACT that can be backed up by reviewing the ThaiVisa forum over the past several years. An objective Behavioral Science student can sift through these threads and count the # of instances and # of different posters who rejoice at the death of someone with differing political views. Not only scathing attacks on the dead, but on the living as well. President Bush and President Obama are both disliked by people here opposed to them for various reasons. The majority of the Left have made an art out of the ad hominem attacks on Bush (Cheney, Rumsfeld, phantom "neo-cons") while the majority of the Right attacks Obama's policies and what they believe they will do to the country. You can always find an exception, that's why I purposely say "majority".

Andrew Breitbart wasn't perfect. Other than the one time with the out-of-context tape with the racist comment about white farmers, he was spot on. Compare that to the poster child of Out of Context, Michael Moore. Holy crap! He wouldn't even have any films if he didn't rely on taking things out of context, editing and combining images on the screen with his narrative which aim only to misinform. Yet, many on the Left think he's brilliant. Moore is too obese to last much longer. When he inevitably passes on, pay attention to how the Right on these boards treat him. It will be with much more respect than we have seen those on the Left here give Breitbart.

I'm assuming this stuff relates to USA and not Thailand, or are we extrapolating across the entire world?

I'm assuming this stuff relates to USA and not Thailand, or are we extrapolating across the entire world?

PS: Why are we talking about US politics on TV?

Need some relevance please, including educated knowledge about red, white, pink , and yellow shirts.

Tnx

Need some relevance please, including educated knowledge about red, white, pink , and yellow shirts.

Tnx

This is the WORLD NEWS forum. The topic is about CONSERVATIVE BLOGGER ANDREW BREITBART. The rejoicing at his death here makes my post on topic

your welcome.

Thais are pretty good at letting others judge after death. In fact they are bloody brilliant at it.

Happy to talk about US helicopter gunships in VietNam, Richard Nixon, LBJ, Kissinger etc if you want to bring US political theory into IndoChina.

Maybe off topic though.

Tnx

This is the WORLD NEWS forum. The topic is about CONSERVATIVE BLOGGER ANDREW BREITBART. The rejoicing at his death here makes my post on topic

your welcome.

qv Post below. Thais don't rejoice at death. World Forum or not, the US never understood SE Asia.

Thais are pretty good at letting others judge after death. In fact they are bloody brilliant at it.

Happy to talk about US helicopter gunships in VietNam, Richard Nixon, LBJ, Kissinger etc if you want to bring US political theory into IndoChina.

Maybe off topic though.

You have only 44 posts so my guess is you are coming to this topic through a page that just shows a list of recent topics from various sub-forums and not directly through the World News sub-forum. That is the only explanation I can think of why you think my post must be related in any way to Thailand - and it doesn't. Well, there is one more explanation but I don't really think you are a previously-banned poster returning to troll.

• Like 1

Maybe Ted Kennedy isn't really a good example in this context:

Today, some conservatives and just anti-Kennedy people, are not mourning the senator's passing and are coming out against him. Andrew Breitbart, Washington Times columnist and operator of Breitbart.com, called Kennedy a "villain," "duplicitous bastard," and a "prick" on Twitter hours after he died. Breitbart continued his opposition to Kennedy by posting: "I'm more than willing to go off decorum to ensure THIS MAN is not beatified,” Breitbart wrote. “Sorry, he destroyed lives. And he knew it."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/278320

Maybe off topic though.

You have only 44 posts so my guess is you are coming to this topic through a page that just shows a list of recent topics from various sub-forums and not directly through the World News sub-forum. That is the only explanation I can think of why you think my post must be related in any way to Thailand - and it doesn't. Well, there is one more explanation but I don't really think you are a previously-banned poster returning to troll.

Not sure of the relevance of my TV posting history.

Maybe true in the US, maybe not. I don't know.

If World News on TVF has got nothing to do with Thailand I'll stick with the good old BBC for objective comprehensive coverage of world events.

Nevertheless it would be interesting to hear what Thais would make of Khun Breitbart.

Today, some conservatives and just anti-Kennedy people, are not mourning the senator's passing and are coming out against him. Andrew Breitbart, Washington Times columnist and operator of Breitbart.com, called Kennedy a "villain," "duplicitous bastard," and a "prick" on Twitter hours after he died. Breitbart continued his opposition to Kennedy by posting: "I'm more than willing to go off decorum to ensure THIS MAN is not beatified,” Breitbart wrote. “Sorry, he destroyed lives. And he knew it."

http://www.digitaljo.../article/278320

Jesus H Christ.

Looks like koheesti has got some explaining to do.

I'd be tempted to let the VC and Khmer Rouge loose on this one.

On the appropriate TV forum of course.

Jesus H!!!!!

touche smile.png

You found a very good exception to the rule. :)

Edited by koheesti

Maybe off topic though.

If World News on TVF has got nothing to do with Thailand I'll stick with the good old BBC for objective comprehensive coverage of world events.

Nevertheless it would be interesting to hear what Thais would make of Khun Breitbart.

WHAT DOES THE BBC HAVE TO DO WITH THAIVISA!!!?!?!??!!?!?offtopic.gifofftopic.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. :):):)

Maybe off topic though.

WHAT DOES THE BBC HAVE TO DO WITH THAIVISA!!!?!?!??!!?!?offtopic.gifofftopic.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

RIH

touche smile.png

You found a very good exception to the rule. smile.png

Politically incorrect argument koheesti.

Choose your words for you.

Thai. Farang. Good. Bad. Evil. Gay. Straight. TS. Generous. Kind. Mean. White. Black. Trash. RIP. RIH.