Mut mee--nong khai

tara_thai

Does anybody know the e-mail address for the Mut Mee guesthouse in Nong Khai?  

I e-mailed them to try to make a reservation, but Hotmail deleted MANY of my e-mails when I went over the size limit, and I no longer have their e-mail and don't know if they responded!

Dont have an Email no.but you can fax at below...

Mut-Mee Guest House:

114/4 Kaewworawut Road.

Fax: (042) 460717

also the following have hom pages..

(for info)

Pantawee Hotel: see their home page.

80 rooms from 300 - 600 Baht

1049 Hai Soke Road.

Tel: (042) 411568-9

Pantawee Resort: see their home page.

36 rooms from 400 - 500 Baht.

Jammanee Soi 4

Tel: (042) 411008 - 420059

http://www.danishbaker.dk/

...news and views from N.K.

:cool:  ::o

Little bit of further info on N.K.

Site is in need of up dating but ...well..

Nong Khai is a transit town on the way to Vientiane for most travellers. It is also a busy trade point for stuff coming and going across the border, some of it illegally after dark by boat like drugs and vegetables. Sitting on the Mekong River it is a relaxed pleasant town. Not very tourist oriented, because most only stay a day or two.

http://www.se-asia.com/thailand/nong_khai.php

???

• 1 year later...

Nicer than the pictures. A very pleasant and relaxing guesthouse...I go there a couple of times a year to relax by the river while volunteering at a local school.

Nong Khai is not all that touristy and there are many interesting things to see..look at the website and see. The Staff at MutMee is very knowledgeable and helpful and they can spell better than mee. Also they can facilitate almost any local activity you have an interest in.

• 4 weeks later...

Mutmee is by far the best place to stay in Nongkhai.Its right in the middle of Nong Khai and yet they have a stunning garden right in the river where i chill out before going on the visa run.Got a top restaurant too and everyone is well friendly.Stayed at Phon phisai before but way too far out and nothing to do or see.No decent reataurants or activities.Got roasted on the bus to Nong Khai.Now always stay at Mutmee.Cheap too.

Aletta.

• 1 month later...

I'll be coming up to Nong Khai next week to do a visa run to Laos.Looking at this forum and others it seems the choices for accommodation for a budget traveller are limited to possibly Mutmee and Sawasdee guesthouses.It sounds as though Nong Khai is mostly a transit point for thiose going to or coming from Laos.

I'll be coming up to Nong Khai next week to do a visa run to Laos.Looking at this forum and others it seems the choices for accommodation for a budget traveller are limited to possibly Mutmee and Sawasdee guesthouses.It sounds as though Nong Khai is mostly a transit point for thiose going to or coming from Laos.

Also for the few travelling the Issan loop from or to the North of Thailand.

I do apologise if i ahave offended those resident in Isarn.I'm not called mad Ang for nothing. :D

Had a lovely two days at Mutmee.A beautiful green oasis in the desert that is Isarn. :D Nice group of guests with some intelligent conversation if you like that sort of thing.Must say my group was more to more liking with interest being in the next bottle of cool Leo. :o

Diggerbasher,the guy seems like a good bloke but can't say i had many long chats as i'm a bit of a beer head and i would imagine he is more likely to have a nice glass of wine.

Had some great laughs with a big fat bloke from England who looked like Father Christmas and his Thai wife.He said Nong Khai was great and had just come from Phon Phisai which he said was not worth a visit.

Thanks Diggerbasher

Next time it might help if i open my eyes and read what is before me. :o

My problem is i tend to believe what i read on the internet.I expect owners of Guesthouse web sites to be honest and testermonials to be true and fair.I don't expect a web site to say the guesthouse is awful but if i travel a long way to stay somewhere i expect to see what is promoted when i get there. :D

I think there are many worse places to retire in Thailand than Nong Khai,like here in Korat. :o

I fully agree that today it would be more inviting than 15 years ago with no TV, no medical facilities to speak of, no place to buy imported foods, much more restrictive visa regulations, much less chance of customs clearance without payoffs and such. But it made no sense at all for AARP reader who had mostly never traveled further than perhaps a weekend visit to Mexico and tell them to relocate lock-stock-and barrel to a country where everything was different. For those of us with other reasons to be here it makes a little more sense.

Thailand has something for retirees of all ilks,from the lively old guy who lives near Pattaya or Phuket to the fossils like me who like a slow placid life without too much excitement. :o

Nong Khai is very beautiful but certainly not lively.

• 2 weeks later...
You mean to say there are people that actually go on tours of Isarn.I thought all the Isarn Provinces were the same.Flat and dry with everything covered in a fine layer of red dust.

I want to go to Udon Thani, fancy a peep at the dancing flowers in Udon Thani nursery. anyone been?

Aparently these flowers are hydrid gyrants and move to high pitch noise, I've met people who seen them they've said it's amazing, really calming.

That's got to be worth a visit?

B