Forgot To Do Re-Entry Permit When Takin 3 Day Trip To Hong Kong, Can I Still Have Work Permit If On Retirement Visa?

Questions:

Can I do conversion at Bangkok suan plu or do I have to go to pathumthanee were I did my annual extension of stay?

Can I do a retirement visa off the back of the 30 day I have?

Can I work and still hold a work permit on a retirement visa?

My current extension was until 21 Sept 2012 until I forgot to do re-entry permit. I have had a work permit for 8 years and never missed a re-entry in 10 years. Whats my best approach?

Many thanks to any contributors.

Sorry to say but you are back to the beginning now mate. Cannot work on a retirement visa also.

Once you "forgot" your re-entry permit you are now back to basic tourist or permission to stay for 30 days. Start all over now.

You've lost your status due to entering the country as a 30-day visa-exempt tourist.

But I am not sure what your previous status was, as you cannot get a work permit based on a retirement visa. What was your "current" (now lost) extension of stay until 21 Sep 12 based on?

1. You can covert you visa exempt entry to a non-O (2000 baht) and then extend it for 1 year (1900 baht). You can not do it at Suan Plu, it must be done at Chaing Wattana.

2. The extension can be either for marriage or retirement if you qualify.

3. You cannot work on a retirement extension.

4. If you intend to work, your best approach would be to convert to a Non-O and extend it for marriage purposes. Some labor offices will not issue work permits on marriage extwnsions, but if you have been doing it for 8 years, I suspect that the labor office that you use doesn't have a problem doing it.

1. You go to Pathum Thanee first but suspect they will send you to Chiang Watanna for the conversion.

2. You convert for either Thai wife or work (using paperwork for selected extension type). You almost surely would not be able to obtain a new work permit on a retirement extension.

3. Yes if you have 15 days remaining you should be able to make the conversion from visa exempt (but likely only in Bangkok).

You've lost your status due to entering the country as a 30-day visa-exempt tourist.

But I am not sure what your previous status was, as you cannot get a work permit based on a retirement visa. What was your "current" (now lost) extension of stay until 21 Sep 12 based on?

It was based on a spouse visa and we have our own company/business.

1. You can covert you visa exempt entry to a non-O (2000 baht) and then extend it for 1 year (1900 baht). You can not do it at Suan Plu, it must be done at Chaing Wattana.

4. If you intend to work, your best approach would be to convert to a Non-O and extend it for marriage purposes. Some labor offices will not issue work permits on marriage extwnsions, but if you have been doing it for 8 years, I suspect that the labor office that you use doesn't have a problem doing it.

My existing work permit is until Sept 2013. If I do my new Non O quickly wont this remain in place?

It was based on a spouse visa and we have our own company/business.

wayned and lopburi3 have already replied. I suggest to follow the advice.

My existing work permit is until Sept 2013. If I do my new Non O quickly wont this remain in place?

There's no problem with your work permit, it's still valid (I think?). It's your visa & extension that's messed up... Conversion and extension per (4) above is your best option. Unless you no longer have the 400k handy which would make it a bit tricky, in which case you might be stuck doing border runs or visa runs while you re-season your funds...

There's no problem with your work permit, it's still valid (I think?). It's your visa & extension that's messed up... Conversion and extension per (4) above is your best option. Unless you no longer have the 400k handy which would make it a bit tricky, in which case you might be stuck doing border runs or visa runs while you re-season your funds...

I have a 55,000 baht income from my Thai job as MD of our company. Will this still be ok?

It has been mentioned earlier that I need 15 days remaining of my 30 day visa exempt. Why do I need so long? How long does it take to do the Conversion at Chang Wattana? Cant they do the same day? Will I need to take my wife with me or just the paperwork?

Thanks to all for any input

They set the timeline - it used to be 21 days minimum but have seen reports down to 7 days recently - they will not do on last day from recent report. You will need all the information and wife that is normally required. But if money has not been in account the required time you will come back 60 days later anyhow so it will have been in account for required time then and that is when extension process will start.

They set the timeline - it used to be 21 days minimum but have seen reports down to 7 days recently - they will not do on last day from recent report. You will need all the information and wife that is normally required. But if money has not been in account the required time you will come back 60 days later anyhow so it will have been in account for required time then and that is when extension process will start.

I have both a thai income of 55,000 baht a month so dont need the money in the bank.

If I leave it to 10 days before will that be ok do you think? So they will give me 60 days Non-O extension and after that when I comeback to immigration they will give me a new extended stay stamp for 1 year?

Have all the documents

You will receive a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then during the last 30 days can do the normal one year extension of stay process (and return 30 days later for final stamp). They used to do in one go for retirement but even that seems to be two visits now at most locations.

If doing with less than 15 days I would check first that they will allow as there has not been any notice of official policy made that I am aware of.

You will receive a 90 day non immigrant visa entry and then during the last 30 days can do the normal one year extension of stay process (and return 30 days later for final stamp). They used to do in one go for retirement but even that seems to be two visits now at most locations.

If doing with less than 15 days I would check first that they will allow as there has not been any notice of official policy made that I am aware of.

Thanks for the input. I would like to bounce something off you but dont want it public. How can we comms in total privacy?

Anybody else seen an official line on the number of days there must be left on your 30 day stamp?

"if needed he might get a 60 day extension first and then convert to a nonn-immigrant."

He says he has 55k salary, and the needed documents. Doesn't sound like he needs the 60 days.

OP, you verify your salary with tax documents.