Baby Boy On The Way, What To Do For Bc

HI,

Gonna have a baby boy in bkk in a few weeks. I'm a US citizen, my wife's dual. We want him to have dual citizenship. The Thai part is automatic(I think). What about the US part? What do I have to do to get him a US Birth Certificate/Citizenship/Passport etc?

:o

I have poked around on the forum a bit and didn't see anything about this, but i bet its out there somewhere.

Tanks.

I went thru this recently. If your child is born in Thailand (which from what you wrote, seems like it will be so), register your child's birth at the American Citizen Services (ACS) at the Consular Section of the US Embassy in BKK.

You will be required to set up an appointment to do this... you cannot just show up. The ACS will send you a packet of information and forms that need to be filled out prior to your appointment.

You will also be able to apply for a US Passport for your child.

I think the total cost for the Report of Birth Abroad of US Citizen certificate and US Passport runs about $125 (can't recall... it could be more).

It takes the ACS 2-weeks (after they have approved your application) for the certificate and passport to be ready. You can only pick these up at the ACS (they will not be mailed to you).

Good luck, and most importantly, congratulations!

Let me know if you have further questions.

HI,

Gonna have a baby boy in bkk in a few weeks. I'm a US citizen, my wife's dual. We want him to have dual citizenship. The Thai part is automatic(I think). What about the US part? What do I have to do to get him a US Birth Certificate/Citizenship/Passport etc?

:o

I have poked around on the forum a bit and didn't see anything about this, but i bet its out there somewhere.

Tanks.

Have never done myself, but here is the link from the Consulate In Bangkok

TH