Speedtest

vodka

Run a tracert -d <speed site> (IP or DNS name of speed site)

Look for high latency times at different hops.

If you're running wired ethernet, check to see if your computer is running half or full duplex, and check the router for same.

Are you running the speed test with any torrents or internet activity (malware, bots)?

Does this happen all the time or you get slowdown at different times of the day?

www.speedtest.net has two hosts in Bangkok one hosted by Thai Visa and the other by STS group. You can select one or the other before you run the speedtest when I test a few minutes ago Thai Visa 0.81 down and 2.6Mbps up but STS group gave me 4.9Mbps down and 2.71 Mbps up. the Thai Visa site seems overloaded at this time so is not a true test of your links speed.

FWIW, I'm in Hua Hin on 3BB, as well. I often get speedtest.net results of 1 to 2 Mbps upload to Bangkok, and then start a torrent download from overseas and get my full 9Mbps download. Those speedtests are wonky. For one, they are only single-threaded apparently. It was explained on one of the other threads in this section, if you can find it.

all the speedtest and the speedtest.net delivers false data,

so if you really wanna know the speed, pick a server location you know

type: cmd

then ping yourserverlocation.com

see the results, not as fancy as speedtest, but honest data reliable none fake data

all the speedtest and the speedtest.net delivers false data,

so if you really wanna know the speed, pick a server location you know

type: cmd

then ping yourserverlocation.com

see the results, not as fancy as speedtest, but honest data reliable none fake data

I wouldn't say all speedtesters give false data. Some do the great majority of the time like the DSLReports and Microsoft Online Services speedtesters. In fact, many people will argue the download speeds results from above mentioned speedtesters is too low...they may be right...then again, seeing the truth sometimes hurts. And the ping time command only gives you ping/latency time; it doesn't give you download/upload speed.

Edited by Pib