Non Immigrant "O" Visa

Hi i should know this by now but have forgotten, or has something changed when getting this visa.

It lasts a year, but i thought it was 3 entries last time i got it, same thing i guess, and was that a recent change or never been a change??

Do i need to leave Thailand every 2 months or 3 months?

and if its 3 months, you dont mean by paying some money to extend 2 months an extra month to 3 do you? is it just a straight 3 months and leave, 3 months leave etc, no more money involved, no etending 2 month - 3 month by paying more??

Thanks.

Have to leave every 90 day's can be extended but cost's I believe 1,900bt you can have as many entries as you like till it run's out, if you work it right will last almost 15 month's. I'm sure you know that unless you have monies in a Thai bank 800.000bt and over 50year's old, working, or are married you can no longer get one.

Look up www.thailand-visa.com

Edited by fredob43

A Non Immigrant O Visa gives a stay of up to 90 days. A Multi Entry gives unlimited entries for a year with a maximum of 90 days each entry.
I would like to ask the N/I 90 day one does that still require the same format to obtain as the M/Entry. Thank's. Edited by fredob43

coffee1.gif Well, I'm not sure if this is what your talking about but...

There is a type of visa available called a non O multi-entry non immigrant visa.

It is:

Good for one year from date of issue

Allows unlimited entries into Thailand each one for a 90 "permitted to stay" stamp on entry.

It is stamped with a "multi" stamp on the "number of entrys" allowed spot on the visa stamped in your passport..

It is expensive...and lately has become very difficult to get now. It cost me 120 pounds to get one at the Thai consulate in Hull in October 2010.

IF you can get one now...and be prepared for a lot of paperwork, forms, and time involved for this visa now...it is like the Rolls Royce of non immigrant visas (my opinion, anyhow).

I used mine for my first year in Thailand, before I applied for my retirement extension.

In spite of the 120 pounds...plus travel to the U.K., it was worthwhile just to get that hassle free year to set up everything i needed to get done in Thailand in order for me to retire here.

But that's just my opinion.

licklips.gif

Thanks all.

I have the multi-entry Non "O" Visa, For some reason i thought it was 2 months then leave. That makes its abit more bearable.

I do have 1 more question though if anyone knows.

Last time i was on this visa quite some time ago i went to the Cambodian border for the first time, seemed like i was being hussled some way or another. Some general army looking guy, sitting in a dingey underground setting wanted a few thousand baht for the Cambodian Visa, do i require this or can it simply be done like i did down on the Malaysian border once by jumping on the back of a scooter taxi and he ran me through both sides in minutes for less than 200baht if i remember correclty, no hassel anywhere?

Cambodia seems much harder, or was i just being hussled? Do i actually require a Visa for there, and if so How much is it and can i get it in Bangkok? Or do you think the easiest way is just to go to Maylasian border as i spend alot of time also down south so isnt much of a hassel.

Thanks.

You have to leave Thailand and enter and leave another country before returning to Thailand.

Some slip trough, but normally they will check if you have an entry and exit stamp for the other country.

Yes, you require a visa for Cambodia. Alternatively go with a border run company.

• 4 months later...

For a multipe non-O based on marriage you are advised to apply in Laos, savanakhet.

Besdies that you might only get a single non-O, it takes 4 days to issue in PP, as to 2 days in savanakhet where a multiple is no problem.

Thanks for that. I have just posted in a KL thread as well, but I'll ask here anyways. What about MULTI entry in Kuala Lumpur? Reason is I have to fly there for work anyways in September, don't want to make another trip to Laos or Cambodia if not absolutely necessary.

ps, I've just looked at flights to Savanakhet. Is there really only one airline flying there?

Slightly different angle but same general topic......

Assuming that you are named on birth certificates and have the correct legitimisation documents, is it possible for an unmarried British father (of Thai children) to get a multi-entry non immigrant O in neighbouring countries, or do you have to return to your home country as I have previously always done?

If it is possible, which are the recommended places?

It is unusual to see any such report of success in the local area - for marriage yes but not for children. But for many that is all that is required as with 400k extensions of stay are available (without the need for seasoning as with marriage).

Cambodia, Laos and Burma require visas. Malaysia does not.

wai.gif

It is true that for some nationalities Malaysia issues a free entry visa/entry stamp...but NOT all nationalites automatically get one.

Most Europeans do, and U.K. and U.S. nationals do.

But CHECK before you go to be certain is a good rule.

wink.png

Cambodia, Laos and Burma require visas. Malaysia does not.

wai.gif

It is true that for some nationalities Malaysia issues a free entry visa/entry stamp...but NOT all nationalites automatically get one.

Most Europeans do, and U.K. and U.S. nationals do.

But CHECK before you go to be certain is a good rule.

wink.png

All I can tell you is Malaysia issues a free entry visa/entry stamp 90days for Australian passport 30 days for Thai passport