Israel and Palestine agree to cease fire after rocket attacks, airstrikes

News_Editor

"even the hawks are sensitive to international pressure and know that an extended operation in Gaza would make a raid against Iran more difficult."

You can see how the pieces can fit together, not that there is any guarantee that this is what is infact happening.

I read this article earlier and can't help but wonder why a terrorist group would repeatedly break a cease fire knowing they are on the wrong end of a 100-1 kill ratio. This article even mentions the low Israeli end of the kill ratio. I have even thought back on other historical terrorists and for the most part, they get a lot of bang for their buck largely because of the surprise element of their effort. Hamas is an exception to pretty much all of terror history as far as I am aware. The American Indians were way better terrorists and they didn't have rockets.

I realize indigenous Arabs are not that bright as a group and give up roughly 22 points on average IQ to Ashkenazi Jews, survival also involves instinct and even the dumbest person has innate survival hardwired somehow into his being.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am feeling kind of offended by the snarky thinly veiled conspiracy theory insinuations. I propose -- provide some evidence ... or drop it.

JT, that is pretty much all I have. No conspiracy involved just a bit of a twist on the commonly accepted status of a particular terrorist group.

Sorry if you are offended. That was not my intention. Actually, I thought the theory was complementary to the Pro-Israel crowd.

I am feeling kind of offended by the snarky thinly veiled conspiracy theory insinuations. I propose -- provide some evidence ... or drop it.

JT, that is pretty much all I have. No conspiracy involved just a bit of a twist on the commonly accepted status of a particular terrorist group.

Sorry if you are offended. That was not my intention. Actually, I thought the theory was complementary to the Pro-Israel crowd.

No, it is not, and I don't really believe you that you think that it is. You have voiced your groundless conspiracy theory numerous times. You admit you have zero evidence. Really: 'NUFF SAID! Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

No, it is not, and I don't really believe you that you think that it is. You have voiced your groundless conspiracy theory numerous times. You admit you have zero evidence. Really: 'NUFF SAID!

JT. Hamas as an Iranian proxy is just a theory. Just one that is popular.

No, it is not, and I don't really believe you that you think that it is. You have voiced your groundless conspiracy theory numerous times. You admit you have zero evidence. Really: 'NUFF SAID!

I agree. You have no evidence to back up this Hamas is controlled by Israel nonsense, but keep bringing it up over and over again.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I agree. You have no evidence to back up this Hamas is controlled by Israel nonsense, but keep bringing it up over and over again.

The way I see it Pakboong is just fishing around for opinions ,ain't this what this forum is all about!?, personally writing I think his thoughts are somewhat off the mark, never the less as stated before his posts are somewhat thought provoking on my behalf and I for one fully condone his right to post them even though I may disagree , for me only those on the left want to stifle free speech.
  • Like 1

Frankly, I see it more like a flame. Israelis are so smart (sneaky so called compliment) that they control everything. That's what he's on about and it is nauseating. Sure you can say that, but how many times, how many times? What purpose does it really served, other than to grate, to say this kind of thing again and again with no evidence? Yes, the way he has stated that stuff is designed to have plausible deniability, but I ain't buying it.

Edited by Jingthing

Sure you can say that, but how many times, how many times? What purpose does it really served, other than to grate, to say this kind of thing again and again with no evidence?

Agreed. The conspiracy silliness gets old and the mods have said that it does not belong on here many, many times.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The only Palestinian I knew well, was a fellow named Elias. He came to the US to work as a counselor at a kid's summer camp in Virginia, where I was also a counselor. A week in to the 12 week program, he decided he wanted to go to Disneyland. We told him it was on the other side of the continent, and with little money, it would be tough for him to do the trip. He was an adult, so he went. 2 weeks later, we got a phone call from him asking for money for airfare back from L.A. Just one little story, so take it with as many grains of salt as you please.

The only Palestinian I knew well, was a fellow named Elias. He came to the US to work as a counselor at a kid's summer camp in Virginia, where I was also a counselor. A week in to the 12 week program, he decided he wanted to go to Disneyland. We told him it was on the other side of the continent, and with little money, it would be tough for him to do the trip. He was an adult, so he went. 2 weeks later, we got a phone call from him asking for money for airfare back from L.A. Just one little story, so take it with as many grains of salt as you please.

He was no doubt disappointed at how moderate Mickey Mouse is, compared to Hamas Mickey that is. smile.png

I don't know how I can break this down to a simpler example.

Catapults used during the middle ages in sieges against fortified positions inflicted more casualties and caused more property damage than the 21st century rockets and mortars in us by Hamas out of Gaza against mostly residential areas.

I find it extremely odd that so few seem to see this.

I don't believe there were sirens available during the middle ages.

Have you ever experienced the adrenaline rush of hearing a siren knowing there is something incoming and you have no idea where it might land or who it might harm?

If you haven't lived under the duress of being bombarded daily with, however ineffectual they may be, rockets from the enemy, then how can you belittle the fear of living your daily life under that pressure.

• Like 1

I think some people see what you are saying, but don't necessarily agree with you.

I also see the concern about conspiracy theory, but at this point, what is being said is an opinion backed up with some information, and IMO that makes it speculation rather than a conspiracy.

Others may disagree on that point, but that's not exactly the topic of this thread.

I think some people see what you are saying, but don't necessarily agree with you.

I also see the concern about conspiracy theory, but at this point, what is being said is an opinion backed up with some information, and IMO that makes it speculation rather than a conspiracy.

Others may disagree on that point, but that's not exactly the topic of this thread.

thank you scott,some times a topic goes with a topic and with in the rules i commend you,for letting the thread go on,its not all black and white,but we all have views, and keeping it clean and having a comment,its just a view.

in a perfect world no one wants to be the bad guy but letting each guy ,

have a take on things.

its a step forward good job we dont live there.

thank god.

but hope thing turn for the better.

How much are the Saudis assisting the Palestinians? They're rich and have vast stretches of property. There are probably a lot more Palestinians emigrating to the US than to Saudi Arabia or Iran - which are a few hours drive away. Why is that? Probably because the US is open to immigrants, whereas Saudis and Iranians are closed, even though they pretend to endlessly support their fellow Arabs/Muslims.

How much are the Saudis assisting the Palestinians? They're rich and have vast stretches of property. There are probably a lot more Palestinians emigrating to the US than to Saudi Arabia or Iran - which are a few hours drive away. Why is that? Probably because the US is open to immigrants, whereas Saudis and Iranians are closed, even though they pretend to endlessly support their fellow Arabs/Muslims.

I wonder which country will end up regretting their policy.

• Like 1

Catapults used during the middle ages in sieges against fortified positions inflicted more casualties and caused more property damage than the 21st century rockets and mortars in us by Hamas out of Gaza against mostly residential areas.

While historically correct, you fail to mention that catapults were used to lunch disease infected bodies (both animal and human) into crowded besieged cities. They were also used to break down walls and gates, not on residential buildings.

Does the fact that your enemy is using pitifully inadequate weapons in any way diminish the fact that he is attacking you with the intent of causing death and destruction? Do you ignore him because his success rate is low and he hasn't killed one of your children YET?

You make a very good point Mick ,and in truth there is simply (as far as I'm concerned) no answer to it that carry's a grain of common sense!

I don't believe there were sirens available during the middle ages.

Have you ever experienced the adrenaline rush of hearing a siren knowing there is something incoming and you have no idea where it might land or who it might harm?

If you haven't lived under the duress of being bombarded daily with, however ineffectual they may be, rockets from the enemy, then how can you belittle the fear of living your daily life under that pressure.

There were no sirens but, I have spent time in the bunker.

While historically correct, you fail to mention that catapults were used to lunch disease infected bodies (both animal and human) into crowded besieged cities. They were also used to break down walls and gates, not on residential buildings.

Does the fact that your enemy is using pitifully inadequate weapons in any way diminish the fact that he is attacking you with the intent of causing death and destruction? Do you ignore him because his success rate is low and he hasn't killed one of your children YET?

Why are their weapons so inadequate? The popular claim is these terrorist are being supported in such matters by the Iranians who have all the latest stuff. If Hamas is their proxy of choice, as many claim, why the inadequate weapons?

There have been a couple of post that in answering this question, with the position that the terrorist and Iran do not want to use the good stuff because it might start a war. What could I possibly say in answer to that?

My actual point was/is that the death rate is purposely low. I am sorry if I failed to make that clear to you.

My actual point was/is that the death rate is purposely low. I am sorry if I failed to make that clear to you.

Pakboong, whilst I enjoy your posts and of course respect your opinion,s you cannot really expect any one (even an old fool like me) to swallow that when Rockets are fired from Gaza into Israel by whoever that it is with the fervent hope they do not cause too much damage to life or propertywink.png Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 2

The answer is NO.

• Like 1

The answer is NO.

UG, frankly This thread sadly is now bordering on the ridiculous , the rockets fired into Israel was a retaliatory strike by those Islamist's who appear to operate with immunity in Gaza for the IDF "taking out" a terrorist who they viewed as a threat to their citizens ,but the over 200 rockets launched was not meant as a revenge attack into Israel with the sole purpose of endangering Israeli life and property! , maybe its just me ,but I am somewhat at odds to understand if those in Gaza do not wish to cause loss of life and damage to Israeli property ,why oh why are they willing to risk their very lives to fire them in the first place???

Perhaps it's done by backwards messages beamed through their televisions. cowboy.gif

• Like 1

Don't be bloody ridiculous. Crap weapons inherently have a low success rate, but when they hit a kindergarten everybody cheers.

When the counter-strike takes out the launchers and a few of their family, its indiscriminate killing. Cry me a river.

• Like 1

Why are their weapons so inadequate? The popular claim is these terrorist are being supported in such matters by the Iranians who have all the latest stuff. If Hamas is their proxy of choice, as many claim, why the inadequate weapons?

There have been a couple of post that in answering this question, with the position that the terrorist and Iran do not want to use the good stuff because it might start a war. What could I possibly say in answer to that?

You could say "Crap" because launching a missile into another country's land is an act of war. Doing it regularly and asking for sympathy is illogical, and in this case suicidal. But that's OK because they're doing it for god.