A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Hospital

billd766

A funny thing happened to me this morning on my way to the hospital to pick up my wife and son.

I was driving through a small village near Mae Wong national park and ran into a traffic check with about 10 policemen.

I had my brother, sister in law and their son with me and I got pulled over as the police man looked for my tax registration and insurance.

They expired a few days ago and I had left them on my desk meaning to stick them up last week but I forgot.

I had to go to the police post which was where the check was anyway and we got talking and it was a 200 baht fine, legal with all the paperwork.

I was going to pay it and they asked wherer we were going and my b-i-l said to the hospital at Nakhon Sawan and that I had the stuff on my desk at home and something about a stupid farang.

We all had a laugh and they sent me away without paying the fine and toild me to stick the stuff on my window tomorrow which I will.

They were all nice guys and were just doing their job and not hassling anybody who was in the right. Maybe I will go back in a couple of days to show them the stickers and drop off a couple of bottles of Xmas cheer.