Dog Contraception

You are opening her up to a world of infections and problems not least including a shortened life span if you do not get her neutered as well as if you breed from her. Regardless of breed, there are enough dogs in Thailand already. Surely it is better to neuter her and enjoy her company for a few more years than to maybe one day add a few puppies to the street / dog pound not least because most people would not be able to accommodate and exercise a border colly as well as you can;especially the local people who would buy the lovely cute puppy and throw them out when they start growing. In the few extra years you get from her being around this will give you ample time to import another one if you so chose.

You are right....might just consider that.

But with regard to pups....would not sell them to a Thai anyway.....they are uncommon enough here that it would be easy to find some select expats to buy them and I would also offer to take them back if circumstances change for them.

If you are talking about the contraceptive injections that many places use all I can say is RUN! They generally cause cancer in the female, round about 6-7 years old. We had two female dogs that were injected for a few years before we could get a vet (no vet to spay) and I was ignorant of how deadly it was. They both died from cancer a few years later. The vet on Samui told us that most of the dogs he had seen that had the injection did get cancer.