Air Asia From Don Muang ?

songhklasid

To me , it is all too simple, you hear swampy is to congested, so why not make D.M. home to all L.C.C. Air ASia could do short hop international, same for nok-air, bangkok airways & orient thai could all easily manage from don muang, leaving thai airways with tourist spot domestic transfers such as phuket, chaing-mai from swampy.Probably makes to much common sense for thai authorities.

regards songhklasid.WPFflags.gif

But what if you are using a domestic flight with AA then connecting to another carrier, you have to change airports, the same in reverse of course.

I suspect the Thai authoritities and AA managment have already considered it and decided the current arrangement makes sense, it does to me anyway.

Stay at BKK. It used to be a real pain transferring between airports. It also increases travelling time.

Much better transferring from international long haul to domestic at the same site.

But what if you are using a domestic flight with AA then connecting to another carrier, you have to change airports, the same in reverse of course.

I suspect the Thai authoritities and AA managment have already considered it and decided the current arrangement makes sense, it does to me anyway.

In Japan, Haneda was the International airport, then Narita was built and Haneda became the "domestic" terminal. To get there, they had buses and you bought a ticket for the hour+ ride.

Now, Japan has so much traffic, Haneda is back to being an International airport once again.

Same thing could be done with DMK.

In Japan, Haneda was the International airport, then Narita was built and Haneda became the "domestic" terminal. To get there, they had buses and you bought a ticket for the hour+ ride.

Now, Japan has so much traffic, Haneda is back to being an International airport once again.

Same thing could be done with DMK.

Agreed and London just opened a 6th airport this week, so we have Heathrow, Stansted, Gatwick, Luton, London City & London Southend

Send the Russians to Don Muang.

Only joking, although the more I think about it, they are one of the few high volume (boy are they high volume), mostly single Thai destination users, of Swampy. Put on a regular bus service to Pattaya/Jomtien and Bob's your uncle.

[For non Brit linguists "Bob's your uncle" is a curious (probably very old fashioned now) expression meaning "success!" or "it works!"]

I read in todays bangkok post that's just what there looking at, spend big dollars on don muang to bring it up to scratch, lower fees to attract more airlines, all u need is a designated express bus shuttle between the 2 airports, if you flew in from another country on air asia you woudn't have to transfer, bring it on.

regards songhklasid.WPFflags.gif

That's why I avoid ever going to London,, i live in the south of Portugal and i do the monsoon run to Portugal

i hate London full stop, i go Bangkok, Berlin, Faro in Portugal and i'm home, travel is getting to be a real pain

in the neck, i remember going Swampy to Don Muang, although there are free busses, the congestion is still

an issue, i remember reading a post from a nice person who said "What about priority Bus Lanes between

both Airports" sorry for writing that, i should have known better, i remember what country im in now.

Send the Russians to Don Muang.

Only joking, although the more I think about it, they are one of the few high volume (boy are they high volume), mostly single Thai destination users, of Swampy. Put on a regular bus service to Pattaya/Jomtien and Bob's your uncle.

[For non Brit linguists "Bob's your uncle" is a curious (probably very old fashioned now) expression meaning "success!" or "it works!"]

You know, now that i think about it you are 100% correct and what a business venture it would be,, in Pattaya and Jomtien the Russians are building skyscrapers at an alarming rate and someone has to fill them,, think about it, thousands of Ruskis with only one destination, great idea, someone will make a lot of money out of this,, probably the Russians.

Now that this has been announced formally, does anyone know when or if it will actually happen? I have an international to domestic connection booked in June, with the domestic flight on Air Asia. If Air Asia moves to the old airport then I'm definitely going to lose the 1100 baht I paid for the ticket and will have to buy a new one. Haven't heard anything from Air Asia yet on a change of airports.

I was at the airport (Swampy) yesterday 16/03/12 and asked the same question and i was told only the budget Airlines were going and already there, Nok Air, and Bangkok Air,, Air Asia were goign to stay in Swampy (for now at least)

Yeah it's only talk @ this stage,but if your'e been to the LCC terminal @ kuala lumpar, It's all air asia international & domestic, I do remember interest from A.A. last year on moving to don muang before the flood issues & goverment woo's to relocate, Don't get me wrong, I don't particually like A.A. (I would rather fly nok ) but the convenience of it all seem's a no-brainer.

regards songhklasidWPFflags.gif

The most sensible idea would be to demolish DM and build a new Airport on the same site up to international standards (better than Swampy) and use it for International and Domestic. In my opinion all Airports should be able to cope with all routes and Bangkok needs two Airports doing this if one cannot cope. Of course; this should have all been thought of in the planning of Swampy, which should be twice the size it is now !

Yeah it's only talk @ this stage,but if your'e been to the LCC terminal @ kuala lumpar, It's all air asia international & domestic, I do remember interest from A.A. last year on moving to don muang before the flood issues & goverment woo's to relocate, Don't get me wrong, I don't particually like A.A. (I would rather fly nok ) but the convenience of it all seem's a no-brainer.

regards songhklasidWPFflags.gif

Don't think they'd want to go there now.

post-51760-0-09034500-1332210764_thumb.j

Beside the problem at Swampy are due to a shortage of immigration officers. So moving international flights to another airport is not going to solve the problem.