I Just Met This Girl

AnotherOneAmerican

In another 6 years she will be over the hill already, so I would suggest renting until some new models come on the market. Just because you are getting older doesn’t mean your girlfriends need to.

Cannot agree with that! mine is 43 and still looks about 28, figure, looks, the lot ! and that is'nt only my opinion.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote / What I was wondering is, should I move to Bangkok, or is there somewhere else better for me to live. / end quote.

An old peoples home......your obviously losing your marbles. I smell troll too.

Let's be fair to the OP though. It is very difficult to meet women in Thailand. He must be a very very Handsum Man.

yeh ! speshully in a coffee shop.

Bangkok is overrated, good for falling in love and enjoying a coffee.

Why not try somewhere else to while away the years with your new found teerak? From your post, you might be suited to Southern Thailand. Hat Yai is a big city and plenty of action in surrounding provinces to keep you on your toes.

ha ha ha ha .....bastard!

• Like 1

I'm becoming increasingly confused by some of the replies to my post.

You say I can't own a house or land, but no indication why this is not possible.

Neither have I suggested I was going to get married or to buy the girl a house.

One of the reasons I wanted to come to Thailand is that my mother was Thai.

My father met her when he was working as a Marine in the US Embassy shortly after WWI.

After his tour of duty they moved to the States where I was born.

I have never been to Thailand before but I still have my mothers (now deceased) Thai passport, her Thai birth certificate, and my Thai birth certificate somewhere.

If you are not yet a Thai citizen, then you cannot own land. Buy land in her name then you can own the house you build.

Invest the money from the sale of your house in a coffee shop for her, you'll make a fortune. If that doesn't tempt you buy a bar.

I didn't accumulate my money by giving it away to anyone. If I buy a house or a business it will be in my name.

(Nor did I lose much money in my divorce, the messy bit was to do with betrayal and false friends, and nasty accusations)

I'm just looking for advice on where to live in Thailand, thank you. Oh, and I don't like bars too much.

Whats the big hurry with everything, just get about and see for yourself. What someone else tells you does not necessarily suite you. I have friends happily living in Issan, but i prefer the south, get it ?

It's better to move back up country with her so you can better take care of the family's ailing water buffalo.

Sinsod should be no less than 1 million Baht and 10baht of gold. You can substitute this with a new pick up truck, tractor, and 5 buffalo and a 10 cases of JW Black.

Also, thai girls tend to have brothers who come over and spend time with them when you are not around, so no worries about her being lonely!

• Like 2

You say I can't own a house or land, but no indication why this is not possible.

Neither have I suggested I was going to get married or to buy the girl a house.

One of the reasons I wanted to come to Thailand is that my mother was Thai.

My father met her when he was working as a Marine in the US Embassy shortly after WWI.

I have never been to Thailand before but I still have my mothers (now deceased) Thai passport, her Thai birth certificate, and my Thai birth certificate somewhere.

World War I?

Your father and mother must have been about 85 when you were born

This is amusing. So you were born in the US? So how on Earth can you have a Thai birth certificate?

You don't have to be born in Thailand, but one of your parents must be Thai, then you can have a Thai passport.

Posted from my Galaxy Nexus.

Yes, you can apply for a Thai passport, BUT if you want to have dual citizenship, you must apply for this BEFORE your 18th birthday, otherwise you forfeight your Thai citizenship as the OP obviously did (as he is an American). Therefore good luck with all the paperwork to be produced, specially validating / approving 60 year old documents...

look here... http://www.multiplec...s_THAILAND.html

I find this Nationality thing all rather confusing,my Daughter,who is English /Thai,has in her Thai Passport: Nationality: Thai,and on her Thai Birth Certificate: Thai Citizen. And on her British Birth Certificate: British Citizen,and in her British Passport: British Citizen.

In spite of years of rumours, reputedly to having to decide which Nationality they wish to choose,when they are Adults,as I understand it the UK has never made anyone choose which Nationality they want to be,(or revoked a Passport)

And up to date I don't know of any instance when Thailand has forced anyone to choose either,so is this rule like many others in Thailand not enforced? even though in your link it appears to be statutory?

Perhaps America has different rules? or someone knows something that I don't???

Edited by MAJIC

This is simply tragic. I feel for the Op.

It appears as though this is a troll of idiotic proportions. However, I doubt that anyone attempting to troll would do so in such an obvious manner. I therefor have to assume that the Op may be genuine. In which case this is even more tragic.

OP: When you were 24, how many 60+ women were you attracted to ?

Under what circumstances would you date a 60+ woman?, and if she gave up her life aboard because of you, exactly how much respect would you have for her?.

If you need to sell your property for tax purposes, keep the money safe and invest it.

Buying any new property at your age would prove daft, you’ll will have sadly passed before you can realise any investment potential. There really is no need to tie yourself down in your twilight years, what could you hope to gain?.

The best advice you can receive on this forum is RENT, there are plenty of highly desirable places around to live in, it appears you can afford them.

If you are less naive than your opening post suggest you will learn from your experience of living here. Anyone with a dash of common sense should know that a 24 year old cannot fall in love with a 60+ year old - your suggestion otherwise does have a savant’ish air about it.

Where to live ? That’s possibly the sole reason why renting is the only intelligent option until you can decide.

Why can't she fall in love? Women are into wallets, not looks. Sex doesn't interest them.

Why can't she fall in love? Women are into wallets, not looks. Sex doesn't interest them.

How we laughed at this...cheesy.gif

sorry.gif

Laugh about what? It's how all relationships work. You won't find a married homeless guy.

sorry.gif

Laugh about what? It's how all relationships work. You won't find a married homeless guy.

Sobering thought that. Mind you there'd be a bit more to it than that I think...

sorry.gif

Sobering thought that. Mind you there'd be a bit more to it than that I think...

It's how it's worked out for him smokie. Therefore it must be the same for everybody else.

You can own the house but not the land. Only a Thai can own land in Thailand.

This is good material for the 10 Commandments thread biggrin.png

Perhaps he's just a very naughty boy.

Where to live ? That’s possibly the sole reason why renting is the only intelligent option until you can decide.

So where do you suggest I rent?

This will be my first time living outside the US, so I don't have much of a clue where to start.

Which is why I started this topic, not that I have had much in the way of sensible answers.

Many new to Thailand have chosen to rent a condaminium (apartment) in Pattaya.

Be sure to get a high floor though.

Problem solved for us and you ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

One final point; if your girlfriend insists on having a picture of a male on the bedside table, only ask about it once, just to make sure. It is likely a picture of the gf before the operation, they do have regrets sometimes.

It could be a picture of her 'brother'.

• Like 1

World War I?

Sorry for the typo, WWII of course.

Pattaya, no thanks heard of it and not really into places with girls of that sort.

So far two sensible suggestions, Hat Yai and Chiang Mai, thanks for those.

One hundred and forty odd silly replies, would one of the forum moderators care to delete all of those?

I met her at Starbucks.

One hundred and forty odd silly replies, would one of the forum moderators care to delete all of those?

Surely you can see that you brought this upon yourself. If you had left the "girl" part out and just focused on where to live based on your criteria, that would be fine. But you didn't. Heck, the title of this thread is "I just met this girl, my first trip to Thailand!" <deleted>? Boasting perhaps? And the fact that you're 60+ and she's 24....dude, this happens every freakin day. And you actually believe that she loves you after 2 weeks together? That's why most everyone thinks you're just jerkin-our-chain (hence the term "troll"). If you're for reals, then you're just another in a long line of victims or soon-to-be victims. As far as places to live? Honestly, only you know what you want so why not come out to several places for a month or two each? Pattaya, Phuket, BKK, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, or others in between. There are also community forums on TV for each of these places--why not talk to the folks actually living there? It's like me asking the readership what kind of car I should buy. Personal taste, isn't it?

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 2

One final point; if your girlfriend insists on having a picture of a male on the bedside table, only ask about it once, just to make sure. It is likely a picture of the gf before the operation, they do have regrets sometimes.

It could be a picture of her 'brother'.

biggrin.png

Purely out of interest, which coffee shop was this?

The one with the band playing outside and the sign that says "Welcome to Thailand, single over 60's only, preferably first timers"

World War I?

Pattaya, no thanks heard of it and not really into places with girls of that sort.

I met her at Starbucks.

Thought you said a coffee shop?

World War I?

I met her at Starbucks.

Thought you said a coffee shop?

:lol:

@AnotherOneAmerican

If indeed this is not a troll post, please disregard all my previous posts.

If you are in fact genuine and the facts you have presented about your situation in the States are correct, please, please, please tell me what line of work you were in that would entail no research before making life altering changes besides seeking advice from an internet forum?

There still could be hope for me after all.

Edited by chrisinth