Storage Facilities Anywhere In Phuket?

sunluvr

thanks for the quick replies... I thought at first the one at Juncgeylon would be ideal - until I had a look at their rates.. monthly costs from 7-800 baht per m3 for small units from 9-15 m3.. that's more expensive than what I would pay back hime in Canada!! I've emailed the Chalong place for their rates as they arent posted on their website.. maybe better to look for a vacant unfurnished room in the Patong area...

thanks for the quick replies... I thought at first the one at Juncgeylon would be ideal - until I had a look at their rates.. monthly costs from 7-800 baht per m3 for small units from 9-15 m3.. that's more expensive than what I would pay back hime in Canada!! I've emailed the Chalong place for their rates as they arent posted on their website.. maybe better to look for a vacant unfurnished room in the Patong area...

Yes I agree. For that ammount the should include a fan, small fridge, and wifi. Living it up in paradise.

7200 to 12000 baht a month will get you a one bedroom unit

We rented a thai style room in a group in Kathu (on the road circling the golf course) for 2000 a month and kept surplus furniture in it. Was always a little worried about security and there was some water damage and a lot of dust when we retrieved it.

Built a storeroom at my house (cheap) where everything is now held.

We rented a thai style room in a group in Kathu (on the road circling the golf course) for 2000 a month and kept surplus furniture in it. Was always a little worried about security and there was some water damage and a lot of dust when we retrieved it.

Built a storeroom at my house (cheap) where everything is now held.

And that's the problem with cheap storage... There are no de-humidifiers so if you leave your belongings for any length of time - many will be damaged by the moisture.

You get what you pay for and for me it depends on what you are storing and it's value. If you had £10k worth of furniture and electrical appliances for example, you would NOT want to keep it in safeway. If you had an Italian designer couch and a 3k stereo, would you store them in your damp, rusty garden shed?

I have used Safeway to store cheap furniture and didn't have a problem. Anything of any value though and I would be coughing up for the one at Jungceylon.

There are no de-humidifiers so if you leave your belongings for any length of time - many will be damaged by the moisture.

I don't have a dehumidifier in my house and I don't notice any of my belongings being damaged by moisture.

The water damage on our furniture was from water - leaks in the roof or from a window.

There are no de-humidifiers so if you leave your belongings for any length of time - many will be damaged by the moisture.

I don't have a dehumidifier in my house and I don't notice any of my belongings being damaged by moisture.

No - that's 'cos in our homes we open all the windows to ventilate it. Which is why occupied properties do not suffer the same damage from moisture as unoccupied properties. Cheap storage facilities leave the 'unit' locked up, so there is little ventilation.

Edit - I left furniture in a cheap storage facility near Chalong for less than a year. Some of it was unusable but some was OK after washing off the green mold.

Edited by F1fanatic

• 3 months later...