I Just Met This Girl

AnotherOneAmerican

So I came over to Thailand after a messy divorce in the US.

Met this amazing girl in a coffee shop in Bangkok, then spent a marvelous two weeks with her.

Never experienced anything like this before, am planning to sell my house in Maine, and come back to be with her.

I thought I was well past the 'falling in love' part of my life at 63, but this beautiful 24 year old woman loves me and I love her.

What I was wondering is, should I move to Bangkok, or is there somewhere else better for me to live.

Never really been outside of the US before.

(Going back to the US next week)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T marry her, 24 is a bit old for a 63 yr old who says "Never really been outside of the US before.".

Visit some more coffee shops, plenty of young Thai girls dreaming of meeting over 60 year old foreigners.

OR.. Is it a TROLL post ???

• Like 1

quote / What I was wondering is, should I move to Bangkok, or is there somewhere else better for me to live. / end quote.

An old peoples home......your obviously losing your marbles. I smell troll too.

• Like 1

quote / What I was wondering is, should I move to Bangkok, or is there somewhere else better for me to live. / end quote.

An old peoples home......your obviously losing your marbles. I smell troll too.

Let's be fair to the OP though. It is very difficult to meet women in Thailand. He must be a very very Handsum Man.

• Like 1

22 replies, none of them about where to live, apart from Mr. Canada who I believe was joking.

1 moderator reply, having remove who knows what.

Are the posters on this forum really so unhelpful?

Quite disgraceful!

I would have thought some people here would have some idea of a nice place to live.

Was it my fault, let me be more specific.

Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.

Not too rural, where I could buy or build a house for 4-10Mbht on a few rai of land, money is not really a problem.

Could I have some serious suggestions from people who live in places like this

• Like 1

Bangkok is overrated, good for falling in love and enjoying a coffee.

Why not try somewhere else to while away the years with your new found teerak? From your post, you might be suited to Southern Thailand. Hat Yai is a big city and plenty of action in surrounding provinces to keep you on your toes.

• Like 2

I'm a bit upset. I told you a good place to live. giggle.gif

Being serious, i always thought the advice about have a place back in your homeland, a very good idea. Having that bit of a safety net. Then if the worst happens and you get cleaned out, you have at least that left.

Do you realise that you do not own the house in Thailand, your Thai girlfriend / wife does. If anything happens, it's gone. You can own a condo.

Edited by dean999

Here's your sensible reply. Leave your house in the States alone. Rent a place for a year or two. Proceed with caution.

Sorry Dean, went out shopping, leaving my PC on this page.

Bookman, Hat Yai sounds interesting.

Smokie, thanks for your suggestion but currently my US taxes (state and property) are approx $300,000 a year.

Just leaving the house would cost me a large amount, as I would still have to pay those taxes.

I think it would be better to buy a house outright over here.

Well I never!

I went into a noodle bar the other day and you'll never guess what happened to me..........she was 28 and I knew she was the real deal beacuse she said "You handsome man!"