Vfs Thailand--Confusing Charges

I'm trying to work out how much I need to pay VFS for processing my wife's application for a Tourist Visa to OZ.

On their home page there seem to be THREE different sets of charges.

We'll refer to the ones listed for Bangkok only:

Courier charges for Normal Visa Applications

These charges include 600 Baht of VFS service fee + courier charge which varies according to the location.

Bangkok

bullet_new.gif 780 Baht for accepting applications only. bullet_new.gif 960 Baht for accepting applications and return of passports & other documents Payment must be by Bank Draft in favour of "VFS (Thailand) Ltd"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then further down the same page it says:

Courier charges for Evidencing of Visa Applications

These charges include 535 Baht of VFS service fee + courier charge which varies according to the location.

Bangkok

bullet_new.gif 715 Baht for accepting applications only. bullet_new.gif

895 Baht for accepting applications and return of passports & other documents Payment must be by Bank Draft in favour of "VFS (Thailand) Ltd"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And across to the right in the step-by-step guide, it says :

VFS Service charge of 600 THB for all visa types and THB 535 (including VAT) for Visa Evidencing per passport is applicable. Additional charges apply for courier services. Payment through credit cards is not accepted by the Australian Visa Application Centre

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the fact that I don't know what an "Evidencing of Visa Application" is, it's all very confusing to have 3 sets of charges.

Can anyone shed light on this, or give a simplified version, please ? My brain hurts. Even the very first sentence at the top of their page is incomplete, leaving me guessing. http://www.vfs-au.ne...pplication.html

They then start talking about a "GDA Centre" but don't explain more. If my wife cannot get time off work and wants to send her application by courier, she certainly can't get to a "GDA centre".

Edited by Latindancer

We have done the tourist visa bit 2 times now.

The courier fee was to have the passport etc sent back to Phrapradaeng where we lived. A bit easier than going to vfs.

Your best off paying cash in there anyway it is only a small amouunt of baht.

If you ever do a spouse visa then it is whole different storey.

Allow 1 week for the tourist visa, don't expect to automaticaly get one i have seen some big mouth australians in vfs after a tourist visa has been refused.

You will only get 3 months not 6 or 12 months

Good Luck

I got a tourist visa last week. I went down fron Ubon and put the application in my self. On top of the visa charge of 3600 baht the aded their fee of 600 Baht and then another 200 Baht to courier it to my house. They will give you a reciept and show you how to track the progress of the aplication on your computer. If every thing is ok with your aplication it will be couriered to you in about 1 week. If they need further information they will telephone you.The main thing is be honest with them because everything they need is probabley on their computer already and they just need to confirm details are correct. Good luck and all the best.

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Just doing our prospective marriage visa and this looked like a good post to ask my question on payments for visa .

If or can she lodges our application at the VFS Phuket ?

And can i pay for visa at Brisbane immigration offfice and email her the receipt . Then she just pay vfs there payment fees ?

Then only need to go to Bangkok for Health and police checks when required ?

Thanks All

^^ Just an 'outside the square' thought for you gd65.

Why not consider a 'Tourist Visa' as the first option.

If your partner has never been to Australia before / seen your culture first hand ... it's an interesting and sometimes a conflicting experience.

I'm sure many here would validate that comment.

The ability to receive a multi-entry 12 month Tourist Visa (maximum stay 3 months at a time) is a relatively simple process.

Thanks Dave

I have done the many trips to Thailand over last year and she has just finished the 3 month tourist visa here.

Is time for the next step for us.

Was just looking for the best payment option and less travel needed for her to BK.

cheers

GD.

• Like 1

Hi gd65,

I recently got my wife,s visa approved mine went like this

Holiday visa 3 mths when she was here we got married we have a son together born in thai

but he has australian citizenship by decent.

we all went back after their initial trip with all the paperwork required and some

and make sure you have everything before you leave oz and copies as well

because you will need them i copied everything 3 times.

Go to Vfs with your paperwork and lodge it pay cash get receipt then ask if you can get police check same day

usually you can , they the police will send it straight to the embassy but you or the missus will have to write the address in english (strange i no) but thats what happened to us.

then wait for the embassy to contact the missus they will phone her to go for a medical we went to bangkok for that not far from the embassy.

they tell you about 10 months so be prepared to wait ours went through in about 5 mths due to flooding in bangkok

last year you must be patient very hard to do but the best option do not hassle them as they do not like it

hope everything goes well for you both,

scotto