Lee Shamrock @ Shenanigans

les Dennis

Last Sunday I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening being entertained by Lee Shamrock at Shenanigans Pattaya. On this occasion he was joined by Barry Upton, but even when he plays solo I think he is the best all round entertainer Thailand has to offer. Yes there are other good musicians, Lan Morrison, Kevin the guitar man, and Barry Upton, and a bunch of Filipinos but as a one man night of entertainment, I don’t think he can be bettered, Thoughts please.

He is based in Bangkok and has done the irish bars for about 15 years now. He also plays in Samui and Koh Tao quite regularly and I think he was in Phuket for a while. He knows all the Irish favourites and has an extensive range of tunes that can be requested. Hes at Shenanigans every Sunday, well worth a look.

was in Irish bar few nights ago, White Rover & Dirty Old Town i never wish to hear again. was phuket though but ah no thanks. off topic slightly should be a good place for the rugby, England v Ireland on Paddys day.

"Wild Rover", not White Rover. A white rover is a type of car. You may also find that "Dirty Old Town" is surprisingly popular here in Pattaya.

was in Irish bar few nights ago, White Rover & Dirty Old Town i never wish to hear again. was phuket though but ah no thanks. off topic slightly should be a good place for the rugby, England v Ireland on Paddys day.

"Wild Rover", not White Rover. A white rover is a type of car. You may also find that "Dirty Old Town" is surprisingly popular here in Pattaya.

Intersting that this is your experience. Mine is quite different. My view is that Zombie, by the Cranberries, is by far the most popular Irish song in Pattaya --- in fact, of all of Thailand. Tis the beat, maybe.

apologises, all these years i was singing White, prity poor car as well. Pattaya not as dirty as some others i have seen recently.