House And Contents Insurance Phayao

ripstanley

I am presently building a house near Phayao. I have tried to contact insurance companies re home insurance.. I need building and contents insurance. I have contacted QBE but no response. Has anyone got a good insurance company or broker I can contact

Insurance companies are reviewing their cover ... we looked at changing but the new company didn't cover earthquake so we stayed as we were. Two companies come to mind AIG ...which I think is now Chartis and AIS. I found that earthquake cover could be got at an increased price ,,, so read the small print very carefully.

• 4 months later...

Insurance companies are reviewing their cover ... we looked at changing but the new company didn't cover earthquake so we stayed as we were. Two companies come to mind AIG ...which I think is now Chartis and AIS. I found that earthquake cover could be got at an increased price ,,, so read the small print very carefully.

SCB have declined to renew our builings insurance in Bangkok. They quoted that they have moved out of that market following the floods (not that our house was affected). Any recommendations?

Also does anyone know of am insurance company that will cover a wooden house upcountry? One of those small teak pre-assembled jobs.

Thanks.

SCB have declined to renew our builings insurance in Bangkok. They quoted that they have moved out of that market following the floods (not that our house was affected). Any recommendations?

Also does anyone know of am insurance company that will cover a wooden house upcountry? One of those small teak pre-assembled jobs.

Thanks.

I eventually got mine through Tesco Lotus. They use Chartis. I noticed that they would insure a wooden house but the premium was about 2.5 times what the concrete houses were.