Apitherapy In Chiang Mai?

cm das

I'm interested in therapeutic bee stings (apitherapy) to treat arthritis. Has anyone heard of a place that offers apitherapy in Chiang Mai? An old friend of mine in the US has had excellent results using this approach. And yes, I'm looking for a clinic or similar place with experience in providing this treatment, not just any old guy with a bees' nest in his yard.

I would be interested in this, too. Back when we had a greenhouse/nursery business, I'd sometimes get a bee-sting or (more often) a yellowjacket hornet sting. Of course they hurt, but the consolation was knowing the next day my joints would feel great.

I looked but never found anything on the internet about how you can obtain the bee-sting effect with a yellowjacket. Seemed to work for me. They were much more readily available and easier to get upset. You practically have to wrap your hand around a honeybee to get it riled enough to sting you.

Apparently the Mae Fah Luang University Hospital up in Chiang Rai provides apitherapy treatments. I'll be going to Chiang Rai in a couple weeks anyway so I 'll probably check it out. I'd still like to find alternatives closer to home though. At some point this week I'll drop by the Agro-tourism bee keeping center over by the night safari & see what they have to say.