Internet Reception In Somewhat Remote Village In Buriram

maphraw

I will be moving part time to a village between Lahansai and Nang Rong in Buriram and I would like to have internet access for my laptop. It seems difficult to get information as to whether or not I will be able to get good reception at this point in time.The Telewiz office in Buriram told me all I need is an air card and I will get good reception but a few expats that I have met in the area claim otherwise. Can anyone suggest a reliable service provider? True3G with micro sim card was suggested by some but others in the area disputed this.

Talk to neighbors, see what they are using.

You can review 3G coverage at TOT, CAT My/TrueMove H and AIS 's websites.

If you can't get 3G then you'll have to rely on 2G: GSM Data: GPRS/EDGE.

There have been a gazillion threads on this subject so a search might yield additional details.

True-H might be your best bet, yes. Because they're built on the back of the old CAT CDMA network which had pretty decent coverage in some pretty remote areas. It would depend how far along with the conversion True are, certainly they seemed to be a couple of months ahead of their schedule in my area.

Do you have a smartphone, preferably quad-band? The easiest way would be to get a chip from ALL the providers and try them one after the other to see which one has the best signal.

Note however that you will also have to check which one (if any) is carrying 3G - for example you might find DTAC has 5 bars and True has only 2 bars on the phone, but then find that DTAC isn't (yet) on 3G while True is, in which case obviously True would be your best (current) choice until DTAC rolled out 3G on their tower...