Tropical Fish Markets

kevc

If you'll post back your specific requirement, perhaps someone will know where to find it in BKK.

Not meaning to be too snarky- You may also try the other tropical fish markets in Chatuchak.

Every time I wander around there, especially in the pets and fish section(s), I find shops I hadn't found on previous visits. Last week, I found 2 adult northern pike- and I would have remembered them had I seen them before. Seriously, I think it would take 3 or 4 serious visits to find everything- and that's assuming you really crawl up and down through the maze.

Looking for a Gold Dragon fish "Mangon Tong On" or Arowana, I'm looking for the type with the long fins the ones that do look like a dragon but all I can find are silver. Lots of the other style with the shorter fins at really amazing prices.

Seen one up home in Buriram about six inches long for 2,000 baht but thought I'd look around Bangkok while I'm here.

Cheers,

There are a few Arowana dealers at Chatuchak, one in particular has some spectacular fish. I suggest you go for another walk around. Also worth noting that the fish section is open all week, not just weekends. There are far fewer people during the week.

Thanks for the interest I've got till next Tuesday so think I'll go back then and have another look around, not looking to spend a fortune about 2,000 baht or so for a small one if not I'll buy the one up home,

One shop I asked had a 12 inch approx Golden Arowana (the variety I didn't want) asked him the price and he put 850 on the calculator me debating whether to buy it or not confirmed the price in Thai with him to which he replied no no 85,500 baht........three steps back from the fish tank and mind your step out the door.

It could be that prices in BKK are higher than Buriram, although not 40 times higher. I don't know much about Arowana but I would assume a "rare" one with good coloration would cost several thousand baht easy.