Thai Traffic Kills Another Swede

webfact

Rue the day, my friend, rue the day. ANYONE who choses to drive by an accident scene is no good. you will learn this the hard way. maybe not today but sometime. if you cant see the irresponsibility in this.......... then you are made for one another. first impressions last..... you must be familiar with this. have a good life, not gonna be good with someone as heartless as this around you. at a guess I would say you are English. Pussy whipped and you are the bitch in this relationship. I could be wrong. unlikely............. but I could be right.

I love how people are so quick to be so patronising and big on this forum and yet everytime I talk to any farang here in real life they are usually the meekest people Ive met in the world. I always think that if you have to come to a forum to inflate your ego by talking down to strangers about things you know and understand nothing about then there is probably something missing in your real life that you are trying to compensate for which is why you are trying to make such a big statement right now you sad pathetic little man. Jog on Mr Meek.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what u are saying is that poverty leads to theft, murder and dishonesty? If then why do some of the richest Thais behave in this way and many poor do not. I completely disagree with your notion. Some of the most honest Thais I have met have been poor and have read the opposite for the ruling elite in this country.

May I suggest that you take a comprehensive reading comprehension course?

what are you typing about ? you uneducated, non-articulate person. make sense or shut the hell up.

Thai Rak Thai is a joke. I've seen families tear themselves apart over stealing land and money from each other. Thailand isn't a failed state, but it is a failed society.

Are you sure that "stealing land and money from each other" doesn't happen 'back home' - wherever that may be in your case.

It must also happen, but never from personal experience or close encounters. Considering the relatively shorter time I've spent in Thailand and the much more limited experiences I have with people here, I'm surprised at how low people will go to get all they can.

One possible explanation for Thai being "always after money" - as perceived by many non-Thai - is that, unlike western countries, Thailand is not a welfare state, which means many people have to "fight" for their subsistence.

So lack of funds gives you a license to be irresponsible. think b4 u type you TIT.

Edited by thequietman

This thread started with a poor Swedish man getting killed in a trafficaccident. RIP.

And as usual the thread got derailed with the usual Thai-bashing, nonrelevant stories from the posters pathetic lives and false statistics. Sometimes I wonder, what kind of life the posters here live, if the most exiting things happened to them are their small fights (victorius ofcourse) with the local BIB or insurancecompany. "But then I told him!!!

and another time a coward driver flee the scene ..... is it local practice to refuse to face your responsibilities?

You have been here 20 years and you need to ask that? Ive been here only a few years and knew the answer long ago.

A few months ago my gf's cousin and two children were killed by a drunk driver who wrecked his car so badly that his friends picked him in their own car to flee the scene as he left at least two of the victims to die in the road who probably wouldve survived if they had received any medical treatment. My gf was devasted by the loss and furious at the guy for being so irresponsible.

A few days ago we are driving through the countryside and we come upon what looks like the result of a hit and run so I slow down to investigiate and help if needed. Straight away I was yelled at not to stop and help as if it was an accident I would be the one to blame for everything.

Fortunately when we drove past turns out it was just some rubbish that had been scattered across the road next to skid marks from a past accident.

So there is your answer.

if your partner told you to drive on, then that should be your cue to move on. this heartless person will walk away from you some day when you are hurt or injured. probably from their hand. angry.png

Wow thanks for solving my whole life for me based on one story about someone you know nothing about. Just another example of a loser on TV who thinks he knows it all and preaches from his keyboard.

He makes a very valid point, though. Well, the first part anyway. Your wife yells at you to not stop and render assistance for a possible accident victim . . . even in Thailand you should stop, having enough witnesses to say you didn't do it.

This 'going native' attitude is quite disturbing.

• Like 2

Rue the day, my friend, rue the day. ANYONE who choses to drive by an accident scene is no good. you will learn this the hard way. maybe not today but sometime. if you cant see the irresponsibility in this.......... then you are made for one another. first impressions last..... you must be familiar with this. have a good life, not gonna be good with someone as heartless as this around you. at a guess I would say you are English. Pussy whipped and you are the bitch in this relationship. I could be wrong. unlikely............. but I could be right.

I love how people are so quick to be so patronising and big on this forum and yet everytime I talk to any farang here in real life they are usually the meekest people Ive met in the world. I always think that if you have to come to a forum to inflate your ego by talking down to strangers about things you know and understand nothing about then there is probably something missing in your real life that you are trying to compensate for which is why you are trying to make such a big statement right now you sad pathetic little man. Jog on Mr Meek.

so, are you English.......... or what ?

by talking down to strangers about things you know and understand nothing about. (quote)

so you are saying I know what I,m talking about. you really are pussy whipped. make sure you ask your partner is it ok to reply to the nasty man. she is a sure stature of the people where you reside. "don,t stop, <deleted>#k em, they may be dying on the road and we may be able to help.............. buts whats in it for us. Disgusting. enjoy ur life you irresponsible fool.

• Like 1

by talking down to strangers about things you know and understand nothing about. (quote)

so you are saying I know what I,m talking about. you really are pussy whipped. make sure you ask your partner is it ok to reply to the nasty man. she is a sure stature of the people where you reside. "don,t stop, <deleted>#k em, they may be dying on the road and we may be able to help.............. buts whats in it for us. Disgusting. enjoy ur life you irresponsible fool.

I dont know if you are drunk or illiterate but if you want Ill let you have another go at reading my previous reply and then you can try to come back with something relevant or at least something that actually relates to something I said.

^ He has, but you refuse to acknowledge that.

He says that you are pussy-whipped because you stepped on the gas pedal to get the hell away from a potential accident victim because your wife yelled at you to do so. You failed to render possible assistance to someone in need, instead you went troppo and did as the natives do.

I hope you're proud of yourself . . . now just imagine there was someone there who had had an accident. Food for thought, perhaps, in case it may be you one day and everyone just zooms past you.

(In case you'd like to make fun of the poster's level of English - we have a whole thread on that type of misplaced arrogance - or you could try to converse with him in his language . . . nah, you couldn't, could you!)

No, I said I was slowing down getting ready to aid, just like I aided a teenage boy who was fatally hit and run in Phuket a few months ago. It was only when we got close enough to see it wasnt an accident that I didnt stop.

You know me, right?

Perhaps you missed the whole point of the stories.

I dont know if you are drunk or illiterate but if you want Ill let you have another go at reading my previous reply and then you can try to come back with something relevant or at least something that actually relates to something I said.

I would suggest that you, sir, are some what illiterate. I'll has a comma. Do not assume lack of education suggests lack of caring. i am not drunk and I am, most definitely, not illiterate. I do however care about the value of life. You, obviously, do not.

• Like 1

He says that you are pussy-whipped because you stepped on the gas pedal to get the hell away from a potential accident victim because your wife yelled at you to do so. You failed to render possible assistance to someone in need, instead you went troppo and did as the natives do.

I hope you're proud of yourself . . . now just imagine there was someone there who had had an accident. Food for thought, perhaps, in case it may be you one day and everyone just zooms past you.

(In case you'd like to make fun of the poster's level of English - we have a whole thread on that type of misplaced arrogance - or you could try to converse with him in his language . . . nah, you couldn't, could you!)

No, I said I was slowing down getting ready to aid, just like I aided a teenage boy who was fatally hit and run in Phuket a few months ago. It was only when we got close enough to see it wasnt an accident that I didnt stop.

You know me, right?

Thats it, back pedal. Quit while you are behind. You clearly stated that your girlfriend said to keep going. you only realised it was trash until you passed by. Passed by - not stopping. When you are lying at the side of the road ( I hope it never happens to you) and bleeding from every orifice and you have that blank stare in your eyes when you are passing away. Will you think to yourself, " why don,t they help me'? or will you think............... "I understand, they don,t want to stop incase they are accused of being at fault. Its perfectly understandable." Ah well, mai pen rai, eh ? violin.gif

Edited by thequietman
  • Like 1

You know me, right?

Not quite:

A few days ago we are driving through the countryside and we come upon what looks like the result of a hit and run so I slow down to investigiate and help if needed. Straight away I was yelled at not to stop and help as if it was an accident I would be the one to blame for everything.

Fortunately when we drove past turns out it was just some rubbish that had been scattered across the road next to skid marks from a past accident.

Yes, you did say you were slowing down to investigate, but your wife yelled at you not to and you kept driving . . . hence your last sentence.

Instead of being condescending towards thequietman's English you should re-read exactly what you wrote.

First off please learn to use quotes, its a bit of a chore trying to fix them for you each time I reply.

Regardless of all the petty shots, see above.

Although I do think it's amusing how desperately you are trying to argue with me about anything you think you can find on me.

First off please learn to use quotes, its a bit of a chore trying to fix them for you each time I reply.

Although I do think it's amusing how desperately you are trying to argue with me about anything you think you can find on me.

Ah, nice try at obfuscation . . . the quote function . . . I guess you can now relax, knowing that any points made are redundant because you find an objectionable use of the quote function.

Oh, by the way . . . your last sentence . . . huh.png But yes . . . another nice try at obfuscation.

Oh look . . . Bubbles!

Ah, nice try at obfuscation . . . the quote function . . . I guess you can now relax, knowing that any points made are redundant because you find an objectionable use of the quote function.

Oh, by the way . . . your last sentence . . . huh.png But yes . . . another nice try at obfuscation.

Oh look . . . Bubbles!

That actually wasnt aimed at you but unfortunately I ballsed up the quote function myself by deleting too much of my reply and not being botheted to go back and do it all again.

Sir, please try to understand. I do not need to find anything about your kind self. You are plainly an inconsiderate, selfish person, who follows his partners way of thinking. You no longer think about other people, other than yourself. If you cannot see the wrong in driving past an accident scene and not assisting, then you are too far gone for any assistance also. However, be sure in the knowledge, that if you ever have an accident and are in need of assistance, I will be there for you. I won't drive by. My wife would never suggest that I do so and I would never think about that, even for a moment, not to stop and assist. Be safe.

Edited by thequietman

Sir, please try to understand. I do not need to find anything about your kind self. You are plainly an inconsiderate, selfish person, who follows his partners way of thinking. You no longer think about other people, other than yourself. If you cannot see the wrong in driving past an accident scene and not assisting, then you are too far gone for any assistance also. However, be sure in the knowledge, that if you ever have an accident and are in need of assistance, I will be there for you. I won't drive by. My wife would never suggest that I do so and I would never think about that, even for a moment, not to stop and assist. Be safe.

Yes, you know my life, my profession and you are exactly right with everything you have deduced from just one sentence. Congratulations. You you win forum wars and you will be crowned General Topics Troll if the Week. Thanks for a productive use of both of our time.

Yes, you know my life, my profession and you are exactly right with everything you have deduced from just one sentence. Congratulations. You you win forum wars and you will be crowned General Topics Troll if the Week. Thanks for a productive use of both of our time.

Can,t go without correcting your terrible use of English grammar and spelling. Let me help you.

"Yes, you know my life, my profession and you, (comma) are exactly right with everything you have deduced ( inferred, would be better here) from just one sentence. Congratulations, you ( only 1 will suffice) win the forum wars and you will be crowned, (comma) "general topics troll of (not 'if') the week", thanks for a productive use of both our time.

How is my illiteracy now ? be careful out there, especially (in your case) the roads of Thailand. take care.

Edited by thequietman

Can,t go without correcting your terrible use of English grammar and spelling. Let me help you.

"Yes, you know my life, my profession and you, (comma) are exactly right with everything you have deduced ( inferred, would be better here) from just one sentence. Congratulations, you ( only 1 will suffice) win the forum wars and you will be crowned, (comma) "general topics troll of (not 'if') the week", thanks for a productive use of both our time.

How is my illiteracy now ? be careful out there, especially (in your case) the roads of Thailand. take care.

Absolutely pathetic. This is seriously how you spend your days??

What a waste of life you are, you sad excuse for a man.

Lots of Thai bashing, not seen anything to suggest it was a Thai driver. I drive a pick-up, could just as easily been a non-Thai....

Yes I agree with you. Although I have had trouble and some close calls with thai drivers I have had more with the few farang drivers that i've run across. To me anymore any driver on the road is a threat to me and my wife's well being.

It is sad to say but Thais are very devious. Stopping to help someone in distress is now regarded as a stupid thing to do. Many roadside breakdowns are not what they seem but just a lure to snare the unwary. I now stop for no one in the countryside even the police unless there is a large team of them.

and another time a coward driver flee the scene ..... is it local practice to refuse to face your responsibilities?

You have been here 20 years and you need to ask that? Ive been here only a few years and knew the answer long ago.

A few months ago my gf's cousin and two children were killed by a drunk driver who wrecked his car so badly that his friends picked him in their own car to flee the scene as he left at least two of the victims to die in the road who probably wouldve survived if they had received any medical treatment. My gf was devasted by the loss and furious at the guy for being so irresponsible.

So there is your answer.

if your partner told you to drive on, then that should be your cue to move on. this heartless person will walk away from you some day when you are hurt or injured. probably from their hand. angry.png

Good Thinking

It is sad to say but Thais are very devious. Stopping to help someone in distress is now regarded as a stupid thing to do. Many roadside breakdowns are not what they seem but just a lure to snare the unwary. I now stop for no one in the countryside even the police unless there is a large team of them.

The Thais will stop , but not for the reason you think.....The wife of a friend of mine had an accident with her pickup truck in Phuket. She was knocked unconscious, and hanging upside down in the crashed truck. Somebody came, robbed her of every valuable, and left her there alone.......

• Like 1

Thailand needs to get really serious about their driving laws. If a driver in an accident leaves the scene and he is found to have caused the accident, the penalty should be magnified at least three-fold. In more advanced countries that is called "hit-and-run" and there are additional penalties for doing that. Drivers also should be required to have liability insurance.

• Like 1

Thai drivers seem to have no respect at all for riders of motorbikes. Why? Because if there's an accident, they can always carry on driving. Too many people here have no consideration for the well-being of others. Thai Rak Thai is a joke. I've seen families tear themselves apart over stealing land and money from each other. Thailand isn't a failed state, but it is a failed society.

The problem is the chang , whiskey and no insurance for most.

I've been told many times (I assume it's true) that the smaller vehicle is always right no matter what actually happened so the car pays. So people do avoid them even when they are riding like idiots, so thats most motorbikes.

The car/pick up drivers pissed up and with no insurance are likely to run instead of paying. People with newer cars who have insured them are careful to avoid the motorbikes knowing most while riding them are stupid and it will just cost them money if they crash.

Until people in this country take responsibility for their actions or are made to nothing will change, but with laws like the above(if true) why would it ? Do what you like and someone else will pay for you even though it's caused by your own stupidity and usually drunkness.

Within 5 minutes of each other at the petrol station early this week one coach comes in driving like Lewis Hamilton, pulls up for petrol and gets out barely able to stand up with can of chang in hand shortly followed by a pick up driver who gets out and starts going round his pick up inspecting the suspension. Once he got back up it was easy to work out what he was doing. He thought the pick up was swaying. It wasn't the pick up that was swaying from side to side, it was him.

RIP>

It's not a law that the bigger vehicle in any collision is at fault, but a cultural custom. If you have the evidence and the witnesses to back you up in court that you are in the right, and if the court is fair and uncorrupt, you will win the case.

But those are big ifs, and most collision cases don't go to court but are settled on the spot, where everybody including the police follows cultural custom, not the law. Except for you, the farang, who is left speechless at the unfairness of it all.

it is a culture thing, but its more to do with fairness, thais think/believe if you have a car , you can afford to pay for the motorbike.

Edited by osiboy

The Thais will stop , but not for the reason you think.....The wife of a friend of mine had an accident with her pickup truck in Phuket. She was knocked unconscious, and hanging upside down in the crashed truck. Somebody came, robbed her of every valuable, and left her there alone.......

Yes, right.

You remember the story from 2010 or 2011?

Phuket Highway, Cathay Pacific Pilot stops his Harley on the roadside to answer his GF call.

During the talking, a Motorbike with two Thais has an accident and bumps in the Pilot, hitting his leg so hard, it had to be amputated partly, short time later.

A Thai stopped and talked to the still online on the Mobile hanging GF, tells her where the accident is. She could call the ambulance so and guide her, good.

But, the Mobile, I would think a good one from an International Pilot, was never seen again. ;-)

Edited by ALFREDO

Bet you wished you had never asked to lock that other thread now santisuk!

Now family and friends of the deceased who are searching for information can read this complete pile of dog poo written by a complete mob of jerk.gif instead. angry.png

• Like 1

and another time a coward driver flee the scene ..... is it local practice to refuse to face your responsibilities ? Thai drivers think they are the best in the world , in a country where no one go to school for that purpose these daily accidents don't surprise me . Thai road are deadly , just be aware of this reality. I have been driving 20 years here and have seen so many mistakes , over speeding , racing between buses , ignorance of international traffic regulation etc ...etc .. the list is too long .

as for leaving the scene of an accident, it IS a thai custom! been here forty years and it happens every time!