Building And Development Business

Hi would like some information on the above topic and how a farang can go about setting it up, i am not looking to be a big developer just turn over several a year, really just to give me something to do and hopefully cover living costs, i am a builder in my own country and have done a few developments over the years.

Can i hold on to the property for say a year to lessen tax costs?

Im sure you will advise on a company structure thats fine as i want control im not keen to have the girl friend deeply involved, even thought she may well be involved, and we have talked about getting married if it will give me some security with what i will out lay here.

My plan is to buy some land around 1000 sq m or larger where i would build the first house for us to live in, possible 2 at the same time rent one for a year or so if its helpful for tax then sub divide and sell mean while start on the third...once that nears completion begin on the fourth, of course the land needs to be large enough to take 3 or 4 buildings.

I believe from asking a question on developing a block of land in another forum a few years back what i have in mind is pretty much ok.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...