Thaivisa Server Maintenance Wednesday 14 Dec 2005

george

SERVER MOVE WEDNESDAY DEC 14, 2005 09.00 - 11.00

We are moving to a new server tomorrow morning. The forum will be down OR read-only from approx. 09.00 - 11.00 (Bangkok time GMT+7)

That means that you can not post or send/read PM's within this time window.

Edited by george

It will be Dual dedicated servers with double SCSI harddisks and Dual Hyper thread Intel Xeon CPU's 2.80GHz. A real monster box.

The bottleneck we have now is too slow harddisks and too slow RAM. We remain at the same datacenter, so the move should be ready before lunch tomorrow, if everything goes according to the plan.

Fingers crossed.

It will be Dual dedicated servers with double SCSI harddisks and Dual Hyper thread Intel Xeon CPU's 2.80GHz. A real monster box.

The bottleneck we have now is too slow harddisks and too slow RAM. We remain at the same datacenter, so the move should be ready before lunch tomorrow, if everything goes according to the plan.

Fingers crossed.

I don't think you have a slow hard disk issue but more like a RAM issue or software optimization issue. You could certainly optimize mySQL and run with less power. I have seen bigger site working faster than this one on less power. I think your sysadmin at the datacenter doesn't know how to optimize a server.

The errors I was getting this morning on your site were "mySQL Too many connection" errors. Hardly a question of disk or CPU. Maybe more RAM.

Edited by Butterfly