Lost 90 Day Slip

what are you meant to do now when the 90 day receipt of notification slip is lost? I know the next day but cannot find the slip. Can you do it by post still and just leave the slip out, or do you have to get a lost document report and go in person, or, if a lost report is needed can you use that to do the next report by post?

I have been doing 90 day reports for the last decade and it has not been stapled in more than a handful of times. And those doing by mail would never have it done. It could very easily have been lost - even if stapled in - during normal use of passport for travels/id.

When I renewed my passport last time, when putting my visa info in, they forgot to insert the 90 day slip. I noticed when I got home, so went back. The young guy that saw me was only interested in trying to blame me for it being missing, but a lady took my passport, went to the records and made a new slip for me.

I would think that if you go to them now, rather than when it expires, they will give you a copy and you won't have any potential late reporting trouble.

Well just like when we check our passport after crossing a boarder or something to make sure that they stamped the correct visa in it we are all responsable for our own travel documents.

I understand that people can lose these but to be honest I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble by showing up the next time and just saying you don't know where it is.

But they will have to do in person and I have seen reports of being required to obtain a police report for loss at some offices. Agree it should not be an issue in this computer age - but it sometimes is.

Lost mine a few years ago and had to make a police report

Immigration looked through their records and said they do not have it and I have to pay the fine

I was convinced it should be there and asked to look myself

15 minutes later I found it

They were not happy

• Like 1

Always been stapled in at Nonthaburi, never just put in your passport.

I have to report on the 26th of this month, but am leaving on the 4th April, just over 7 days, but not gonna report until 90 days after my return.

past 4 years i have always taken the slip out of my passport when i left Thailand,Immigration Never been asked once for it,

Now i no longer bother with 90 day reports

What actually happens when you ignore 90 day reporting? Lets say you never report and then go and do another extension or just leave the country. What happens? (technically and actual experience)

past 4 years i have always taken the slip out of my passport when i left Thailand,Immigration Never been asked once for it,

What actually happens when you ignore 90 day reporting? Lets say you never report and then go and do another extension or just leave the country. What happens? (technically and actual experience)

I leave and come back in ( twice did this)

I have only done one extension and did not have the 90 day report in my passport, no one said a thing ( Phuket)

I think there is a fine but......

I am not saying everyone should do this, Only my experience

Immigration Act, B.E. 2522

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

In practice a 2,000 baht fine is normally imposed.

Actual experience last week at Chaeng Wattana. A close friend had never made a 90 report . Last week when he went to renew his extension of stay based on Thai wife he was told there was no record of his 90 day reports and he had to pay a 2000 Baht fine. He paid the fine and got a barcode report form for the next 90 day report. No more said by anyone.

Edited by asiaexpat

If you know the day you reported last time (missing slip), the office where you reported has a record on the computer and normally will look it up and issue another slip.

I had this happen on a 1 year extension (no slip) and it just so happened I remembered what day I had reported (prior to holiday) and they were most helpful.

I work with some teachers who have been here 5+years and have never done a 90-day report, yet their annual extensions of stay are completed each year without comment (in Bangkok). I would imagine if they start doing 90-day reports they will have to pay the fine, but if they continue not doing them they will be fine.