Getting Back To Thailand. My Goal.

ObsessiveAddict

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an ED visa to learn english perhaps?

I cant speak for anybody else, but i spell wrong on purpose as a strategy to gain points on my karma account, this is how it works:

By spelling incorrect i give you the illusion of being smart, and by doing so i gain karma points, everybody wins! It's almost like a magic trick really.

Or it could be that you simply can't spell but found a sexy way to cover up the fact!

• Like 1

One thing that has bothered me since I became a member here, is the fact.that.the "retiree" crowd doesn't seem to know the definition of "trolling" or being an internet troll. Seriously, get a clue.

bunch.of old people throwing around internet lingo they don't understand. It just makes you look stupid to call OP a troll.....

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Whether the OP is geniune or not does not really matter. Others in that situation might be interested in reading this.

Those who do not wish to read it, please refrain from doing so. Especially please refrain from posting if you have nothing else to say than you are not appreciating this topic. An unfriendly post and a reply have been removed.

And please stay on topic. Open another topic if you want to discuss spelling or grammar.

Old guys who come here after retirement and a failed marriage or two really have little idea what it is like to be young in Thailand. It is not their fault per se, but is reflected in their perspective on all things Thai.

As a young guy, I think the OP should just get on with living his interesting life and rack up as much experience as he can, while he can. Not much he can expect to gain from these pages in my opinion.

Even my own experience of being young in Thailand is of little or no relevance as it was so many years ago and that world no longer exists. Sure the reverse culture shock, the hormonal haze, the heightened emotions, the thrill of adventure, the overwhelming sense of self is not that different I suppose but the specifics have all changed.

I say go for it and enjoy the ride. Even if things don’t work out the way you hope, you will have learned some invaluable life lessons.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

That sounds great, son!

I first came here while in the military about 30 years ago. I fell in love with the place. And I agree, every time I hit US soil after being overseas, I experienced "reverse culture shock.' Pretty amazing huh?

It isn't perfect here...there is good and bad...but you live, learn, and enjoy. If you come here with an open heart, you may never want to leave, or you'll keep coming back!

Hope you are able to realize your goal soon! The best of luck smile.png

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Please don't start the english police off already. The english language police are the worst thing about this forum. This is probably the worst forum on the web for spelling and grammer abuse. What does it matter? Im a native english speaker but i never get upset or peeved by peoples spelling or punctuation mistakes. Relax.

The guys a native english speaker, his english is fine. If people can't understand his language then maybe they should go to english classes.

Read Theblethers "Crimes against TV members."

I cant speak for anybody else, but i spell wrong on purpose as a strategy to gain points on my karma account, this is how it works:

By spelling incorrect i give you the illusion of being smart, and by doing so i gain karma points, everybody wins! It's almost like a magic trick really.

Or it could be that you simply can't spell but found a sexy way to cover up the fact!

Like magic i say! Seems like i'll gain heaps of karma points in this thread.

• Like 1

Like magic i say! Seems like i'll gain heaps of karma points in this thread.

cheesy.gif

Go easy on the kid. Can any of us old farts even remember back when we were 19 and a raging bundle of hormones? I'm not sure WHAT might have happened to me had I come to Thailand when I was 19. I might have been ruined forever.

One inappropriate post has been removed from view. Please keep it civil.

you removed my post....which.was praising member VillageFarang......why?

I don’t get praise very often so I must admit I was sad to see that particular post vanish.biggrin.png

Villagefarang is the bestest ever poster from Chiang Rai, there, happy now.

• Like 1

Sorry villagefarang, it wasn't his praise of you that caused his post to be removed. Per forum rules:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

Seems our member has a problem with age, and will have some time off to think about this.

If members have a specific issue with moderation, PLEASE use the PM function.

One inappropriate post has been removed from view. Please keep it civil.

you removed my post....which.was praising member VillageFarang......why?

I don’t get praise very often so I must admit I was sad to see that particular post vanish.biggrin.png

Villagefarang is the bestest ever poster from Chiang Rai, there, happy now.

Yes I is more happierest now, thank you very many.biggrin.pngYou give me many many “Like This” and I be even bigger happierest. Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

Go easy on the kid. Can any of us old farts even remember back when we were 19 and a raging bundle of hormones? I'm not sure WHAT might have happened to me had I come to Thailand when I was 19. I might have been ruined forever.

Do you know him (the kid)? Why do you think he is 19? For all I know he could be 38 or 45.

I know that 1 human year equals 7 dog years, not sure about troll years though.

Edited by Semper

Yeah go for it man and make sure you keep us posted. Ive pretty much blagged my way through life since i was 18, worked a little played a little.

Theres plenty time for careers later, much later in my case!

• Like 1

Do you know him (the kid)? Why do you think he is 19? For all I know he could be 38 or 45.

I know that 1 human year equals 7 dog years, not sure about troll years though.

Your the one whos trolling me, sir.