Vw Truck

Was just reading a little about VW's new pickup truck, and I guess they will be offering a "monster" edition with lift kit and and larger tires. Vey little on this other than launched in europe, but will be made in South America. Just wondering if any has made it into Asia yet, if anyone knows?

Sorry, trucks name is Amarok, and not bad looking!

Edited by Backwoods

The Amarok has been on sale in other markets for 2 years or so now. For a while, it was condsidered the best pickup available by many, but now it would appear the concensus is that the new Ranger has taken that title.

VW sent a group of execs on a scoping mission in TH and MY around a year ago, and a few months ago announced that they have no plans to setup shop in Thailand... and there's no suggestions that their MY operations will be doing anything with the Amarok.

In short, it's not on the radar for the region.

Never mind though, it would have been expensive in TH anyway, with a tiny dealer network, and still wouldn't have been as good as a Ranger, so no real loss ;)

The Amarok has been on sale in other markets for 2 years or so now. For a while, it was condsidered the best pickup available by many, but now it would appear the concensus is that the new Ranger has taken that title.

VW sent a group of execs on a scoping mission in TH and MY around a year ago, and a few months ago announced that they have no plans to setup shop in Thailand... and there's no suggestions that their MY operations will be doing anything with the Amarok.

In short, it's not on the radar for the region.

Never mind though, it would have been expensive in TH anyway, with a tiny dealer network, and still wouldn't have been as good as a Ranger, so no real loss wink.png

Read a little more into it, and seems MT only, 4dr only and 2.0 engine??? Base price was listes at $35,000 and top dog was $58,000 all USD!!! Now I'm sorry I ask!

My brother in law has had one on blocks for a least ten years.

10 years? Sure you're not thinking of the Mike Oldfield album fo the same name? wink.png

Pretty sure he means this one..wink.pngsmile.pngtuningVWClubSavoie2005caddypickupbordeaux.jpg

People forgot all about these back when I was racing Golfs and I used the tranny out of one for low end gearing in the modified stock VW class I was in though when no one else considered it and it was great through the corners on the slower tracks gave me good low end torque and gearing and then just switched it out on the top end tracks that needed longer gears..

post-41816-0-76126400-1331452104_thumb.j

8 speed auto is also an option drunk.gif

Where are you finding info on an 8 speed auto?? Every thing I read say Manual only, and very small Turbo deisel 2.0, and made in Argentina

www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-amarok-gets-eight-speed

post-41816-0-76126400-1331452104_thumb.j

8 speed auto is also an option drunk.gif

Where are you finding info on an 8 speed auto?? Every thing I read say Manual only, and very small Turbo deisel 2.0, and made in Argentina

The minor change version with 8-speed ZF and 180HP/420Nm twin-turbo 2.0L TDI is still rolling out - most markets won't see it until mid-2012.

From Bee Wublu Oz

The TDI engine in the Amarok comes in two different formats, both combining outstanding power and increased fuel efficiency. Both engines enjoy impressive fuel consumption figures under 8l/100km.

TDI340

The perfect engine for those looking to combine power and economy. The TDI340 turbocharged engine produces an impressive 340Nm torque, with 90kW of power offering substantial pulling power and significant reductions in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. This engine is available with the 4x2 rear-wheel drive Amarok.

icon_plus.gif highlights_engines.jpg

icon_plus.gif highlights_engines.jpg

TDI400

This impressive Bi-turbo charged TDI option offers a significant 400Nm torque from only 1500rpm. The perfect engine for those looking for a smooth combination of power and performance, this engine is perfectly suited to the Amarok, allowing it to tow and carry substantial loads as well as seamlessly tackling off-road ruts or devouring freeway kilometres.

From Bee Wublu Oz

The TDI engine in the Amarok comes in two different formats, both combining outstanding power and increased fuel efficiency. Both engines enjoy impressive fuel consumption figures under 8l/100km.

TDI340

The perfect engine for those looking to combine power and economy. The TDI340 turbocharged engine produces an impressive 340Nm torque, with 90kW of power offering substantial pulling power and significant reductions in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. This engine is available with the 4x2 rear-wheel drive Amarok.

icon_plus.gifhighlights_engines.jpg

icon_plus.gifhighlights_engines.jpg

TDI400

This impressive Bi-turbo charged TDI option offers a significant 400Nm torque from only 1500rpm. The perfect engine for those looking for a smooth combination of power and performance, this engine is perfectly suited to the Amarok, allowing it to tow and carry substantial loads as well as seamlessly tackling off-road ruts or devouring freeway kilometres.

Just shockem that they would put a 2.0 8 speed, an a 4X4!!!

I've driven 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 13 & 15 speeds, and anymore, unless it’s a bona-fide sports car (not an econo-box with the sport package), I’ll take P R N D

Although that B-Model Mack tow-truck with a 15 speed triplex was a lot of fun when I was 20….cowboy.gif