What'S Happening In Chalong?

bondibrummie

Stevehaigh: the bar maid sector in Chalong ( and all of Thailand for that matter) is demand-driven.

That is, the quality of the "hostesses" will only be as good as the regular clientele is willing to pay for.

The owners have made a calculation that they can garnish an acceptable level of profit from the business with the current level of beauty (or lack thereof).

In other words, the regulars are not that discriminating, or have limited pockets.

'nuff said

• Like 1

Stevehaigh: the bar maid sector in Chalong ( and all of Thailand for that matter) is demand-driven.

That is, the quality of the "hostesses" will only be as good as the regular clientele is willing to pay for.

The owners have made a calculation that they can garnish an acceptable level of profit from the business with the current level of beauty (or lack thereof).

In other words, the regulars are not that discriminating, or have limited pockets.

'nuff said

UP TO THEM

'nuff said

I think you will find that, as with everywhere else, they have difficulty getting bar staff and will take what they can get (within reason). With respect, your theory of a 'calculation' has nothing to do with it.

E: I suppose I should add that many bars in this particular area do not pay wages - food and basic accommodation is provided and the staff make their living only from tips, lady drinks and 'offs'. In the more populace areas, staff wages typically vary between 5000 and 9000 baht per month, plus the extras as stated. Thus, those potential staff with lower expectations may be the more likely to gravitate towards non wage paying bars/areas.

Edited by Ping

• 2 months later...

That road is long overdue for widening and clearing those low bars.

So depressing driving down there.

its not so much the bars that need an upgrade as the 'quality' of the entertainment! there aren't too many beauty contest winners down that strip

they may not be beauty contest winners but they are very attentive when you go in there

its not so much the bars that need an upgrade as the 'quality' of the entertainment! there aren't too many beauty contest winners down that strip

they may not be beauty contest winners but they are very attentive when you go in there

that's true but they don't seem to have the 50b happy hour prices that the rawai bars have. at least they didn't the last time i looked a couple of weeks ago

BTW, the strip around corner bar and asia bar seems to be jammed up with farangs in the late afternoon just recently. no low season there.

Edited by stevehaigh

that's true but they don't seem to have the 50b happy hour prices that the rawai bars have. at least they didn't the last time i looked a couple of weeks ago

BTW, the strip around corner bar and asia bar seems to be jammed up with farangs in the late afternoon just recently. no low season there.

I love how these geniuses park on that narrow cut through road to save themselves a 20 metre walk. Judging by the looks of these early afternoon punters, they'd be better of pedaling a bicycle over for some exercise.

Just upgraded shop-houses. Haven't heard about a boxing stadium.

The road is crying out to be widened yet what KB said is the same as what I observe.

and then get another race track for the minibus driver.

no they just renovate the buildings, and behind, seabees plans a resort.

no more girly bars in the renovated buildings, as i heared, what a shame.

Edited by huuwi

The whole of Chalong plaza which houses Mr India and the other shytholes will be knocked down and have a second level put on them. All the shop houses from Sea bees to the shop before Happy Days will be revamped. Happy days will get a slight touch up outside but nothing on the inside. All the other shop fronts will be rented out downstairs only. From what I have heard they are asking 20-25k a month for the downstairs only (dreamers). Upstairs will be all rooms that will be rented out to Sea Bee's customers and students. Ezy Bar (or as I refer to it 'The house of twisted faces') will be a couple of shop fronts. Sunees Sauna will not be a Muay Thai camp now (because that would have actually been a smart idea for the area)..but a row of overpriced sterile shop fronts that will remain vacant for years. Out the back will be another empty sauna.... Also part of the new rental contracts include 'rules' that dont allow girly bars or anything similar. The 'new' Chalong will be dive shops,cafes and restaurants apparently....I cant wait to see that....give it 2 years of vacancy and we will have, coconut bar 2, ATM bar 4, and Pin 3 bar, Sailor 5 bar. Interesting times ahead.....oh yes i almost forgot...at the back of sea bee's down to the house of twisted faces will be a car park for all the extra cafe latte set that will be hanging around

I bet you that they're all occupied one year after completion.

Ill have a bottle of JD on that, there are 14 shop fronts I think from Sea bee's till happy days...2 more at the old house of twisted faces then 4 more at Sunees Sauna, so thats 20 shop fronts....Ill bet that at least 8 will be empty for a year, lets shake on it if we both make it to the next Thai visa party :)

Ill have a bottle of JD on that, there are 14 shop fronts I think from Sea bee's till happy days...2 more at the old house of twisted faces then 4 more at Sunees Sauna, so thats 20 shop fronts....Ill bet that at least 8 will be empty for a year, lets shake on it if we both make it to the next Thai visa party smile.png

Good wager, I'll witness.

Ill have a bottle of JD on that, there are 14 shop fronts I think from Sea bee's till happy days...2 more at the old house of twisted faces then 4 more at Sunees Sauna, so thats 20 shop fronts....Ill bet that at least 8 will be empty for a year, lets shake on it if we both make it to the next Thai visa party smile.png

Good wager, I'll witness.

Sweet so lets get this TV party happening before June 6

Ezy Bar (or as I refer to it 'The house of twisted faces')

Brilliant !!!!! Is that the bar that was all red? Red walls and very low red lighting? Next door or next-door-but-one to Happy Days.

Ezy Bar (or as I refer to it 'The house of twisted faces')

Brilliant !!!!! Is that the bar that was all red? Red walls and very low red lighting? Next door or next-door-but-one to Happy Days.

Right next door to happy days....the bar girls retirement home

I think we need to change this topic to 'What's Happened to Snamos' Avatar".

From charging party animal to glamour shot of Eric Estrada circa 73, really?

Figured you for more the John Belushi type........

No mate its because I love the Phuket volunteer police so much...especially the highway patrols on their big bikes...they remind me of the TV show 'Chips' a TV show which I really loved as a kid, but I did grow up if you know what I mean