Visa Process Help

My better half received an Email today regarding her visa application to the UK. The Email simply stated:

Your Visa application reference number: APET (number) has been processed by the British Embassy

and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

From the Email it seems like it has been processed by the BE and returned to VAC in Bangkok. However, its obviously very unclear as to whether it has been successful or not. If anybody has had a similar response and could shed a little light on this we would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance jap.gif

Everyone gets that, they do not know if your other half has been successful, no-one will until she physically opens the envelope and looks into her passport or there is a letter stating why she hasn't got one.

The envelope has arrived in Bangkok - you will have to collect from there -unless you have made arrangements for shipment to one of the other collection centres.

If you have paid the fee for it to be returned by post then it will arrive in a couple of days.

Unless they have changed recently, you can only collect from bangkok or about 5 collection centres around Thailand -I don't think they will send to home address or any other address

See other reply. They have a postal service if you care to read the website properly.

Thanks for the replies. The envelope did indeed arrive at the school address so I would assume my partner had arranged for it to do so and, as Anon says, paid a fee upfront. Quick turnaround, positive result, and all done and dusted in 1 week :-)