Are beaches better in Krabi or Phuket?

Are beaches better in Krabi or Phuket?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone, I have worked in Bangkok for almost a year.

I'm planning to use my annual leave to travel to the beach, but I can't decide whether to go to Krabi or Phuket.

I would like to ask any expats or foreigners who have visited these two places before:

Which city is better in terms of food, price, convenience, etc.?

In Krabi province (Krabi town does not have a beach) there is far less traffic so, with transport, the beaches are far more accessible. Klong Muang, Tubkaek and Pan beach are unpopulated beautiful beaches.

Long beach (Hat Yao) is 10km of empty beach. Railay is beautiful but busy in the season.

No Jet skis, no hawkers, no banana boats make the beaches IMO much better.

Prices are better than Phuket

Virtual absence of naughty night-life is a bonus for some.

Each to their own, but the absence of traffic and the laid-back atmosphere make this a better place for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

OP ...  need to ask again, a more specific question, as Krabi & Phuket (town) are both cities (no beach) and provinces, with multiple beaches.

Yet another new member with 1 post (5 of less)  ... hmm ... is it just me thinking new postings now are to get post / traffic counts up.  

For others here or thinking about coming ... 

Only been to couple Krabi beaches, Ao Nang & Phi Phi (not all beaches on PP), actually been in, and not impressed.   Quite enjoyed most of the popular Phuket beaches, when hardly any, or not so many tourist have been there.

Wouldn't return to Phuket beaches, too touristy, too many, which increases the fecal count to the point of not wanting to go in..   During covid, they were simply bliss, and we were there quite often during the 2 high seasons of no tourist.  Surprisingly Ao Nang still wasn't that nice.

That said, we didn't stay at other Krabi  beaches.  Surely the Railay beaches are excellent without tourist, along with many others.  Nong Thale side (west Krabi) were beautiful to look at, though not sure about the beach, sand & swimmability.  

It's all a bit relative, looking at, or swimming in, and amenities you desire when there.  Both excellent, if not swimming in and can tolerate the crowds at the popular locations.

Edited by KhunLA

Well, Krabi (do you mean Krabi Province or Krabi town) is not a city and cannot easily be compared with Phuket that has much more going for it in the form of restaurants, night life and shopping and decidedly more expensive. Are you planning only going to beaches?

Have a two-centre holiday and choose for the longer time in the place that suits you.

It also matters if you are alone or with a partner or even a family that may determine the suitability of the places - and of course when you plan to go!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Stick with Phuket.

Stay in Kamala or Karon.

have fun!

I'd go with Kamala, for R&R.  Kata if wanting a bit busier.  Patong is over OTT for me.  The very southern end of the Cape, around NaiHarn & Yanui is nice also

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'd go with Kamala, for R&R.  Kata if wanting a bit busier.  Patong is over OTT for me.  The very southern end of the Cape, around NaiHarn & Yanui is nice also

Kata Beach & Kata Village. Close enough to all entertainment.  Taxi over Patong and bus into malls in Chalong/Phuket town

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Next to Krabi??

I haven't been there in 20 years, but you could take a songthaew from krabi town to ao nagn for 50 baht. I think it was a 20-30 minute ride.

And from AO nagn you could take a boat to Railey.

But I used to love to stay in Krabi town with numerous cheap guesthouses. I wonder if it has changed much.

Edited by Celsius